Game-Labs Forum

Cannot progress on War server

52 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

No veteran pvp player will fight against Le troll, I tried that many times, saved many new guys in my Prince etc. But it is tiresome, I mostly skip it now. 

I do agree it is very difficult for a new guy to start in Us or Brit capitol after dlc ships. 

Make Capitol Zones Great again! 

Lol 😂😂😂

Most veterans have no trouble what so ever fighting the requin and you always manage to insert DLC into every post.

@reiser this game will always have  players that struggle.

As other new players have already said on this thread, you need to apply yourself a bit and even then some players will find Naval Action a bit hard.

All games are like this.

In the game description it does explain that this tough game. I like it that way.

The peace server is there for a reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reiser said:

I created a PVE player because I was tired of getting raped outside my capital on PVP server.  I can't leave my capital without getting ganked on PVP so...  To me, that's a really really big flaw.  I also never asked for assistance on here, just gave you my opinion of how someone sees this who came back to the game.  I played PVP server primarily before, not PVE.  But I can't get out of my capital to go sinking ships when I'm in a basic cutter and getting raped by Le Req's everytime I try to leave capital port....

You are a target on pvp because you came back to the game and are probably a rear admiral in a basic cutter. I always let go new players in light ships but i never let go rear admirals in basic cutters because more often than not they carry something valuable. Americans create lots of problems in other areas - join them - we know a lot of US folks will come back to US fleets once flags will be added so they can sail under the serapis flag or us customs flag or the washington's tree flag.  Most of US players are very hardcore and many will jump back to charleston to help if you are in their time zone. Its maybe there is no-one in your time zone.

You never asked for assistance but i am interested in understanding why you have troubles sinking light ships in cutters as maybe there is something obvious that is missing... The rest of your points are questionable and do not exist on peace server… But - I assure you -  War server is EASIER now then when you played originally.

If you remember these were the rules in 2016

• You can attack ANYONE ANYWHERE. (even your own nation)
  • No safe zones
  • 8 HOUR cool down on any fast travel 

2500 players and + 4 hour queues and everyone was happy with those rules. Ganking all over the place, sinking noobs, sinking vets who were sinking your noobs, capturable 3rd rates and so on and so forth. 

And then we started trying to turn the pvp server for pvp players into common ground pve/pvp/casual/hardcore server based on feedback. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, reiser said:

I created a PVE player because I was tired of getting raped outside my capital on PVP server.  I can't leave my capital without getting ganked on PVP so...  To me, that's a really really big flaw.  I also never asked for assistance on here, just gave you my opinion of how someone sees this who came back to the game.  I played PVP server primarily before, not PVE.  But I can't get out of my capital to go sinking ships when I'm in a basic cutter and getting raped by Le Req's everytime I try to leave capital port....

You get raped every time you leave your Capitol, yet you continue to operate from your capitol...….hmmm

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

This is difficult as you know already how the game works. It is very hard to make yourself to learn and try new ways to fail.

Here are some I know people had issues with.

1. They start firing from long distance. Flat ships that are hard to hit between waves. Bots are accurate, decrease accuracy even more for 6-7th rate missions? Bots also snipe your stern from long distance, they could start sailing towards you sooner.

2. They don't follow wind and soon in irons. They don't know how to use manual sails and bot is wrecking their ship. Was this in tutorial?

3. They sail too slow next to bot and get boarded. Create a delay between boarding allowed and bot actually pulling? High ranked bots having shorter delay.

• 1 - Why cant a player learn to get close? Is there something blocking him from learning that? 
  • 2 - basic cutter allows you to ignore wind as you tack at 6 knots (are we talking about 7th and 6th rates still? Installing cheap basic mods also will make you a PVE Beast. For example installing 12lb carrons and reload mods on 7th rates or 32 lb carronades on some 6th rates. 
  • 3. why cant a player learn to keep some distance or install some boarding mods after losing a couple of times?

We are not going to  "decrease accuracy for 6th 7th rate mission" because those bots are already missing half the shots.
To me what are you offering is to change all bots to stationary hulls with loot in all PVE encounters because some players do not want to learn the game systems. 

This is a hard(er) game for those who enjoy a challenge. It is no longer designed by the committee. Thanks @Macjimm for the nice reference. 
Once you learnt the systems ai feels inadequate like in all games even DS1-2-3

• Like 1

btw all

When we say - peace server is great for those who like calm - we actually mean it  - for us it does not matter which server you are playing on - we love you on all servers.  We stopped treating Peace server as a secondary server as we have witnessed how players play there and saw how they really enjoy themselves on that server.

Its really calm, tranquil, friendly, helpful and relaxing. You can log off when your baby is crying, or wife is calling and never worry about your cargo. You can sail and fish afk if you need to go away from the computer. You dont need to worry about crafting as you can capture any ship you see. Nobody is cursing or abusing each other. 

People underestimate the calmness and healing effects of the Peace server (formerly known as PVE only - which was a bad name)

We are adding tooltips to server selections so players starting characters can make the right choice. And this choice is really flexible. - Final exam gives you a permanent M&C rank for your steam account - so if you decide to try War server - you will come ready to sail a frigate. 

• Like 9

@reiser one thought if you do need to sail basic cutters...

All basic cutters in a port available for “purchase” have one build. Sometimes that build is a light but fast wood. If you’re grinding or doing missions, it helps to have a heavy build instead.

First, if you can’t afford them, ask in your nation for someone to give you or sell you really cheap 6lb cannons to replace the basic 4lb. Equip the basic cutter.

If you don’t like the build of the available cutter, sail to another port and check the build of those cutters. If better, move cannons to warehouse, “sell” the original cutter, get a new one, put the cannons back on. 

1 hour ago, Flash Jack said:

Lol 😂😂😂

Most veterans have no trouble what so ever fighting the requin and you always manage to insert DLC into every post.

@reiser this game will always have  players that struggle.

As other new players have already said on this thread, you need to apply yourself a bit and even then some players will find Naval Action a bit hard.

All games are like this.

In the game description it does explain that this tough game. I like it that way.

The peace server is there for a reason.

Are you the defender of Le Troll?

WTF “most veterans have no trouble...” thing ? Do you have problems understanding basic stuff? What has veterans to do with the subject ? We are talking about progression of new players around capitol or better non-progression.

@admin can tell how many players ( mostly low rank ) getting farmed by one particular ship around KPR. Guess which ship is that? Hint: DLC ship.

5 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

@admin can tell how many players ( mostly low rank ) getting farmed by one particular ship around KPR. Guess which ship is that? Hint: DLC ship.

If you are really talking about Le Requin - then you are trolling.. or i have no idea what are you talking about
Le Requin cannot even catch the trader brig at 180. Any rookie square rigger can escape Le Requin with ease.
Perhaps you should teach players to use 2 game systems to escape from any vessel

• defensive tag
  • wind polars
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, admin said:
  • 1 - Why cant a player learn to get close? Is there something blocking him from learning that? 
  • 2 - basic cutter allows you to ignore wind as you tack at 6 knots (are we talking about 7th and 6th rates still? Installing cheap basic mods also will make you a PVE Beast. For example installing 12lb carrons and reload mods on 7th rates or 32 lb carronades on some 6th rates. 
  • 3. why cant a player learn to keep some distance or install some boarding mods after losing a couple of times?

We are not going to  "decrease accuracy for 6th 7th rate mission" because those bots are already missing half the shots.
To me what are you offering is to change all bots to stationary hulls with loot in all PVE encounters because some players do not want to learn the game systems. 

This is a hard(er) game for those who enjoy a challenge. It is no longer designed by the committee. Thanks @Macjimm for the nice reference. 

1 ) some hints on battle screen of new players will not hurt. “Learn to get close, to d more damage”

2 ) what about a tip on your number two suggestion.

3 ) Another tip. “If you can not win boarding game, do not get boarded, stay away from boarding danger. Do not let your speed drop below 3,5 knots when close to enemy ai with more crew.”

Le Req hunter will crash into noob, break his bowspirit, rigging shock him, turn him into wind, board and win in 2-3 rounds :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Le Req hunter will crash into noob, break his bowspirit, rigging shock him, turn him into wind, board and win in 2-3 rounds :) 

I am sorry but this is a War server - PvP server. They join War server to PVP. You do not join pvp servers if you dont like pvp. 

Noobs will learn to escape with time. Le requin is extremely bad at 180. Dont get tagged improperly by attacking first (pvp) and escape at 180. Easy concept to learn and easy concept to master. 

Brave veterans should know - most new players do not read forums - brave veterans should defend their capitals from those raiders instead of advocating for automated newbie protections. Maybe this is that "pvp" everyone asks for on the PVP server ;) 

15 minutes ago, admin said:

If you are really talking about Le Requin - then you are trolling.. or i have no idea what are you talking about
Le Requin cannot even catch the trader brig at 180. Any rookie square rigger can escape Le Requin with ease.
Perhaps you should teach players to use 2 game systems to escape from any vessel

• defensive tag
  • wind polars

First you can delete my posts, I do not wanna harm the original post and subject.

Now I think you do not know what I mean.

I talk about reinforcement zone. Let me tell you,

a noob gets tagged in green zone by one Le requin. Other le troll, or le trolls, positional join the battle after initial tag.

they will spawn next to and infront of the victim.

They will kill him in no time.How? carros close range chain = rigging shock = victim is dead / break bow spirit = victim is dead / bigger targets = just chain board = dead 

I know WHAT I AM TALKING about...

Edit: I did enough defence around Jamaica, no real Brit pvp player will join a le req battle, they know it is a waste of time.Yet I joined many to save many, only reward saving noobs, sometimes losing my ship. Most pvp players will join any battle exluding only that ship. Capt.Reverse/Palatinose/Alucard etc will confirm as well as Master Le Req guy Lici.

Edited by AeRoTR

13 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

I talk about reinforcement zone. Let me tell you,

a noob gets tagged in green zone by one Le requin. Other le troll, or le trolls, positional join the battle after initial tag.

Positional entry only exists in missions and hostility missions that are outside safe zones (to stop people from hiding)
Missions in reinforcement zones (if the swords are in safe area) close immediately on start
If a new player wants to escape the LRQ he should attack first - placing the LRQ between him and the wind -  then he can control the wind angle and escape with ease. 

Positional entry to battles does not exist in open world attacks. 
Can you make me a video of the positional entry of the second enemy ship after the initial tag in the GREEN ZONE? because it should not happen. 

Oh my oh my, something big is happenning now.

What I told you is happening for a long time, one main problem of greenzones. I am very suprised by your answer @admin. This is one big reason how safezones are not safe. Most guys will laugh at le req out of safezone, you are absolutly right. But in safe zone Herc pack needs to damage armour, to kill enemy, mostly they can not board, so defence team will come. But 2 le req and 1 herc team or 2 and more le req., can kill noobs very quickly in safezone, they will finish before anyone joins. They positional join after initial tag, board, sink quick, run away quick.

I am away from home, I will put a video when I return. I am sure people can flood you with these videos before I return.

@Licinio Chiavari the Master Le Req captain, can you inform admin about the subject :) I bet you even have videos from some hundred kills around KPR. “ positional join as hunter team in green zone, How to end battle quick.”

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

btw all

When we say - peace server is great for those who like calm - we actually mean it  - for us it does not matter which server you are playing on - we love you on all servers.  We stopped treating Peace server as a secondary server as we have witnessed how players play there and saw how they really enjoy themselves on that server.

Its really calm, tranquil, friendly, helpful and relaxing. You can log off when your baby is crying, or wife is calling and never worry about your cargo. You can sail and fish afk if you need to go away from the computer. You dont need to worry about crafting as you can capture any ship you see. Nobody is cursing or abusing each other. 

People underestimate the calmness and healing effects of the Peace server (formerly known as PVE only - which was a bad name)

We are adding tooltips to server selections so players starting characters can make the right choice. And this choice is really flexible. - Final exam gives you a permanent M&C rank for your steam account - so if you decide to try War server - you will come ready to sail a frigate. 

@admin  This is the best post I have seen you put up in a very looooooooong time.  A sincere thank you for this long-awaited and reassuring post!  :)  Just saying that you are not treating the peace server as secondary is a very good and encouraging thing.  Thanks.  And I agree with you on the atmosphere, as I am sure that most of the peace server players do.

