Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kloothommel

Oak and Iron kickstarter

10 hours ago, Christendom said:

Wish I could grow a beard like that dudes.....

Dammit! Now imma send di... beardpics to you.

I'm really keen to buy it. 
Actually on the x2 setting, so I get all the ships x2

However not sure will I find an opponent - especially if game will never really reach Poland

Refreshing. Nothing like a nice Saturday around the table boasting face to face.

Seen Blood & Plunder played live and is really great. For a good Campaign Master, linking both would be really great - going through the naval engagement and then commanding the entire crew ashore ( invasion, raid, etc )

8 hours ago, jodgi said:

Dammit! Now imma send di... beardpics to you.

I'm only capable of growing what I like to call.....the Martin Van Buren

197E6383-24D3-45D0-AF1F-4497D34A9CC4_cx0

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OjK said:

However not sure will I find an opponent - especially if game will never really reach Poland

Play a match with your Co-Pilot while on cruise altitude.

Or ask @Polish Privateer.

40 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I'm only capable of growing what I like to call.....the Martin Van Buren

Loool! I've often wondered about that particular fashion in beards. My thinking is it was started by some very practical man who was tired of smelling yesterday's dinner off his chin beard. Someone: "It's cool to rock a big beard but I eat like a slob and that sucks!". Our guy: "Hold my beer, I know just the thing..."

We've had our own; Henrik Ibsen (Playwright; Dollhouse, Peer Gynt)

He started out smashing.

ibsen.jpg

He must've met Van Buren at some point.

edit

Arright, @Christendom, I just took a beard selfie for you...

137bedf34ed103e6a1f146766535ecd2.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Refreshing. Nothing like a nice Saturday around the table boasting face to face.

Seen Blood & Plunder played live and is really great. For a good Campaign Master, linking both would be really great - going through the naval engagement and then commanding the entire crew ashore ( invasion, raid, etc )

I watched this demoed at a games convention this past weekend. I was at the Firelock games booth buying the Dutch faction box for Blood & Plunder at the time! Sadly no time to play myself as I had my own games to run. I talked to Mike, the gent with the beard that has captivated everyone's attention. They are well read on the period - 17th century mostly prior to the NA time line and into the beginning, think Ingermanland and Wappen as the newest ships in the time line. They do have a tie in to B&P for a campaign type game as well. 

Unlike most KS they have set a realistic time frame to get the game out to backers which is welcome (next October). I am in on this one. They have a nice gameplay video on the Beasts of War channel. Of course all this painting miniatures and playing live does limit my NA time...... 

• Like 2