Game-Labs Forum

Music and sound

Its not really something that bothers me alot to be honest but out of curiosity will there ever be music added to the game? It would be nice to listen to in the menus and port. I don't believe it would fit battles or open sea sailing. Maybe you could add conversations between sailors at sea. I bet they would have told themselves stories about the whores the banged in saint nic. It wouldn't need to be 3000 pages of dialog but maybe a short conversation every 10 min like the soldiers had in Rome 2. 

PS: Add eastereggs. UFOs and bigfoots and other shit that give me a WTF moment at 4am in the morning. Really rare encounters.  

PPS: Is it bigfoots or bigfeets @Gregory Rainsborough

• Like 7

I think most people would turn it off in battles, so as to continue to use their comms and also to hear battle sounds.  But in ports would be nice, and a login theme too.

The sailor stories idea reminds me of Sniper Elite when you binoc zoom in areas with soldiers listening to the things they are talking about.

Please, please, please allow us the option to turn the dialog, and especially music, off.

It is very irritating to hear the crew say the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over .... It's kinda cute to hear the crew whining a few times, but it becomes tedious after hearing the same words 10,000 times.

I love music but don't want someone else's music forced upon me.  I often listen to tunes while playing NA, but I don't need someone else's poor taste deciding what I am required to hear.

Music and dialog must be a option in settings, that can be turned OFF completely.  Please don't make voices and music part of the sound track.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Please, please, please allow us the option to turn the dialog, and especially music, off.

It is very irritating to hear the crew say the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over .... It's kinda cute to hear the crew whining a few times, but it becomes tedious after hearing the same words 10,000 times.

I love music but don't want someone else's music forced upon me.  I often listen to tunes while playing NA, but I don't need someone else's poor taste deciding what I am required to hear.

Music and dialog must be a option in settings, that can be turned OFF completely.  Please don't make voices and music part of the sound track.

Naval action has a problem of being a barren wasteland. It needs to feel more alive. Good Music in menus and port plus some good and funny dialog between sailors is a realistic way to improve it. I would ask for orcas, dolphins and whales too but since gamelabs is not Rockstar with a 500-800 million dollar Buget and 3000 names in credits I try to think simple :)

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2

I don't know red deads Buget but I think it would be 300 for development and 300 marketing. Maybe more. Think about it. People complain about this game taking long yet Rockstar develops their games for 5 years with 3000 people in the credits. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

While the music of the period is not under copyright, the modern performances of it is 😢

I did not know that but it makes sense :( Well to be fair you don't need the vienna philharmonic to do it. Something small scale possibly. I'm no sound expert be we can all agree music adds alot to games. 

• Like 1

It absolutely does - intuitively many of us play with music in the background for games.  I used to play the Call of Duty assault on Stalingrad to Dvorak's... 6th?  Something like that.  Felt "right."  But Game Labs would either need their own music in house, or to license it from someone else.  Voice acting scripts could be done, theoretically, by the community.  But admin himself would have to weigh in.

7 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

It absolutely does - intuitively many of us play with music in the background for games.  I used to play the Call of Duty assault on Stalingrad to Dvorak's... 6th?  Something like that.  Felt "right."  But Game Labs would either need their own music in house, or to license it from someone else.  Voice acting scripts could be done, theoretically, by the community.  But admin himself would have to weigh in.

yeah anyway I would rather more time spent on rvr and other mechanics. Just thinking out load in this thread :) 

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, Thomas Fremantle said:

Just press TAB+SHIFT and open Browser and type www.youtube.com and listen music as long you want . Or upload music in the music steam foulder and play it .

This a wonderful idea.  Music and voices should be a separate track in game, and each player allowed an option to turn them off.  Any game with music also has a configuration to turn it off, which I set immediately when installing the game.  The noise that some people enjoy is an extreme irritant to me.  Just because a song is considered art to a group of players doesn't mean others will enjoy it.  Don't force crap music on us.  

Love the idea of using YouTube to add a soundtrack to the game.  I love music, just absolutely love it, ....but I may cringe at the noise that other players want to play.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 10:25 PM, HachiRoku said:

Maybe you could add conversations between sailors at sea. I bet they would have told themselves stories about the whores the banged in saint nic

See!? This is what happens when hachi gets bored!

We had easter egg monsters, I wonder if they can still be found under the surface?...

• 2 weeks later...