Game-Labs Forum
admin

Pre-release and release wipe plans - definitive guide

29 minutes ago, John Jacob Astor said:

2) Doubloon earners need some compelling reason to sell for Reals in higher volumes then at present

This is desperately needed for the new economy to be viable. 

13 hours ago, Rouleur said:

I played Elite Dangerous from the beginning and they did not wipe after Alpha - so not universally true every game gets wiped. I have ranked every time since Sea Trials and I just think starting out again with rank, knowledge and skills would feel like punishment - the DEVS have this one right. I really doubt I would grind again but I am still happy to play.

+1

• Like 1

My opinion, wipe is really equitable decision for new players. But the question is, if it would be more players after reliese, or all players, that wants to play this game are playing now already)). And I’m against wipe. I wouldn’t like to lose my gold ships and time I spent to get them. Ok, wipe. Then compensate something (something really interesting and valuable, like gold unique ship, not blue, redeemed, like it is always, or unique module) for people were playing game in alpha, spending time in it, and testing. It would be kind of you for us, players. 

Edited by TrollUnderTheBottom

1 hour ago, TrollUnderTheBottom said:

My opinion, wipe is really equitable decision for new players. But the question is, if it would be more players after reliese, or all players, that wants to play this game are playing now already)). And I’m against wipe. I wouldn’t like to lose my gold ships and time I spent to get them. Ok, wipe. Then compensate something (something really interesting and valuable, like gold unique ship, not blue, redeemed, like it is always, or unique module) for people were playing game in alpha, spending time in it, and testing. It would be kind of you for us, players. 

All testers are getting the Pandora a rare ship

wipe, if there is no database error

wipe, if there is no massive bugs

wipe, if there is no cheating from player

wipe, we just need to release it !

wipe, we have new contents of game !

wipe......seems need no reasons

why not Nexon wipes their games in the beginning of each seasons (always new contents) ?

so, go on, wipe and say good bye ~

wipe wipe wipe wipe, oh oh oh  ~~ oh oh yeah~!

18 hours ago, Sovereign said:

+1

I think wipe doesn't need a reason, just because....ehm....maybe some players played too frequently, they caused a huge imbalance to other players, so they should "wait" others or, we all back to the start point :P 

• Like 1

one thing I can sure is players have to buy DLC ships after this wipe, cuz a part of player their can sail requin with full skills go hunt "newbies", how could they alive from this 😉

18 hours ago, Sovereign said:

+1

• Like 1

for admin , 

what happens to the pood edinorog that every player has in stock when the game is released ? I have not seen anything appropriated

20 hours ago, pike81 said:

for admin , 

what happens to the pood edinorog that every player has in stock when the game is released ? I have not seen anything appropriated

they gonna be wiped cuz not on list

• Like 1

All that really is needed is the removal of the DLC boats and bam... Day 1 onward will be glorious!

Or a second server with subscription that doesn't allow DLC ships.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Vets in Hercules & Requin will gank basic cutters so hard even without books this will not even be funny to watch..

No they won’t. Even now the safest ship to sail is a BC. 

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Dostojetski said:

All that really is needed is the removal of the DLC boats and bam... Day 1 onward will be glorious!

....rather, the server with subscription should be the one with the DLC ships.  Let those who earn their way in the game not need a subscription.  And those who get freebies every day pay for their gank arena.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2018 at 8:32 PM, Dostojetski said:

Who knows. You might get your witch fulfilled. Think they have a max on the servers. Think it is 2500. 

I for sure is going to the Dlc server. I just redeem my herc. Go for some fun. Dont need to spend time on grinding. 

Fair enough you don’t like Dlc ships. I on the other hand belive they keep players in the game and also generate fun. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, staun said:

Who knows. You might get your witch fulfilled. Think they have a max on the servers. Think it is 2500. 

I for sure is going to the Dlc server. I just redeem my herc. Go for some fun. Dont need to spend time on grinding. 

Fair enough you don’t like Dlc ships. I on the other hand belive they keep players in the game and also generate fun. 

Unlikely main issue is devs give us wrong DLC ships for test i think if we got DLC hermione and DLC LGV refit or even DLC Santa cecilia DLC ships would be far better accepted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovec1990 said:

Unlikely main issue is devs give us wrong DLC ships for test i think if we got DLC hermione and DLC LGV refit or even DLC Santa cecilia DLC ships would be far better accepted

Why should those ships be better. A Dlc is a dlc. 

I have no problem with ppl be agsinst Dlc ships. For me, well it have kept me in the game. I don’t like the grinding in the new patch. So to take my Herc for a spin, well keep me in the game right now. I have lots of ressources, so I just burn them right now on indiamans and go to Gustavia for a fight. But after wipe, well my guess I will be able to craft a ship once a week ore so. So to redeem a Herc will give me an hour of fun ore soe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, staun said:

Why should those ships be better. A Dlc is a dlc. 

