Game-Labs Forum

I think there should be an option to disable 3D picture in ports

I suggest Devs to add an option that can disable 3D picture in the ports. I don't think it means much. Now, as long as the game is logined, the display adapter will run in full power all the time. It will emit a lot of heat, and waste electricity, also it's easy to  reduce the life cycle. before, when in ports, the display adapter can have a rest. 

Edited by Sonia Delacruz
  • Like 21

I don't care for the backdrop, however I like the ability to look at my selected ship without having to click Leave Port...wait (cut scene)...get into the OW, then get back to port...wait a little bit more (cut scene)...etc.

I also like the idea of disabling the 3D port though, like OP stated to reduce GPU work and heat.

yes yes yes yes YES

My poor overworked GPU!!!  Being in port is supposed to be a time of rest and recuperation!

Another idea might be to keep the 3D view in port but disable the moving water/wave animations. Instead, use a simple flat unanimated surface for the water in port UI view. Same idea for the sky even. No need for complicated day/night/weather animations in port - just a static calm sky!

p.s. Admins PLEASE take this thread seriously! It is a very legitimate and important issue for many of us. I finally gave in and registered an account on the forum just so I could reply with my support to this thread!

• Like 1

согласен.

1. это не имеет смысла потому, что реальный океан с кораблями и  погодой не показывается.

2. вносит путаницу, в море ты или в порту

3. греет видеокарту

4. картинка все-равно не кликабельна, ничего не потеряем от отключения

On 11/5/2018 at 1:20 PM, Sonia Delacruz said:

I suggest Devs to add an option that can disable 3D picture in the ports. I don't think it means much. Now, as long as the game is logined, the display adapter will run in full power all the time. It will emit a lot of heat, and waste electricity, also it's easy to  reduce the life cycle. before, when in ports, the display adapter can have a rest. 

yes. Thank you for the suggestion - we will give an option for a 2d back paint instead of the 3d port. 
we will start working on it in 2 weeks - so hold on. 

• Like 26

Admin, really love your quick response to the players. Job well done.

I'll just stick with the 3d because I like it and also it lets me know that my aging computer will let me get on a voyage without overheating to the point where I have to shut it down. If it's good to go in port, I'm good to go for the voyage.

Also I'm liking the new UI. Thanks a lot. 

Fair sailing all. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2018 at 4:57 AM, admin said:

yes. Thank you for the suggestion - we will give an option for a 2d back paint instead of the 3d port. 
we will start working on it in 2 weeks - so hold on. 

Awesome response, and not just because you agreed with the suggestion.  You could have disagreed.  The main thing is that you explained your intention clearly, with a proposed action, and a idea of commencement.

Good on ya mate.

:)

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:20 AM, Sonia Delacruz said:

Edited Monday at 05:20 AM by Sonia Delacruz

A colorful 2D painting would be nice...

Options...options...options.

So everyone gets what he wants. Best solution where possible. No more nagging.

Besides, if your videocard is close to overheating, so are probably your eyes (which have no options to reduce load). And your nerves. Time for you to make a pause, altogether? Not only the PC hardware.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac