Game-Labs Forum

Ship stuck at sea - 0 kts.

Byng_Byng_Byng

My snow is currently stuck in the waters between the Western pincers of Hispanola (PvE Server). For the past two or three days, raising sails does not move the ship.

1. I am not in irons. (I have a sailboat in real life, so I am acquainted with the mechanics of sailing.)

2. I am not in shoal water.

3.  The Overload symbol on the upper left of the screen is active. Yet the ship is not overloaded. It had 87 weight out of a possible 237 and used 4 of 16 slots. Everything but the cannons have been jettisoned, leaving a weight of 39 out of 237.

4. Prior to this happening, I had captured a trading brig. This being my first capture, I might have done everything wrong with regards to the mechanics. I tried to move cargo to my ship, which did not seem to work. I sent crew over to the brig, but didn't get a check box to send it to a destination. All probably noob mistakes. In any case, I left the battle, and then immediately, the  game. The following morning I had this problem.

5. After trying various things, I noticed that I only had 40 crew left. I don't know if that was enough to sail the ship. In the Fleet box I replenished back up to 117. Is that possible while at sea? Could the captured traders brig be part of my fleet without my knowledge?

While it would be nice to solve this problem, I would be perfectly happy with opening the sea cocks on the snow and sinking her, assuming I would be able to start anew with one of my other ships in an outpost. Sure it would mean losing a ship, but I have already lost three days of crafting hours because of this issue.

Any thoughts would be welcome provide you realize that I am not in irons, nor am I in shoal water. Really. I've checked. 

Thanks,

Byng_Byng_Byng      (named after the admiral who Voltaire said "provided an example for the others." By being shot.

The overloaded symbol sounds like the issue, but you said you're only weighed down 87 tonnes.  If @Ink could weigh in, that'd be very helpful.  Please also F11 it - the bug report will automatically be copied to your clipboard, so if you could post that here too, that'd be useful as well.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help, everyone. Problem resolved. I did in fact have a captured Trader Brig in fleet with me. Too noobish to know about the slider under the ship graphic.

Anolytic posted this:

Press F while at sea, and under the picture of your ship on the right, move the scroll bar to the right to see if you have any fleets with you. 

Which was the information I was lacking.  Very pleased that no one suggested I was in irons or aground.

Byng_Byng_Byng

• Like 2