Game-Labs Forum

PvE: Bring back NPC 25-ship-fleets for clans and their guests on the hunt

So I read yesterday here "PvE (peace server) is boring/stupid". Which it isn't, when you are inside and know by own experience.

One of the factors assuring this has ceased to exist with the big patch. Fleets are no longer 1+24 size (large or medium ships), now maximum we observe is 1+10.

Fun as seen in attached images.

The French Faction on PvE hereby asks devs to bring back the superlarge fleets (all others are fine) as they served so well for clans going out on the hunt together. They were inviting independents like me to participate. Now no more, as 11 is just enough to serve the clan members exclusively. I am confident the situation is similar in other nations on PvE and you from those other PvE Peace server nations are invited to express your feelings here, too, if you want 25 ship fleets back in OW.

--

Le Nerval and others also want to use other means to contact devs about this, but I think a forum suggestion post is the best way.

20181014215628_1.jpg

20181014210911_1.jpg

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 13

25 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

I play alone on both servers, so I have no interest such huge fleets.  However, I am not against seeing them reintroduced either, as long as there is a fine balance and they are not everywhere.

They used to be not so numerous. We were sure to meet them close to their capital waters, so clans scheduled a hunting at such places.

• Like 4

Hello,
I am part of the FRF clan on the PVE server. 
We have more than 150 players in this clan and I hope that you will listen to us: 
the disappearance of the fleets of 25 ships directly impacts our gameplay focused on the group game. 
Fleets of 25 were a way to gather around the same battle on weekends or even during the week to have a good time, 
to have a minimum of challenge.
Our clan regularly hunted these fleets, we can prove it by giving a large number of battle reports. 
We do not understand your choice to remove them without asking their opinion to the PVE players (again).
We ask that it be reinstated as soon as possible. Thx for reading me
Edited by TornadosBZH
  • Like 6

Greetings,

First, i'd like to thank you for the port UI you gave to us. It's really nice.
Perhaps, an option to see icons or names of resources could be nice ;) to have choice ^^

As a rear admiral with 1569 hours of playing and in Clan FRF, i must approve the message of De Cornusiac.

This last big patch killed pve group play style.  Why looking to play in group while we need doublons ?. No use to attack a trader with 3 or 4 players. It becomes farm farm and farm.
With new missions, only kills count. So why grouping ? even being in the same clan, it's a run for who will attack first the only foreign ship in the area.
Can sail 1 hour IRL without finding any ship to attack beacause all are french.

We used to play together on evening when week end came. We attacked fleets of 25 ships, whatever the number of players connected in clan. If we were 6 or 7, it was fun, if we were more, 11 or 13, we simply took lighter ships to have more fun. it was also a way to integrate in a big battle new players of the clan and show them how to manage such a fleet, listen to orders, make xp by winning assists, know better each others ....
On top of that we also used to invite others 'non-clan' players in nation chat, even more, in global chat. We sometimes invited danish players to attack swedish fleet and they wera very happy to have participated in this memorable event.

If you have a doubt of what the clan FRF did, you can always go on youtube to see these battles against 25 ships recorded by "Paulonium", our cameraman. it's a good example against rumors that say there is no challenge or risk in pve, and above all, no fun :)

Carpe Diem.

Best regards

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

Keeping in mind the goal of having people out at sea, and within the existing mission framework, what sort of missions would you gentlemen suggest that would lend itself to your group-style of play?

Please bring back fleet missions to both the PvE and PvP servers, bad loot in the ship holds but good mission rewards. Small fleets (4-6) , medium fleets (8-12), large fleets (15-20), very large fleets (30-40?).
I'm sure these gentlemen would be happy with that too. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 1

I seen a few 25 man 1st rate fleets so not sure what ya'll are talking about.  They tend to be around the capital ares.  THere are some 12 man shallow water ones too I seen.  Maybe get out and look a bit?  We use to back on global look for these fleets around enemy waters to use them to almost instant flip a port on another nation.