HealingGarden.jpg

Peace Server - The Healing Garden

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You get raped every time you leave your Capitol, yet you continue to operate from your capitol...….hmmm

You have great reading skills... you missed the fact that I can’t leave my capital without getting Le Raped.

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Are you acknowledging that camping capital zones is rape? Good then we can continue the discussion to something more productive, like how to get the hunters out of capitals and hunting elsewhere.

Players of a nation have every right to operate at their capital, you as a hunter have no business hitting noobs logging in for the first time.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

Obviously you all (admin included) miss the many points I was trying to make. I’m playing on PVE server now because I’m not welcome on the PVP server, fine whatever, way to welcome back players.

i’m trying really hard to be civil but everyone’s posts do not add to the discussion.

i’m a captain on PVP server. When I came back all I had was a T brig. I left port only to lose my ship immediately to Le Requin squad. @admin says I can outrun them at 180, yet I was destroyed while running at 180. They turned me into the wind, boarded, one volley and I was 0 crewed. What the hello kitty is the point of suggestion section of the forums if everyone is just going to tell you to hello kitty off and play PVE?

this is why your steam rating is shit and this is why people complain about this game endlessly on other mediums. This game was really good at the beginning because people actually cared, I remember I did, and helped kick people out of the capital area of KPR but now I play US.

when I came back (after the UI update) I had nothing. I did a mission or two only to lose, then to get out of my capital (where there’s the only 7tier missions) where I run into DLC fleet. @admin says I should be able to outrun, which I haven’t seen nor could do myself, at 180 full sail.

I’m OK with ganking, I love PVP, but you have to let players OUT!!! I can’t leave my capital without getting Le Raped.

i used to have so much fun in PVP server but if this is your normal than any new player will just quit as they can’t get out of their capital to complete their first mission without it being camped.

I don’t need lessons on how to play (I am rusty but I’ve had no problems sinking ships in PVE). There’s just too much hardcore right off the bat that makes vets such as myself start to hate the game.

i also find it accurate that those with high post counts say “that’s what it is” while people with lower post counts agree with a few of my points. It just goes to show how disconnected dev is from reality.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Positional entry only exists in missions and hostility missions that are outside safe zones (to stop people from hiding)
Missions in reinforcement zones (if the swords are in safe area) close immediately on start
If a new player wants to escape the LRQ he should attack first - placing the LRQ between him and the wind -  then he can control the wind angle and escape with ease. 

Positional entry to battles does not exist in open world attacks. 
Can you make me a video of the positional entry of the second enemy ship after the initial tag in the GREEN ZONE? because it should not happen. 

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!? its been this mechanic since you introduced reinforcement zones 0.o. OK no joke, I have to make a list of every mechanic in the game and ask if its how it supposed to work that way because you guys speaking in codes about everything obviously makes it hard to give correct feedback

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, reiser said:

Obviously you all (admin included) miss the many points I was trying to make. I’m playing on PVE server now because I’m not welcome on the PVP server, fine whatever, way to welcome back players.

i’m trying really hard to be civil but everyone’s posts do not add to the discussion.

i’m a captain on PVP server. When I came back all I had was a T brig. I left port only to lose my ship immediately to Le Requin squad. @admin says I can outrun them at 180, yet I was destroyed while running at 180. They turned me into the wind, boarded, one volley and I was 0 crewed. What the hello kitty is the point of suggestion section of the forums if everyone is just going to tell you to hello kitty off and play PVE?

this is why your steam rating is shit and this is why people complain about this game endlessly on other mediums. This game was really good at the beginning because people actually cared, I remember I did, and helped kick people out of the capital area of KPR but now I play US.

when I came back (after the UI update) I had nothing. I did a mission or two only to lose, then to get out of my capital (where there’s the only 7tier missions) where I run into DLC fleet. @admin says I should be able to outrun, which I haven’t seen nor could do myself, at 180 full sail.

I’m OK with ganking, I love PVP, but you have to let players OUT!!! I can’t leave my capital without getting Le Raped.

i used to have so much fun in PVP server but if this is your normal than any new player will just quit as they can’t get out of their capital to complete their first mission without it being camped.

