Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Polish Privateer

Demasting shallow ships

After the HP buff for shallow ships to compensate for Hercules and Requin, @admin additionally has buffed the mast HP of them all. All of that is synced (side HP to mast HP). So demasting shallow ships that got HP buffed became extremely hard. For example Demasting Tutorial it takes about x25 mast hits to demast a Rookie Brig. 25 hits would probably sink the ship by shooting its side...

• Like 5

But that's while also IN a brig, so those are tiny cannons.

In a herc it usually takes me two passes to demast a brig (because I'm terrible at demasting).

42 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

After the HP buff for shallow ships to compensate for Hercules and Requin, @admin additionally has buffed the mast HP of them all. All of that is synced (side HP to mast HP). So demasting shallow ships that got HP buffed became extremely hard. For example Demasting Tutorial it takes about x25 mast hits to demast a Rookie Brig. 25 hits would probably sink the ship by shooting its side...

25 hits in the tutorial on that range where its luck to hit the mast already ... that's a realy bad first experience for players @admin

• Like 3

I demasted a Herc with a trader Brig (6 pb mediums) the other day and it did not take me 25 hits, so not sure about the numbers.   Though he was  a pretty bad player and I should of been way dead before I was able to do that.