Game-Labs Forum
Kloothommel

Oak and Iron kickstarter

10 hours ago, Christendom said:

Wish I could grow a beard like that dudes.....

Dammit! Now imma send di... beardpics to you.

I'm really keen to buy it. 
Actually on the x2 setting, so I get all the ships x2

However not sure will I find an opponent - especially if game will never really reach Poland

Refreshing. Nothing like a nice Saturday around the table boasting face to face.

Seen Blood & Plunder played live and is really great. For a good Campaign Master, linking both would be really great - going through the naval engagement and then commanding the entire crew ashore ( invasion, raid, etc )

8 hours ago, jodgi said:

Dammit! Now imma send di... beardpics to you.

I'm only capable of growing what I like to call.....the Martin Van Buren

197E6383-24D3-45D0-AF1F-4497D34A9CC4_cx0

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OjK said:

However not sure will I find an opponent - especially if game will never really reach Poland

Play a match with your Co-Pilot while on cruise altitude.

Or ask @Polish Privateer.

40 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I'm only capable of growing what I like to call.....the Martin Van Buren

Loool! I've often wondered about that particular fashion in beards. My thinking is it was started by some very practical man who was tired of smelling yesterday's dinner off his chin beard. Someone: "It's cool to rock a big beard but I eat like a slob and that sucks!". Our guy: "Hold my beer, I know just the thing..."

We've had our own; Henrik Ibsen (Playwright; Dollhouse, Peer Gynt)

He started out smashing.

ibsen.jpg

He must've met Van Buren at some point.

edit

Arright, @Christendom, I just took a beard selfie for you...

137bedf34ed103e6a1f146766535ecd2.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Refreshing. Nothing like a nice Saturday around the table boasting face to face.

Seen Blood & Plunder played live and is really great. For a good Campaign Master, linking both would be really great - going through the naval engagement and then commanding the entire crew ashore ( invasion, raid, etc )

I watched this demoed at a games convention this past weekend. I was at the Firelock games booth buying the Dutch faction box for Blood & Plunder at the time! Sadly no time to play myself as I had my own games to run. I talked to Mike, the gent with the beard that has captivated everyone's attention. They are well read on the period - 17th century mostly prior to the NA time line and into the beginning, think Ingermanland and Wappen as the newest ships in the time line. They do have a tie in to B&P for a campaign type game as well. 

Unlike most KS they have set a realistic time frame to get the game out to backers which is welcome (next October). I am in on this one. They have a nice gameplay video on the Beasts of War channel. Of course all this painting miniatures and playing live does limit my NA time...... 

• Like 2

Will wait until it arrives at the EU stores :)

Really enjoy the pace and how they abstracted some of the "real life" situation into the ruleset, the Fatigue especially.

There are tidbits i dislike ( like the extreme angles of gunnery ), but overall they don't distract from the excellent feeling of the game.

Impossible to not compare to others, but i'd say this doesn't replace them but rather complements the true lack of minifig age of sail rules and 1/600 is a excellent scale as there's quite a few good suppliers of minis.

Scratch that, late pledges shipping costs are next to nothing. Could not help myself... the empress was less than amused but had to accept the kid inside always wins :D 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:07 AM, Chevalier du Ethuville said:

Scratch that, late pledges shipping costs are next to nothing. Could not help myself... the empress was less than amused but had to accept the kid inside always wins :D 

Debating which additional ships to get or just to go to Captain pledge!  Definitely need more privateers and maybe the Men of War for the Spanish revenge fleet! Not interested in lineships for this game, but Captain pledge does get Blackbeard's ships included....

With the Captain level you have quite a setup already :) that was a good choice I must say. I hope they plan more Named packs, and not only limited to Blackbeard one.

My own plans aim to get one Gentlemen of Fortune to expand from the Core Basic, was my late pledge , after i have them all setup and running. It will add nice diversity with the light frigate and additional corvette and the sloop.

• Like 1

Came across Warlord Games also working on a age of sail line. Warlord line of minis are good so quite interesting to see what they come up with for this age of wooden ships :) 

Salute-3.jpg

( photo from Salute2019 con  http://www.warlordgames.com/frontline-report-warlord-games-salute-2019/ )

http://www.warlordgames.com/frequently-asked-questions-black-seas/

According to them it kind of hits the shelves around the same time the first Oak&Iron pledges start shipping

On 5/4/2019 at 6:30 AM, Hethwill said:

Attacker gave up the gauge.

Disliked video. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Doran said:

Attacker gave up the gauge.

Disliked video. 

Had no books nor mods to overcome that fact of battle at sea... :P 

Posted (edited)

are we going to see the sea map that is going come with the KS?  One more question, is the island really that thin piece of paper or will it be a thicker board that comes in the box?

UC Browser SHAREit MX Player

Edited by avensis

I don't think the battle mat comes in.

I wouldn't mind but the packages images and the descriptions do not mention nor show it.

2 hours ago, avensis said:

are we going to see the sea map that is going come with the KS?  One more question, is the island really that thin piece of paper or will it be a thicker board that comes in the box?

The KS does say "punch board" terrain so I would imagine the island will be thicker cardboard. The sea mat is going to be more paper like from what I understand. I would get a proper mat anyway, either mouse pad style or cloth.