I don’t need lessons on how to play (I am rusty but I’ve had no problems sinking ships in PVE). There’s just too much hardcore right off the bat that makes vets such as myself start to hate the game.

i also find it accurate that those with high post counts say “that’s what it is” while people with lower post counts agree with a few of my points. It just goes to show how disconnected dev is from reality.

Ok. As long as you’re happy. There were some legitimate suggestions in this thread on how you could get going. You (at least in this thread) did not respond if you’ve tried any of them.

To sum up: getting established on the PVP server is not easy. But it’s possible. You can even get more assistance than you can handle but PVE server might fit you better right now. I’d encourage you, if you do indeed “like” PVP to give it a go in a few weeks after you’re more familiar with changes since you last played. 

PVE server is a waste of time.  You will plateau in a month doing the same PVE things you can do on the PVP server.  If you want to make progress the only thing that matters is joining a clan of the proper fit on the PVP server.  ...but with a dwindling population that's easier said than done...

1 hour ago, Barbancourt said:

PVE server is a waste of time. 

No it isn't. Stop treating it as second class asylum. Number of people are indeed happy there. And it is wise of Admin to acknowledge their (our) right of existence there, finally. I read that with pleasure, after someone on PvE pointed at it.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 3

@admin

Речь идет о том (давно уже кстати), что в боях в открытом море подкрепление заходит на точке подкрепления, далеко от только что начавшегося боя. Кругов подкрепления два. В реинфорсе круг *один*. При должном опыте и корректировке изнутри боя свой подкреп можно так завести в бой, что он буквально падает на лицо противнику. Может сразу отдать залп если есть preparation в перках, может отсечь пути отступления/кайта. Вам выше человек пишет про то, что даже если он сделает разделение за счет защитного тага, то второй атакующий заходит ему непосредственно под борт. Или даже на нос.

При боях в реинфорсе с тагом со стороны хозяев зоны только их плохое знание механики спасает малочисленную группу желающих подраться в меньшинстве в чужом реинфорсе. А так можно океанчик другой завести под борт запросто.

3 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

No it isn't. Stop treating it as second class asylum. Number of people are indeed happy there. And it is wise of Admin to acknowledge their (our) right of existence there, finally. I read that with pleasure, after someone on PvE pointed at it.

I'm not treating it as "second class", but just pointing out that progress will plateau there very quickly since the AI does the same silly stuff every time. We need something that falls in between the extremes, allowing some transition.

11 hours ago, admin said:

I am not playing as much as before and not too many new players. I can be wrong in this.

1. They can learn but it may need time to understand that from how far they can shoot. You may think you are bad when bot hits 50% and you miss all. Eventually they sure learn to get closer, at least when someone tells to them that they are too far.

2. They get focused at aiming that don't look where they sail, don't understand they sailed their ship directly upwind. New physics help here as they will eventually reverse. Cannot remember was there a tacking tutorial, if not, I don't think it could harm anyone. They will be eventually also in 5th rates.

3. They can learn. I would make it easier for new players.

Most games are easy when you start and get hard step by step. You could even make capital only mission type for new players, not so good rewards but easier.

New players are not stupid or bad they just don't know yet how to play. Someone may ask why my cannons fire from stern to bow and not from bow to stern. You understand what I mean?

The enemies outside Charleston:

There are guys here saying that the gear does not matter. I really don't know how anyone can think this. New players and more experienced ones struggling to understand how important it is. Think about Vanilla WoW. You made a twink level 19 for battlegrounds. You had the gear advantage but it was easy for the rest to do the same if they wanted. In Naval Action, we can make level 19 twinks with the best level 60 gear.

You created a game where old players with gear gank new players who hardly know how to play? stationary hulls with loot?

Off topic, my bad:

All changes you do are always good for gankers? I really don't know why you do this. You love ganking, a game you would love to play yourself, a gankbox? It is hard to sometimes like your new ideas because there is always a bit more for gankers. It seems like that every new feature you create, you seem to make sure it provides slightly more for gankers.

You told once or twice there will be upgrade balancing and the more realistic sailing profiles back for better ship balance? Make this to support competitive PvP and you can't fail.