Game-Labs Forum

Good evening.

we already noticed mods now with different icons underlining no more stackable mods.

A nice step in reducing mod overstacking and unbalances.

Still, @admin, I have to point out:

1. Mast mods (like Kiritimati or Pino Ocote) looks not allowed to stack with Rig Refits (Bovenwind, Pirate, Spanish, French): is this intended?
If not: why 2 different icons? This could be misleading.
IMO they should be (as shown by icons) different type and so stacking allowed (especially not seeing any real risk of overpowering set ups).

2. Isnt wrong allowing to stack Copper and NHR but not NHR and Crooked?
IMO or are all 3 hull speed mods, and so only one to be used (Copper the best, NHR close second a bit cheaper/unlimited supply and crooked worst, with malus but far cheaper).
Or, if only 2 supposed to be used, I'd put Copper and NHR in same category (so only 1 to be used) and Crooked in another: the eventual couple NHR+Crooked is far less powerful and less unbalancing than Copper+NHR leading to a real choise: if I want to be max out speed, I have to get some maluses (Crooked). At the moment Copper+NHR set up is pretty obvious for max speed, without any malus.

Thank you for reading.

• Like 2

While we are talking about the new mod system (anything that helps against stacking is a positive in my book):

It seems there are some new mods that can be found in Mission chests, I recently got "Extra Chain" and I saw some "Extra Shot".

"Extra Chain" states "Ship extra chain units: 1" on it's description. Is this one extra broadside of chain or one extra chainshot per gun? Or just one extra chain shot period, which is improbable but would be hilarious :D

Edited by Tom Farseer

8 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

2. Isnt wrong allowing to stack Copper and NHR but not NHR and Crooked?
IMO or are all 3 hull speed mods, and so only one to be used (Copper the best, NHR close second a bit cheaper/unlimited supply and crooked worst, with malus but far cheaper).
Or, if only 2 supposed to be used, I'd put Copper and NHR in same category (so only 1 to be used) and Crooked in another: the eventual couple NHR+Crooked is far less powerful and less unbalancing than Copper+NHR leading to a real choise: if I want to be max out speed, I have to get some maluses (Crooked). At the moment Copper+NHR set up is pretty obvious for max speed, without any malus.

If you use Modules Tool of https://na-map-test.netlify.com/  you will find some new modules for speed. Some of them are obvioiusly Hull refits (Navy hull and Crooked hull), some are plating (Copper, Lead and Wood Sheathing), and some are navigational (Quadrant, Sextant, Naval Clock)

16 hours ago, Malcolm3 said:

If you use Modules Tool of https://na-map-test.netlify.com/  you will find some new modules for speed. Some of them are obvioiusly Hull refits (Navy hull and Crooked hull), some are plating (Copper, Lead and Wood Sheathing), and some are navigational (Quadrant, Sextant, Naval Clock)

IMO a solution this way devs will not be reducing the mod stacking: I will keep stacking NHR+Copper+NavalClock.

Still the first question was:

Why cant I stack a mast mod (Kiritimati / Pino Ocote) with a Rig Refit one not influencing mast sturdiness (Bovenwind, Pirate, Spanish)?
And this repeating: the icon for masts and rig mods IS DIFFERENT.
So again the question to @admin: is this intended?

IF they cant stack, icon has to be the SAME (otherwise it'll be misleading).

IF they can stack, it's not working as intended so it's a bug ATM.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
typo