Game-Labs Forum

Please add a functionality to sort clanlists

Hello Gents,

probably every clan leader and diplomat knows what exactly I am talking about. Searching through the list of clans in you nation, looking to find a newer clan to add to the friendlist but not findeng them because the list is not correctly sorted. Sorting of a list that is stored serverside from a client is probably not easy to implement. My suggestion for a workaround is adding a sorting routine for every nations clan list, that gets executed once everytime the server restarts. So any clan created before the last maintenance window would be in order. Seeing as this is one of the last remaining parts of the legacy UI I thought now could be a good point in time to make this suggestion.

Exemplary screenshot of the problem:

image.png.43404a513905707dace00b9bb979356d.png

Now noone in their right mind would search for a clan called WAVE at the beginning of the list. People will use the scrollbar to get to the end fast and search from there, resulting in 20 minutes of scrolling to find it.

Cheers,

Tom

image.png

Edited by Tom Farseer
wrong picture
  • Like 7

While it was put in alpha order at one time, the merg though messed that up.  It needs a sort button for.  When the game goes live we also need to wipe all clans to get some of the dead ones off that list.  If they want to.   Just no need to tie up clan tags that aren't needed.   

To be honest the clan UI stuff needs a lot of updating, but I take it this will maybe get updated later on

This isn't about Zerg or not Zerg^^
Half of those Clans are probably either made by Econ-Alts for more warehouse space or dead clans who where created by people who are now inactive. I'd hardly count those as part of a zerg swarm. But as we cannot get rid of those problems that easily a sorting function would at least remedy some of the symptoms.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

Yeah, how about no.  

Very simple.  Just implement what @Sir Texas Sir says here in this post.  He has a winning idea.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:29 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin I know I brought this up before when the final release wipe happens. An we hav clan tags wiped too? I know folks want there tags and all but a lot of clan tags are held by dead clans.  You could handles this by given out a clan token.  So you can trade it in and open a clan up getting the active tags in place for the long running clans.  The inactive players will have to pick from what is left.  The token can have a one week expiration to it so it can’t be used months later to open up a clan.

this will help big clans get set up fast when the game goes live to help support new and returning players and clean clan list of old clans not around any more.

15 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Very simple.  Just implement what @Sir Texas Sir says here in this post.  He has a winning idea.

That's actually a bad idea and here's why.  You have clan members who go on sabaticals from the game and return periodically to sail.  With having 250 slots for clan membership there is certainly plenty of room (at least in my clan) for folks such as these.  Let's say a guy takes time off for 2 months and you wipe my clan tag, I"m going to lose that guy from my roster and we all know its harder to get a clan tag on someone with differing schedules and what not.  I don't want to have to chase around my members to get their tags back on after such a wipe.

2 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

That's actually a bad idea and here's why.  You have clan members who go on sabaticals from the game and return periodically to sail.  With having 250 slots for clan membership there is certainly plenty of room (at least in my clan) for folks such as these.  Let's say a guy takes time off for 2 months and you wipe my clan tag, I"m going to lose that guy from my roster and we all know its harder to get a clan tag on someone with differing schedules and what not.  I don't want to have to chase around my members to get their tags back on after such a wipe.

No, it's a 1-time thing.  Only at game launch.  If you're taking a 2-month leave of absence during the game launch then you clearly don't want your clan tag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

No, it's a 1-time thing.  Only at game launch.  If you're taking a 2-month leave of absence during the game launch then you clearly don't want your clan tag.

I'm also kinda bias cause when we merged servers EU's got to keep there clan tags an GLOBAL players had to make new clans.  It wasn't exactly fair.  Also the wipe happen they didn't wipe clans.  Many stayed on one server or the other cause a clan was still there instead of moving.  If we are going to do a clean slate new beginning lets have one.

As you said if they been idle for months than they aren't active and you need a new clean slate.  Not to mention it will give true numbers of active players of that clan at the start of the game release.  I know clans with 200+ players, but hardly 5 of them log in any more.  Would that be a true number of clan size on day one when you have 5 active members (prob half them one guys alt) but listed as having 200+ members? No it won't be so it needs to be a clean slate.

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Would that be a true number of clan size on day one when you have 5 active members (prob half them one guys alt) but listed as having 200+ members? No it won't be so it needs to be a clean slate.

That's making plenty of assumptions and decisions for others including management of what is not yours to manage.  If I want a mix of active/inactive rosters that's up to me not the game or specifically you to decide.  Members of clan are there because they have shared interests and are volunteering their own time to be in it, which if they need to take time off to stay fresh and keep coming back that's their choice.  They're certainly not inactive in the sense you put it, i.e. never coming back.  

Clan tax that clan leaders set for their clan that goes into the warehouse that can't be picked by officers but you need permission every time you use it.
Money goes into the clan (as long as there's active members in it), tax is paid
No active leader=no active member (what eventually happens to dead clans) and the clan goes down, notifying the leader.

If you don't do this good clan tags will remain taken by people who you can presume have no interest in the game to quit outright, not even passing on leadership to an officer.

4 hours ago, Hemp Amore said:

That's making plenty of assumptions and decisions for others including management of what is not yours to manage.  If I want a mix of active/inactive rosters that's up to me not the game or specifically you to decide.  Members of clan are there because they have shared interests and are volunteering their own time to be in it, which if they need to take time off to stay fresh and keep coming back that's their choice.  They're certainly not inactive in the sense you put it, i.e. never coming back.  

We have a clan leader board that shows top ten clans.  This will need to have fresh active info.  This info will be given to new players.  We don’t need bloated info of dead clans and afk friends or alts to confuse them.  Every thing should be wiped upon release.  Clean slate start over no mater what you or I think.  If they are active you can just add them back to the clan or one of your officers it’s not that hard.

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

Clan tax that clan leaders set for their clan that goes into the warehouse that can't be picked by officers but you need permission every time you use it.
Money goes into the clan (as long as there's active members in it), tax is paid
No active leader=no active member (what eventually happens to dead clans) and the clan goes down, notifying the leader.

If you don't do this good clan tags will remain taken by people who you can presume have no interest in the game to quit outright, not even passing on leadership to an officer.

Yah we brought up clan tax of say 0-50% of earnings from kills and missions.  Say I set my clan to 10% every mission you do we get 10% of the silver you earn.  This would only be PVP and open worked fights/missions.  I wouldn’t have it include the mission pay outs you have to go back into port to redeem.

we also need a few more levels of officers.  Jr Officers can get things out of clan warehouse but can not touch the bank.  Treasury position can only touch bank.  Recruiters can add new clan members but can pull from warehouse or bank.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

We have a clan leader board that shows top ten clans.  This will need to have fresh active info.  This info will be given to new players.  We don’t need bloated info of dead clans and afk friends or alts to confuse them.  Every thing should be wiped upon release.  Clean slate start over no mater what you or I think.  If they are active you can just add them back to the clan or one of your officers it’s not that hard.

Yah we brought up clan tax of say 0-50% of earnings from kills and missions.  Say I set my clan to 10% every mission you do we get 10% of the silver you earn.  This would only be PVP and open worked fights/missions.  I wouldn’t have it include the mission pay outs you have to go back into port to redeem.

we also need a few more levels of officers.  Jr Officers can get things out of clan warehouse but can not touch the bank.  Treasury position can only touch bank.  Recruiters can add new clan members but can pull from warehouse or bank.

This is great and worthy of it's own suggestion @admin