Game-Labs Forum

FPS Limit for Port Interface

ahoy,

since my pc is not the newest one, i use the fps limit option in the graphic settings. without them, my pc generates between 40 and 60 fps, but it runs on a high load and is very loud. so i limit my fps on open world and in battle to 30. that way my pc is not running on full load and is reasonable quiet. but when i enter a port, my graphics card starts screaming. because of that, i allways have to close the game now when i go afk or to windows for a while, because i dont wont my pc running on max load and make all that noise for no reason.

can you add an fps limit function like you have for open world and battle to the graphic options for the port interface?

o7

edit: my hardware:

Asus P5Q Pro Mainboard

6GB DDR 2 Ram

Core2Quad Q9650 running at 3.8Ghz

Radeon R9 200 Series with 2GB (i believe it was a 260)

Windown 7 64bit running on some standard HDD

the SSD you see there died a few years ago, the pc didnt get cleaner since then ;D oh and the graka in this picture is not the radeon i am running now

10850780_616206288491452_1452197601_n.jpg.f3b08944720fc7c41477cbf24072d398.jpg

Edited by Durin
  • Like 9

*bump*

+1

Edit: Ops, didn't see the comment by Styles which has an answer to it :

"yes. Thank you for the suggestion - we will give an option for a 2d back paint instead of the 3d port.  we will start working on it in 2 weeks - so holdon."

Edited by Liq

On 11/12/2018 at 1:30 AM, Jean Ribault said:

I'm not seeing any issues with the 3D port view.  Is this a video card limitation, or CPU?  At least haven't noticed anyway.  I'm all for having as many options as possible in each client interface, I hope these things happen.

It causes the graphics card to run at full load, causing heat and noise. Which is not so much needed, so some people requesting fps limiter or 2d port ui.

3 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

It causes the graphics card to run at full load, causing heat and noise. Which is not so much needed, so some people requesting fps limiter or 2d port ui.

OK, I'm not experiencing such things.  Systems are OP I guess.  I run all settings max on all games.

11 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Is it powered by water wheel?

every single Watt of electrical power is produced by steam-turbines or water-turbines, so yes it is powered by water wheel ;)

edit: forgot about wind and solar, but they are negligible.

Edited by Durin
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 3:04 PM, Durin said:

Core2Quad Q9650 running at 3.8Ghz

I sat on core 2 quad q9400 for 10 years 2008/2009-2018 with 9800 gt, 560 ti, 750ti. Played in all modern games. But the lack of sse4.2 kill these processors at the moment and is not enough performance more and more(

I feel you pain!

M gfx card is old and has ALOT of hours under its belt. even when its dust free and squeaky clean its hitting 95+ deg when in ports, otherwise is fine (ish)
2d background in ports would be awsome thx.

Edited by BlackAdder
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Durin said:

i dont know anything about that. so far i blamed my memory for lack of performance in other games i play (Arma 3, Space Engineers for example) 

Denuvo DRM requires sse4.2. Assassin's Creed: Origins for example. But i think the cpu is weak for that.