Game-Labs Forum

Christian VII - what a beautiful ship!

Anolytic

What a wonderful ship ! Two thoughts about that nice vid  :

• Danish really knew how to build stunning ships !!! There are quite a few other wonderful plans of Danish ships, especially small ones, in the NA Shipyard section.
  • Ships with elaborate naval sculpture and decoration are so beautiful !
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

It is really impressive,

We need more lineships like this one.

I got guns on mine and haven't took her out yet.  Maybe some one will let you capture one.  Kinda wish I open her up on more than one char, but wanted it at least on that one char as he's not Maxed rank and it would be fun grinding her out on that char (he's half way to RA only 30K more to go).

The best looking SOL in the game. 

I wish it will be available in the game.

@admin Maybe DLC for permit only?
Not gonna break the rules of disturbing the economy, as You will still need to craft it (not like Hercules/Requin)
Not gonna break the balance because Bucentaure is exactly on par to it.

Pretty much cosmetic DLC ;)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OjK said:

@admin Maybe DLC for permit only?

hmm. its a good idea that does not disrupt crafting and just gives access to a blueprint. and maybe it should be a model for new imported ships . Another great thing with your proposal is that this can allow to make them capturable too - without any imported status

maybe its even a great idea. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, admin said:

hmm. its a good idea that does not disrupt crafting and just gives access to a blueprint. and maybe it should be a model for new imported ships . Another great thing with your proposal is that this can allow to make them capturable too - without any imported status

I kind of pointed that out 4 months ago with the whole requin dlc crises. Why dlc ships are pre crafted is something I cannot explain. Also. If you want to make them capturable and you should, you need to limit the the permits. 

23 minutes ago, admin said:

I honestly would prefer to have some  BP's of some of the ships that are only through notes and just pay for the permit maybe.  LIke the Wasa the reason a lot of folks didn't use it in the past is cause it cost PvP marks, something some folks didn't have a lot of and others had tons of.  Remember if you have winners and loosers some folks might end up always being loosers.  What fun is a game where you never win?   I know a few folks that have been playing this game for a good while just got there first PvP kill, but they been killed hundreds of times (I was one of the ones back on global killing them).  

with that PvP section of the Admiralty store should really be renamed cause you can get doubloons from other means than PvP, actually it seems it's more profitable to kill AI to get them than PvP.  Just have to win the RNG lotto.

1 hour ago, OjK said:

Maybe DLC for permit only?
Not gonna break the rules of disturbing the economy, as You will still need to craft it (not like Hercules/Requin)
Not gonna break the balance because Bucentaure is exactly on par to it.

Pretty much cosmetic DLC ;)

A genius walks among us lads ;) 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, OjK said:

Oh definitely! If Herc timer is 24h, Christian should be at least 3-5 days I guess.

no I mean limited by numbers, Herc should be 15 euros for 5 permits. 4th rates 4 permits, 3rd rates 3 and 2nd and 1st rates 1. If you want a dlc model to work with the economy and RVR you need to make it expensive dlc or it is p2w no matter how you implement it. There is no way you can add lineships or frigates as free reedemables. It would break the game so badly. Im sorry, its bad business but DLC ships need to be expensive eye candy and not outperform any in game ship in any way. This is not a shooter or a racing game. DLC in naval action is a hard thing to get right. 

I would pay 15 euros tomorrow for 2 permits for a British second rate. Is it expensive? Sure but unlimited ships that dont require mats are gamebreaking, PERIOD! I would however prefer that the rvr and game are finished before we even talk about dlc. However, when the time hopefully comes the DLC ships MUST BE DONE RIGHT or it will be chaos. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

There is no way you can add lineships or frigates as free reedemables.

Although I have no doubts about Your skill in game, I do have a serious one about reading with understanding.

I said "PERMITS ONLY"

I said clearly, that it still need to be crafted. The only difference is, that to get permit You need to have a DLC.
You still have to bring Your own Live Oak, Your own Hemp, etc. etc.

How that is breaking the economy? O.o

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OjK said:

Although I have no doubts about Your skill in game, I do have a serious one about reading with understanding.

