Game-Labs Forum

Basic cutters in patrol zone

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Shallows. Bahamas. Go to where the ships are. Find the trader choke points.  That's all.   

Sorry, did I say disparity, I mean “discriminatory” against any nation that doesn’t border the Bahamas.

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I didn't say a word about trading, only capturing AI traders.  I feel like your reading comprehension is really holding you back.

Perhaps It is your self centered nature holding you back, I don't know. But I've read from plenty of people here that complain hunting for AI traders feel like a complete waste of time, after going after 10 or 15 of them in a day. You're talking about doing a lot of things everyday for something that is a daily event. Maybe other players have lifes outside of Naval Action? Maybe that's not the case for you?

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What part of, "Go to where the ships are," is hard to understand?  Shroud Cay exists as a free town for a reason.

Can’t you see one of things that has happen, create a kill zone you have, a shallow kill zone, 7th and 6th rates.

BUT this is what "new players sail", 7th and 6th rates.

So in effect, created a new player kill zone.

It should be the other way around, 4th and 3rd rate ships should be concentrated to form a commodore and admiral kill zone.

I still fail to see how all these AI capped ships and crafted ships are supposed to make it to each patrol zone. Unless you're saying players should just use one ship per day in the event and call it quits after they lose one ship.

@Wraith I did get over argumentative and I apologize. I tend to over debate, probably comes from being in debate club for 5 years. 

Edited by Draymoor

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

What part of, "Go to where the ships are," is hard to understand?  Shroud Cay exists as a free town for a reason.

🙄

Shroud Cay is far from most people's nations, and there's nothing much there except Hercules and gankfest. 

2 hours ago, Aster said:

As has been said before if its to expensive for you to buy/craft a ship. Just capture one there are 5th rate AI sailing all over the place with guns already on them just cap one put reps on it and your good to go. Their is no excuse for using basic cutters in the patrol zone at the very least use the cutter to cap a ship and then use that ship.

If you can't afford to buy a ship you probably won't be able to cap the equivalent ship, LOL. 

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What's wrong with being far from your nation?

The point of joining a nation is to be part of a nation.  That means sailing out of your national capitols and saying "howdy Joe" as your fellow nationals sail by, following your fellow national peeps around the national waters to (at least in your mind) keep the riff-raff out, trying (or just hoping) to participate in the RVR in some way, starting your shipyard, delivering iron and gold to your clan warehouse, etc 

23 minutes ago, Wraith said:

from there it's easy peasey to buy any store-bought fifth rate, and then build a stable of capped fifth rates using only the skills you learn from the tutorial (chain, decrew, board, etc.).

eh, without planking the AI cleans my clock with its laser beam cannons and ballet-dance sailing manouvers.  It's much easier and safer to just sink the AI and use the cash to buy ships from the ship shop, and then you get the XP, loot drop and mission progress as well.