Game-Labs Forum
Slim McSauce

Clerk not doing it's Job to the fullest

Clerk doesn't report enemy fleets, which sneak into your territory by simply sailing along the coast and dive bombing capital waters before anyone can recognize and respond, they're gone before you even know it.

So my question is, how does clerk know when ships are being boarded in the middle of the ocean, but can't tell nation when a large attack has begun?

What reason to limit naturally occurring pvp by limiting the information that is presented to players? Are we suppose to blindly do everything ourselves or are there going to be features that support the sandbox sometime soon?

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

You already posted a thread about this? And I don't think it's a great plan, seeing how all players need to hunt AI in enemy waters.

• Like 1

It's a great idea, that's why the very original thread about this has overwhelming support. Good ideas keep being ignored when all this game needs to some life in it's world, and a bit easier access.

Biggest issue for people looking for fights is that there is "pretty much" no way to accurately inform folks where to go.

we have a delayed combat news about hostility --- which should be changed to report hostility missions being STARTED

We have combat news telling us of folks being sunk, but by the time you check it out the enemy is long gone or already in a battle and there is hello kitty all reason to wait.

Basically I'm all for mechanics or HOT spots to help inform the player base of where action or player density is happening. what we have in the game at the moment is bare bones crap that needs some serious updating to be more PVP friendly to allow players to get to the action.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

we have a delayed combat news about hostility --- which should be changed to report hostility missions being STARTED

Not so sure I agree with you here, the delay of reporting on Combat News until 25% adds an element of surprise attack to the mix that clans need to be aware of and ready to counter, at least in my humble opinion.

27 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

Not so sure I agree with you here, the delay of reporting on Combat News until 25% adds an element of surprise attack to the mix that clans need to be aware of and ready to counter, at least in my humble opinion.

lack of information for no other reason than to keep things primitive and players in the dark is not an element of gameplay that would be better if fights were staged with the knowledge to give both sided confident in what they'll be facing, whether that be location, size, or nationality of fleet.

I feel like this kind of thing is only an issue cause of the low server population. If we had a higher population you wouldn't have that many problems finding a battle or putting together a fleet to counter attack a hostility mission. 

4 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Clerk doesn't report enemy fleets, which sneak into your territory by simply sailing along the coast and dive bombing capital waters before anyone can recognize and respond, they're gone before you even know it.

So my question is, how does clerk know when ships are being boarded in the middle of the ocean, but can't tell nation when a large attack has begun?

What reason to limit naturally occurring pvp by limiting the information that is presented to players? Are we suppose to blindly do everything ourselves or are there going to be features that support the sandbox sometime soon?

The Clerk use IP over Avian Carriers.

So there are very large packet loss and delay.

image.png.6210c32486f28acd6bb7f0bfa2b67eb2.png

• Like 1