Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vernon Merrill

Proposal for updated surrender mechanic now that rewards are hold-based...

Proposal:

Now that rewards and loot are "hold-based", can there be an implementation of the option to merely loot a player's hold and let him keep his ship?  Both if he surrenders or is captured.

Pros: 

1) Potentially lessens blow to new players/traders/casual players

2) Adds an addition level of immersion as one can choose to be cut-throat or benevolent

3) Potentially lessens toxicity since battles may not be "all or nothing"

Cons:

1) Potential for using as a way to trade in OW with other nationality.

* Players will always trade with their alts, the proposal actually turns them more into actual "smugglers", with the risk of actually being caught.

Is this possible from a technical standpoint @admin?

• Like 10

Could have great impact on playerbase if enough experienced players chose to act 'benevolently' and leave ships of their victims alone. Less rage-quitting. This and the roleplaying significance makes me support the idea.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Potential for using as a way to trade in OW with other nationality.

We already do it. One player needs fleet ship or attack AI. Use third party hold as "trade depot". What's wrong about trading with other nations? Players will always find a way and blocking it is just making our life harder. There are no negatives, downsides or exploits to this potential feature, only pros and benefits. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, Vernon Merrill said:

Proposal:

Now that rewards and loot are "hold-based", can there be an implementation of the option to merely loot a player's hold and let him keep his ship?  Both if he surrenders or is captured.

Pros: 

1) Potentially lessens blow to new players/traders/casual players

2) Adds an addition level of immersion as one can choose to be cut-throat or benevolent

3) Potentially lessens toxicity since battles may not be "all or nothing"

Cons:

1) Potential for using as a way to trade in OW with other nationality.

* Players will always trade with their alts, the proposal actually turns them more into actual "smugglers", with the risk of actually being caught.

Is this possible from a technical standpoint @admin?

By looting his hold do you also mean the dubloons that would appear there if you sank him? because if that was the case then it would be exploited by people looting surrendered ships letting them go and then repeating again.

If it doesnt include the looting of the dubloons that would drop on sinking then why would people let someone go without sinking them, unless they had some really good items in their hold. I caught a player LGV yesterday and the only reason I did not sink him after boarding was because he had a lot of skill books and mods in his hold and some crafting materials so I could not carry them all, but it was still a close choice whether to take as much as I could and sink him to get the dubloons. If I did not have the fleet perk I would have taken what I could and sunk him to get the dubloons.

• Like 1