Game-Labs Forum
admin

Guns not shooting, damage from nowhere, disappearing damage.

Hello.. 

Some of you might be aware of this issue.. usually in the large battles - your guns stop firing and then fire all at once. also sometimes damage disappear or appear from nowhere - meaning you see enemy near - it is time for his broadside - but no visual fire happens, you just see your HP of planking melt

This is caused by the way we send UDP packets

If you had this before or after todays patch 9jan please respond in the topic and describe situation when it happens most.

Users who did not have it please note - maybe you had it before and did not notice

It happened 3 times in that 48 player trafalgar battle, two of which times i was up close to enemy frigate and tried firing at him. I guess being in close proximity to multiple broadsides strains the server.

It happened 3 times in that 48 player trafalgar battle, two of which times i was up close to enemy frigate and tried firing at him. I guess being in close proximity to multiple broadsides strains the server.

The netcode is not happy today indeed.

Happened multiple times in a light ship PvP. Bug tickets were submitted. Guns would show to be loaded, when clicking to fire a full broadside, the arcs would widen (As if I had fired) yet no cannons would fire, and all cannons would remain loaded. 

Other times, I would fire before being fully reloaded, but cannons that would otherwise still be reloading would fire.

I have the mentioned issues since todays patch, never experienced it before.

The bigger the battle (or the more is going on that moment) the more likely it happens.

Especially the 'guns not firing' issue happens very frequent atm on my end.

It happened once in a regular PVP match of at least 10 people. For a period of rougly 3 minutes, nobody could fire. The only input the game would accept was sailing commands, including tacking.

After those three minutes my hull health, which was previously near full suddenly dropped to around 1/3 without warning, and I was taking on water very fast. 

• Like 1

I used to have the case with damage not visible from time to time in a past patch. However, in this version in both battles I played ( mostly in Trafalgar though) I had an issue where one of my gundecks either would not fire or would but I'd still see it filled with ammo but be unable to shoot it out.

I got this issue a lot after todays patch, haven't noticed it before the patch. Usually it's the guns not firing but I also got some strange soundbug aswell when you shoot ranging shots the sound sometimes register 2 or more shots when infact only 1 round going downrange.

Happened in a battle just now for me - not fierig guns every second time.

Normally after I switched to double shot the trouble started - in a few battles tonight

The bigger the battle (or the more is going on that moment) the more likely it happens.

My experience is much the same as Ragor's except I've had the same issue since I first started playing just before Christmas. 

If it's just me and one other player I have a good chance of being Ok if there are more you can forget it, it'll be all but unplayable.

Have it happening in pve,pvp and all light battles today right after patch .

Was ok before patch no problems.

I fire my guns, next salvo reloads my upper deck guns are fired. I wait for the lower deck guns to reload. Next salvo is complete for the lower deck guns. I fire and the arc shows I fired but nothing happens. I wait for my upper deck guns to reload and then I can fire all at once. I also get from time to time no visual yet I take damage, this is all while in close quarters for me and it starting today.  

Yes, in a PvE match tonight. Light ships PvE (I only just got the game tonight). About 9 players v bots. Sometimes my guns wouldn't fire even though they were reloaded. They wouldn't fire single shot or salvo. They did start firing again after a bit. Besides that it was like being Jack Aubrey, fantastic fun for an alpha.

This issue seems to come and go randomly for me. One day it happens every battle, the next day everything is fine

4 battles tonight, in one I took a Victory's side down to half in one broadside from a Bellona from about 100 yards, next game, knife range at another Bellona, 3 broadsides and he lost a total of 3 ticks of damage.

It happens to me frequently in PVP, including yesterday in a rather small battle with only 7 of us. I think the first time I noticed it there were only 5 of us in the match.

Same here, new to this non-firing bug (and: firing all of a sudden) since my rig uploaded new patch yesterday. Seems like the bigger the PVP, the more likely.

Edit: Having read the above posts I remember, that I most likely had switched to double before the bug appeared. Can hardly think of chain, ball and crate causing the non-firing experience ...

I believe I was able to trigger the glitch twice last night!

Twice during a match last night, I fired several ranging shots and then a "full" broadside at the exact moment my lower gundeck reloaded. Instead of firing both decks, only the top deck fired. When I tried to fire off the second deck, I got the no fire glitch. By the time the top deck reloaded, I was able to fire a full broadside again without issue.

• Like 1

It happened once in a regular PVP match of at least 10 people. For a period of rougly 3 minutes, nobody could fire. The only input the game would accept was sailing commands, including tacking.

After those three minutes my hull health, which was previously near full suddenly dropped to around 1/3 without warning, and I was taking on water very fast. 

This has happened to me many times before as well. But it only happened twice, in one day. Then, I never experienced, nor witnessed this issue again. The problem does need to be fixed though. 

Pretty sure I didnt have any no fire bugs but I get the armour melting away pretty often. Will try to put out a report next time.

Well the new patch has made this slightly better for me but I still get the same bug it just takes a few more players to make it happen than before, also I find it will often kick in partway into a game.

I have only received the ghost broadsides (can't see enemy shoot but receive damage) once since the new patch.  I was on a US server, had maybe 45 ping during the time.  Before it happened at least every other match at least once if not in every match.