I have no problem with ppl be agsinst Dlc ships. For me, well it have kept me in the game. I don’t like the grinding in the new patch. So to take my Herc for a spin, well keep me in the game right now. I have lots of ressources, so I just burn them right now on indiamans and go to Gustavia for a fight. But after wipe, well my guess I will be able to craft a ship once a week ore so. So to redeem a Herc will give me an hour of fun ore soe.

Better in sense better choice they are not overperforming

On 11/20/2018 at 2:34 PM, staun said:

You know what I mean, as soon as a new player will sail out in anything else than a bc ...

and as those two dlc dominate any other shallow ship, tell me how a noob will be able to level up to a 5th rate ?

i understand imported/dlc vessels, but they were supposed to be normal. Instead we have the two only shallow frigates, fast and super agile. Hermione or Santa Cecilia would have break nothing and serve the purpose of a crafting bypass - direct action dlc, not also a top performer for its class p2w.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 8:26 AM, pike81 said:

for admin , 

You do know proofs drop randomly so you can get them I. Game still.  Most folks don’t even have them any more and like @admin said about there is always next NYE or something like that. 

On 11/20/2018 at 7:34 AM, staun said:

If I can demast a Herc with a trader brig a bunch of basic cutters can prob sink one to with in limited repair and all.  Folks forget even with the DLC  you need cannons and repairs

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If I can demast a Herc with a trader brig a bunch of basic cutters can prob sink one to with in limited repair and all.  Folks forget even with the DLC  you need cannons and repairs

They can. I seen plenty of Bc in the shallow. US used to use them alot. They are deadly.

3 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

You know what I mean, as soon as a new player will sail out in anything else than a bc ...

and as those two dlc dominate any other shallow ship, tell me how a noob will be able to level up to a 5th rate ?

i understand imported/dlc vessels, but they were supposed to be normal. Instead we have the two only shallow frigates, fast and super agile. Hermione or Santa Cecilia would have break nothing and serve the purpose of a crafting bypass - direct action dlc, not also a top performer for its class p2w.

Well first of all, who says a noob dont sail Herc. A noob will be killed anyway. Regard of ships.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, staun said:

Well first of all, who says a noob dont sail Herc. A noob will be killed anyway. Regard of ships.

First, not at all as you don t start the game with enough crew to man an Hercules, neither have the money to put guns & repairs in it. And the experience and skill to complete the combat tutorial...

So what a nice promise for the release, back with the 300 same old players & alts on prime time 3 weeks after release. Dlc ships everywhere on day one. The most persevering newcomers curb stomped cornered into the peace server. 

I hope I am wrong.

Remember I didn’t t said noobs shouldn’t t die vs vets, I even say keeping knowledge is a good thing. (Notice some vets are still shit at pvp and just consider themselves as pro for farming kpr in gank squads)

I simply advocate for letting a little fun and joy for the new players into this game, no reinforcement zone pvp gank, some small ow non boosted ai targets near capital. And the possibility to enjoy the beauty of the war server other than bein pushed into the Nassau patrol dlc zone. 

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

2 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

First, not at all as you don t start the game with enough crew to man an Hercules, neither have the money to put guns & repairs in it. And the experience and skill to complete the combat tutorial...

So what a nice promise for the release, back with the 300 same old players & alts on prime time 3 weeks after release. Dlc ships everywhere on day one. The most persevering newcomers curb stomped cornered into the peace server. 

I hope I am wrong.

Remember I didn’t t said noobs shouldn’t t die vs vets, I even say keeping knowledge is a good thing. (Notice some vets are still shit at pvp and just consider themselves as pro for farming kpr in gank squads)

I simply advocate for letting a little fun and joy for the new players into this game, no reinforcement zone pvp gank, some small ow non boosted ai targets near capital. And the possibility to enjoy the beauty of the war server other than bein pushed into the Nassau patrol dlc zone. 

For those that don’t do the tutorial and exame. They have to do it the same way I did. Startet on a basic cutter. At that time there was no reinforcement zone. Things cost a lot more. They have a bit easier now.

In general I dont fear the new guys will be killed on there first levels. It will happen yes. But dont think much. I am not a fan on a PvP free reinforcement zone. It will simply give to much advantage to easy nations, and over time make all players stack up in those nations.

But I agree mission today is no help for new players. There should mission for all clases up flag captain in the Capitol area:

29 minutes ago, staun said:

For those that don’t do the tutorial and exame. They have to do it the same way I did. Startet on a basic cutter. At that time there was no reinforcement zone. Things cost a lot more. They have a bit easier now.

Yep, but you seem to forget a couple of points. When I started in this game (some like 4k playing hours ago), I

1) could freely choose the level of missions (and they were fairly easy to beat)

2) had a lot of NPC to chase near capital city.

So I think that the levelling experience for newbies now is more difficult than when I started playing

Edited by victor