Game-Labs Forum

Ship Insurance... How to?

Question

So how does Ship Insurance actually work? I haven't figured it out yet -_-

• Is each ship insured automatically or do I have to insure just ships of my choice individually and pay the insurance premium?
  • Do I get compensation payment by insurance only if ships sinks? Does it matter if it sinks in PvP or PvE?
  • Will insurance also compensate if ship gets borded instead of sunk?

9 answers to this question

Just now, Joernsson said:

Will the Captain who actually sailed (and sunk) the ship receive the compensation or the Crafter of the ship? In case that both are not the same Player.

The Captain that was sailing the ship in the combat instance in which it was sunk.

Example:

- commandeered a Rattlesnake Heavy from a pirate. Was crafted by some other player.

- used said ship in Nassau port battle. ship was sunk

- I received insurance

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Ships crafted by (player) will be insured automatically.

Will the Captain who actually sailed (and sunk) the ship receive the compensation or the Crafter of the ship? In case that both are not the same Player.

1 hour ago, Joernsson said:

Will insurance also compensate if ship gets borded instead of sunk?

As i understand it no ship needs too be sank not boarded then sank.

@admin can you clerify this too all of us: If enemy player boards you then he sinks your ship are you covered by insurance becouse lot of battles end like this? 

I lost a Heavy Rattlesnake and received just over 4.300 Reals, the process is automatic, complete with a nice telegram from the 'state' offering condolences and and how much the payout will be.  

I think it is actually a nice touch to offer insurance, especially, as Warships are never insured in real life, and while the payout is unlikely to cover to cover the full cost of a rebuild, nor the full cost if bought from crafters or shop, (I think the payment covers the cost of the hull but not cannons and additional fittings) it is good that at least some of the financial burden is lifted.