Game-Labs Forum

Fleet AI

Draymoor

I found this to be a real issue, specially for players that play alone sometimes. Is there any way to prevent AI ships in your fleet from trying to board enemy ships? Multiple battles I've had ruined by AI attempting suicide boarding actions. Either ramming other ships or most recently attempting to board an already defeated sinking ship. I've lost battles and ships that could've been avoided if my AI fleet ship simply didn't attempt to board a larger enemy ship with more crew. Why would a Belle Poule in my fleet attempt to board a sinking Indefatigable that has 70 more crew? I've tried setting the AI to free mode or destroy and it happens in both modes. Is there a mode that allows the AI to fight without attempting suicide boarding actions...? A very fun PvE battle gets ruined over an AI ship being extremely dumb, yet it doesn't seem to be the case for enemy AI? 

@Beeekonda That also an issue I think, but different one , sinking ships should sink even if they are boarding. Sinking should interrupt boarding or least remove crew that's going into survival from the fight. But at least that requires you getting close to the enemy ship you there's some way to avoid it. But the only way to prevent fleet AI being dumb is...? not to bring a fleet?

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Funny how AI can have all crew on survival and still have 50 prep for boarding. 

and still reload like they're on adrenaline shots?