Game-Labs Forum

remove skill books

currently u go kill stuff to get a chance at finding skill books, yes this is a current feature but it also leaves the game a bit unbalanced

my suggestion is the removal of skill books from the game and implement fixed skills that can be applied to ships as u unlock knowledge slots, this would create  fair skills for all players, each skill would be tied to the rate of ship its being applied to, eg. reloading skill for 7th rate could be +10% to reloading, this would only apply to the 7th rate ships, but on a 6th rate it could be 8% bonus on reloading, and such that no 1 player has a significant advantage over another in just ship skills and modules.

it would give a more even battlefield since books make no sense historically or otherwise, in reality u cant read a book and instantly ur entire crew knows how this will boost their reload or penetration.  or sail handling, or increasing the speed of ones ship.

creating a balanced game is better then creating a unfair and unbalanced game.

• Like 3

I actually like this idea. It can be that it is simply too late and devs seem to like that there are reasons to grind.

This would clearly make the game a better PvP game and also help new players to get in the game.

They could also change modules so that 5th rate modules are easier to get than 1st rate. All gear including ships should be cheaper and easier to get for 5th rate nubs than for 1st rate veterans. Bring back multidura pricing curve.

I am actually against ship knowledge. It decreases ship variety. Everyone grind the best ships and the rest will be forgotten. Could be more like that you grind ship knowledge per rate and not per ship.

Having ship knowledge for ship A but not for B can be reason enough to not sail or try ship B at all. I don't think this is good for the game.

Another feature that makes it harder for new players, easier for veterans to gank.

The possibility to fit your ships with books and upgrades is a main feature of this game. It gives you the posibility to configurate the ship to fit for special situations. Your suggestion randomizes this completly and I do not like this random factor. We have enough random factors (ship trim, loot) atm.

• Like 1