I said "PERMITS ONLY"

I said clearly, that it still need to be crafted. The only difference is, that to get permit You need to have a DLC.
You still have to bring Your own Live Oak, Your own Hemp, etc. etc.

How that is breaking the economy? O.o

i know, i still think the permits should be limited too :)

I must start by saying I haven’t played many games, where you for money can buy extra stuf. I think Ojk idea is great. Just can’t see for my that ppl would pay extra for acces to a ship, if you anyway have to do all the crafting and the ship isent better than was allready is in the game. 

If I have to do the same work, why not just sail a buc insted and save my money. I can understand for a dane, that the Christian VII, might have sentimal value, but for other Nations not so sure. Ore is it just my lack of knowledge, that is the reason why I cant it will be a big money income for the game.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, staun said:

I must start by saying I haven’t played many games, where you for money can buy extra stuf. I think Ojk idea is great. Just can’t see for my that ppl would pay extra for acces to a ship, if you anyway have to do all the crafting and the ship isent better than was allready is in the game. 

If I have to do the same work, why not just sail a buc insted and save my money. I can understand for a dane, that the Christian VII, might have sentimal value, but for other Nations not so sure. Ore is it just my lack of knowledge, that is the reason why I cant it will be a big money income for the game.

You are paying to skip time, not to get a superior ship.  I don't like paid ships that are better than in game ships - they should have pros and cons just like the crafted ships.  I also don't like paying for ships that are only 5 uses for example.  A purchased asset needs to retain value or no-one will purchase it.

The ship is pre-crafted as part of the "skip time" value.  Perhaps it would be better to have a cool-down when the ship is destroyed instead of instant regeneration every 24 hours.  Maybe 1 day per rating (inverted - e.g. a 6th rate has a 1 day cool down, 5h rates, 2 days, a 1st rate, 6 days).  When the ship is destroyed, you have to wait the correct number of real world days before you can regenerate it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

You are paying to skip time, not to get a superior ship.  I don't like paid ships that are better than in game ships - they should have pros and cons just like the crafted ships.  I also don't like paying for ships that are only 5 uses for example.  A purchased asset needs to retain value or no-one will purchase it.

The ship is pre-crafted as part of the "skip time" value.  Perhaps it would be better to have a cool-down when the ship is destroyed instead of instant regeneration every 24 hours.  Maybe 1 day per rating (inverted - e.g. a 6th rate has a 1 day cool down, 5h rates, 2 days, a 1st rate, 6 days).  When the ship is destroyed, you have to wait the correct number of real world days before you can regenerate it.

But that is a different idea, than Ojk’s idea. His is that you save a permit, that cost VM , thst you get for free each week, if you have a couple of ports. His idea don’t give me any reason to buy a Dlc ship. Yours make more sence. Personally I like how the Herc dlc works to day. That is the numbers of laborhours that deside when you can redeem it. Think the Christian would then have around a 2 day cooldown.

16 minutes ago, staun said:

But that is a different idea, than Ojk’s idea. His is that you save a permit, that cost VM , thst you get for free each week, if you have a couple of ports. His idea don’t give me any reason to buy a Dlc ship. Yours make more sence. Personally I like how the Herc dlc works to day. That is the numbers of laborhours that deside when you can redeem it. Think the Christian would then have around a 2 day cooldown.

I didn't realize the current DLC ships had a labor hour based cooldown.  That makes sense as well.  :)

@staun For me - it's just pure beauty! :)
I love the look of that ship. And if it won't be in the game on a regular basis, I want to have some way of getting it.

That's why I proposed the middle ground - the way to have some nice looking, unique ship, without the any imbalance in the game.

"Cosmetic DLC" - it gives You nothing, but a better look.
Usually, they are also cheaper than any other DLCs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OjK said:

Just look at this beauty...

christian.png

I understand your point of view. A game like this need Dlc to earn money to keep running, I like the game. Just are tired of the grinding. I am used to pay a monthly fee back when I played Wold of Warcraft, so I have no problem paying for a game. I was just interested to hear what would get ppl to pay for a Dlc.

• Like 1