14 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

Please bring back fleet missions to both the PvE and PvP servers, bad loot in the ship holds but good mission rewards. Small fleets (4-6) , medium fleets (8-12), large fleets (15-20), very large fleets (30-40?).
I'm sure these gentlemen would be happy with that too. 

you have fleet misssions, the more players that join a missions the more ships it gives out.  They just combined the solo and fleet to make them the same.  Oh and if your doing a misison that has you against two ships.  Every player that joins brings two more ships.  So if you have 5 guys it will pit you against 10 ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

you have fleet misssions, the more players that join a missions the more ships it gives out.  They just combined the solo and fleet to make them the same.  Oh and if your doing a misison that has you against two ships.  Every player that joins brings two more ships.  So if you have 5 guys it will pit you against 10 ships.

yes agree with you but max players = 6    -->  12 ships max in front

I read this as people wanting PvE Content for groups that rewards doubloons and perhaps some chests too.  We have epic events, of course, but that's on the "very hard" end of content.  My understanding is that there needs to be some missions more easily approachable by groups that still has decent rewards?

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I seen a few 25 man 1st rate fleets so not sure what ya'll are talking about.  They tend to be around the capital ares.  THere are some 12 man shallow water ones too I seen.  Maybe get out and look a bit?  We use to back on global look for these fleets around enemy waters to use them to almost instant flip a port on another nation.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We all know where they were post patch 27, OP isn’t requesting for your tips.

Many players are starting to complain, "Where is the gameplay", you maybe can find it, but many can't! just following in-game chat.

Edited by Guest

@Powderhorn :

Thanks for understanding pve side.

Yes, about missions and reward, of course. It'll be more fun to group with mates if rewards are shared among group (not reals or xp which depend on damages, but the achievement of missions).

About the fleet of 25, the reward was not the goal researched in a group/clan. Such a fleet needs peoples aware, some tactic, reflex, how to help a mate who is low life and needs to be protected while repairing, or how to help a captured captain while he is boarded .... I don't remember that we looted any of these 25 ships ;)

10 ships is not the same fight when they are 25 ;)

It helped us to train new players and show them that there is not only a 1 to 1 battle in NA.

All big fleets (25) have interest for us : could they be large, medium, mixed level. We adapt, by choosing our ship rank. We ever tried someday to bring 2 traders among us and attacked the 25 ships. The mission was to protect the traders ^^.

That's the way we like to play. We found our way to have fun.

We bought outposts in Fort Baai for swedish and danish big fleets and in La Navasse for english fleet (all 25 fleet). Our week end were dedicated on finding them and enjoy this game.

Carpe Diem

Taltos aka Fred le Hardi.

20181026215417_1.jpg

20181026225229_1.jpg

Edited by Taltos
  • Like 3

I also agree that fleets should be of mixed composition. There should not be fleets of 25 1st rates, but rather balanced fleets made up of lineships, frigates, etc.

And, there should be fleets of light ships as well for players at that level.

This is one of the many reasons I also think it was a mistake to remove AI fleet missions, as their presence ensured there was always a way to participate in a large battle no matter how many real players you had, and what rank you were at.

• Like 1

So, how would something like, "While in a group of 5 players (10 players, 15, 20, 25 players), earn 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 assists or kills against X rate vessels" to get YYY doubloons, Z chest sound?

(This seems do-able with the current framework, but you'd need the group missions to spawn the same for everyone in each port, not sure if solo missions are currently that way)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Would still be better to have more freedom in a how a group chooses to approach a fleet mission, instead what you're mentioning here, which is the mission changing depending on how a group decides to approach it. If a fleet missions has 20 enemy ships, ranging from 2nd rate to 6th rate, a group might choose to tackle it with just 4 2nd rates, or they may chose to do it with 10 4th rates. But you have the freedom to chose your own challenge. The reward could adjust depending on the total BP of the group that joins the battle. 

Hello, i play on pve sever too, and currently joined FRF clan in group battle against 25 ships fleets. I am agree with their proposition for a return of these big fleet. It was a good opportunity to do a " real battle"" against IA ennemies. Thanks in advance to take in account our solicitation. 

Jean Bart