Game-Labs Forum
Kloothommel

Oak and Iron kickstarter

Keep in mind that Warlord Games also advanced that Black Seas is planned for October this year 😮 

That's naval autumn it seems. The niche of the niches even, age of sail.

Oak and Iron is delayed until December. Not unusual for a Kickstarter project of course. 😕

Just in time for Christmas then :) 

Black Seas, Warlord games, is planned for October.

So all in all seems a good end year for age of sail tabletop, and I must say that after watching and hearing the ideas they have for the models, including the individualization of stern carvings and bow figures so we can change the looks, i'm very much interested ( ruleset is based on Cruel Seas ). Scale is different though and time frame as well. Must say i'm more inclined towards Oak&Iron as the buccaneer era has more appeal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

So all in all seems a good end year for age of sail tabletop, and I must say that after watching and hearing the ideas they have for the models, including the individualization of stern carvings and bow figures so we can change the looks, i'm very much interested ( ruleset is based on Cruel Seas ).

Some historical land battle tabletops are being adapted for video games, such as Field of Glory or Pike and Shot (not to mention Mare nostrvm). Hoping, some day, such Age of sail tabletop will be too (not to mention combined battles (sea + land))- ! Nice to play such game either against AI or against players around the world.

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

(...) as the buccaneer era has more appeal.

I too think so 😉

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

Yes. FoGII and now Empires takes a chunk of my hobby time :) 

Regarding age of sail you can always use tabletop simulator and play with people from all over. I know a couple buddies and me ran a few sessions of TTS using Fighting Sail ruleset. Good fun.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:45 PM, LeBoiteux said:

looking forward to a FoGII "16-18th century" (that is a Pike&Shot II)  🙂

Not forgetting that we still need the later middle ages FOGII, there are also rumors of a possible FOGN version (Napoleonics). 

1 hour ago, DeRuyter said:

Not forgetting that we still need the later middle ages FOGII, there are also rumors of a possible FOGN version (Napoleonics). 

the later middle ages FOGII will certainly come 'soon'

When devs were asked on the forums (last June), FOGII 1500-1700 got a "perhaps after FOGII' and FOGN a 'not currently planned'...

I for one prefer the 17th century over the 19th.

Edited by LeBoiteux

23 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

the later middle ages FOGII will certainly come 'soon'

When devs were asked on the forums (last June), FOGII 1500-1700 got a "perhaps after FOGII' and FOGN a 'not currently planned'...

I for one prefer the 17th century over the 19th.

Maybe I am confusing Ultimate General Napoleon then. I agree though that a P&S rework would be nice. I always felt that the TT FOGR actually worked better than the ancients version. 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:26 AM, LeBoiteux said:

Have I already mentioned I'd dream of a video game version of it ?

(I  have  😁)

You need to start a new hobby - painting miniature ships! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeRuyter said:

You need to start a new hobby - painting miniature ships! 

Actually I've just started one about land battles (you know, when French tacticians for the Artillery actually also used the word 'brigade'... but that's another story 😉)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

Actually I've just started one about land battles (you know, when French tacticians for the Artillery actually also used the word 'brigade'... but that's another story 😉)

👍