Game-Labs Forum

A little sympathy for begginers

I started this game 2 weeks ago, I was starting to figure things out, and biiiim, new patch.

Ok sure, cool.

Well, no. I can't find 7th rate missions anymore. And my basic cutter and I really can't take anything upper than 7th.

So I neeeeeeeed 7th rate missions to make a little money to buy a bigger ship.

I litteraly spent 2 hours sailing yesterday trying to find a 7th rate mission or some 7th rate enemy ships i could fight in the open world.

Did not find any.

That is really not fun at all. I just wanted to fight to make some money, and ended sailing for 2 hours. 

I don't think I can ever progress in this game now. 

I guess you really don't want new players. That sucks.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, pej16 said:

I started this game 2 weeks ago, I was starting to figure things out, and biiiim, new patch.

Ok sure, cool.

Well, no. I can't find 7th rate missions anymore. And my basic cutter and I really can't take anything upper than 7th.

I litteraly spent 2 hours sailing yesterday trying to find a 7th rate mission or some 7th rate enemy ships i could fight in the open world.

Did not find any.

That is really not fun at all. I just wanted to fight to make some money, and ended sailing for 2 hours. 

Try find missions in shallow water ports.

20 minutes ago, pej16 said:

Ok sure, cool.

Did not find any.

Captain, Have you checked shallow water ports?

@pej16 My big recommendation for now is to do the tutorials. Upon completing the middle 4 tests you'll be given rewards and ranked up several times, which will at least get you into a 6th or 5th rate ship quickly. Try and ask around for help or clan recruiters so you can participate in some group ventures.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pej16 said:

I tried 5 or 6 shallow water ports, couldn't find any.

I didn't know about the tutorials. I'll try. 

Maybe I can have a little fun there at least.

Your natural target is AI Trader Brigs.  Easy to kill or capture from  basic Cutter.  Go up to the Bahamas and hunt in the shallow water there.  Lots of enemy AI.  You can't hunt in your Green Zone anymore.

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You can't hunt in your Green Zone anymore.

"Green Zone" being the Reinforcement Area immediately surrounding your starting cities, @pej16. There's a symbol right above your minimap that you can hover your cursor over, and it will tell you about the type of zone you are in, if any.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pej16 said:

Alright, I'll try that aswell. thank you.

But really fights are hard enough as a newcommer, so if also finding fights is hard.

That's gonna be a problem.

I have to really emphasize, especially with the new patch, finding a clan. Or even just asking in Nation chat if anybody wants to group up and go hunting. Make some friends, jump in a discord channel, make terrible mistakes and find enemy holds full of goodies, repeat.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pej16 said:

Alright, I'll try that aswell. thank you.

But really fights are hard enough as a newcommer, so if also finding fights is hard.

That's gonna be a problem.

You gotta learn to trade as well.  I know some people hate it, but trade income pays for your PVP habit. 

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You gotta learn to trade as well.  I know some people hate it, but trade income pays for your PVP habit. 

Capping/sinking helpless LGVs is the most profitable activity.  I haven't bothered with trading since they increased the PVE battle payouts a year ago, since you can make mountains of money sinking helpless AI ships. 

40 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

Capping/sinking helpless LGVs is the most profitable activity.  I haven't bothered with trading since they increased the PVE battle payouts a year ago, since you can make mountains of money sinking helpless AI ships. 

very true, but a true beginner isn't going to be taking down LGVs in his Cutter

3 hours ago, Ink said:

Captain, Have you checked shallow water ports?

They still offer mostly none shallow water missions I noticed yesteray.   You might get the option for two missions out of the 10 that can be used in shallows but most of them was to sink deep water ships so this might nee to be looked at.

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

To hell with beginners, what about us oldy but recently absent that came back to the game to find the new UI indecipherable!

Begginers need to be retained, just like old crusty players like many of us and so do the casuals so your part of that group.  IF we don't retain players we have no one to fight or hunt and game gets back to the numbers just back before this patch (which was lower than PvP2/Global server numbers before the merge).   

4 hours ago, pej16 said:

Ok sure, cool.

Did not find any.

nation hometowns have the small rates you need

also shallow ports have them

take a lynx and go explore your needs.. first :)

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

very true, but a true beginner isn't going to be taking down LGVs in his Cutter

There used to be a steady supply of AI 7th Rates.  For my first month of playing I found a couple of places where Lynxs spawned predictably and just killed them over and over and over.  Even during the "austerity" days I was able to build up my supply of money, repairs and gold mines that way, and it pays much better now.  I didn't bother with trading until much later on when I could build my first LGV, and when they increased the payout for AI battles I stopped trading again.

Edited by Barbancourt