Game-Labs Forum

Shipholds bugged in combat

Anolytic

So, I know that this has been reported in multiple topics already, and I myself have put in at least a couple of F11 reports about it. But I am making a separate topic, because I suspect it this time may have affected the outcome of a PvP battle.

Here is my screenshot of the bug:

iTNmChV.png

Long story short, it was a PvP-battle against British player Tethra123 of HAVOC on Indefatigable, only we were 2 against 1, so he sank. But before he sank he boarded and captured the other Russian in the battle, a Hercules. Tethra123 sank shortly after, and as the battle was over I went to loot both ships. 

So far so good apart from the annoyance of having to sail upwind to loot. I got to the Hercules, and all I got was the above shown message "failed". Every time I tried to load its hold ([X]). I tried at least 3 times. Only after drifting away and sailing in a roundabout way to get back upwind and close enough to loot them both was I able to loot the hold of both ships and even the Hercules' hold loaded.

However, my assumption is that this bug also affected Tethra123. He will of course be able to confirm or deny this himself.

But he was sitting in a sinking ship with no structure left, for about 20 seconds, within grappling distance of the Hercules that he had just boarded. And yet he did not change to the Hercules, as was the only thing that would have made sense, scuttle his Indefatigable, grab the doubloons dropping, and then escape from me right underneath my guns, which would have been a distinct possibility. I can think of no other reason that he did not change ships and try to escape, to effectively win the battle, than the possibility that the bug that I saw when entering the hold also happened to him and thus prevented him from changing ships. He had plenty of time to do so, and there was little that I could do in my much slower ship.

Only Tethra123 himself or his clanmates (@rediii) can confirm if he was affected by the mentioned bug, but if he did it may have lost him the battle and I would assume that he should be given some sort of compensation for his loss in that case.

• Like 4