Game-Labs Forum

Loot pickup - and punishment for loot pickup proposal

Just now, Sella22 said:

Maybe lock the hold when a ship sinks (accesible only by the player that got the kill) and right click to unlock only when a trusted guy is nearby?

the capture rules can be applied to hold rules i think
unlock for friends and capture and looting (not only capture like right now)

• Like 2

I like the proposed suggestion. If someone joined my battle and took my loot I would want to sink them for sure. 

With that said, only players who read the forums will know about this rule and there will be some confusion if the offending player did not know about the rule and got sunk by his own "teammate"

i would rather see outlaw battles return since it would make the rules more universally defined and minimize confusion. 

Just now, admin said:

That was what i had in mind. It will save you from a lot of trouble and tribunals

1 minute ago, admin said:

This would not be a good idea imo. Sometimes you leave your teammate to finish a ship while you chase after another player. If your teammate is left with a sunk ship he cannot plunder, it would be a shame. 

1 minute ago, Capn Rocko said:

This would not be a good idea imo. Sometimes you leave your teammate to finish a ship while you chase after another player. If your teammate is left with a sunk ship he cannot plunder, it would be a shame. 

1 minute ago, Capn Rocko said:

unlock for friends

3 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

Could be solved by clicking the wreck in the in-battle map and unlocking it. Or adding a pop up button somewhere in the screen to unlock it when you want, even if you are miles away.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

Could be solved by clicking the wreck in the in-battle map and unlocking it. Or adding a pop up button somewhere in the screen to unlock it when you want, even if you are miles away.

I tend to assume worst case scenario when ideas are mentioned (based on past experiences with new mechanics). If this were the case, I see no problem with the idea.

1. Every OW battle should be an outlaw battle but you cannot attack a friendly nation player in the OW. You can join either side, but the only way to tell who is on your side is their flag, clan, or player recognition.

3. Battles created from missions do not become outlaw battles.

2. Patrol battles and port battles to follow the 1 side vs 1 side battles that are currently done.

Now you've solved the issue of tribunals in a couple ways.

A. You cannot grief a player in your nation by attacking them, only if a battle occurs. This is subject to tribunals as they are already.

B. Port battles stay how they are for nation/clan versus nation/clan battle setups we have now

C. Patrol zone battles stay as they are now to encourage national support in those battles.

• Like 1

As it stands, I think it's more or less fine the way it is. I have had some players come and steal my loot. Yea it sucks but that's what's fun. I think that loot whoring is back, which upsets the communist in me. But to that end, I not get to run in to battles and steal what I can, then jump out. Adds a bit of fun to it. This era was mostly dictated by etiquette when it comes to engagements. There were gentlemen and there were scoundrels. I've had a pirate join the a 1v1 I had with a Brit. I sank the brit but didn't get a chance to loot because I couldn't fight the rat diana (it was Herc v Herc) Diana comes in, loots the herc and then jump. I was pissed. Still am. But that is still fun for me. It's a new form of content. You have to actually protect your loot, instead of being entitled to it. I've said this a lot, you are entitled to nothing in this game. If someone beats you to the target, sink them. Friend or foe; sink them. If you can't sink them, then they obviously outplayed you and you didn't deserve the loot, and you should learn from that. This is still fun for me. Frustrating, but ultimately fun. 

Imo the whole "you hve to loot to get rewards" is a questionable mechanic. It has really bad impact on the flow of a battle, especially if fighting outnumbered. Is it possible to let the dubloons drop into the hold of the player who killed the ship instead of the ship itself? If dubloons got split up between assists it would be even better.

What happened to "We want to encourage fighting over running" btw @admin? Fighting a bigger group, sinking some enemies but dying in the end will cost you all the dubloons youve looted in that battle. Is that design goal no longer active?

• Like 4

If an allied player I don't know comes in, engages in my fight without permission and is trying to steal loot, regardless of whether or not he "helped," I'm gonna fill him full of holes. This just seems like common gaming sense. The concept of needing screenshots and evidence and a "forum trial" to defend such an action is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Different suggestion: Why not modify the ship capture mechanic we have/had, so the player who killed the ship has all rights to the ship and it's contents, even if it is sunk. Only way for other friendly players to access the hold a ship you have killed is if you make it available for all. While other players who are not friendly has full access. 

I fear I will end up sinking a rookie who does not read chat/understand English, thinking it's an enemy alt here to steal my loot! But if it's a rookie that would not be very nice..

2 hours ago, qw569 said:

@admin

You already have mechanics with enemy ship after successfully boarding.

Why do not make this mechanics for loot? The ship which make maximum damage can loot or she can make ship available for all.

If those that want them cannot have outlaw battles then this is by far the best solution 

I think reverting back to an after battle screen with loot would be way better. Have you tried looting while sailing 1st rate ship? Or trying to loot a ship that's upwind from you? Or in the middle of battle? It's no fun having to take minutes just to get your loot. A small quick ship could easily sneak in and take your loot before you can ever get close to sinking them if you're sailing a slow large ship. As an example, I was trying to capture a heavy frigate the other day, with 2 light frigates and after 1 hr of battle a small 7th rate showed up and finished off the heavy frigate because it had all it's armor taken off already, while I was repairing. No chance of me sinking that 7th rate if he takes the loot and he only fought for 5 minutes while I fought for 1 hour. Having the loot be distributed after battle also allows to more easily split the prize for assists. 

Edited by Draymoor

2 hours ago, admin said:

its technically impossible

I think your initial idea to allow sinking thiefs is OK, but it will not solve the problem. The best idea seems to me to handle it like boarding. Only the player who gets the kill can loot or decide to make the sunken ship lootable for others. Best would be if the doublons could be shared in the holds of the ships between those who make kills and assists and give an additional loot on the sunken ship that can only be looted by the player that got the kill.

Honestly I would just prefer the old battle end screen brought back with loot being assigned there, it was far less of a pain than the current mechanics. Looting in a lot of ships is just a massive pain and the idea of looting sinking and captured ships is just kind of gimmicky and doesn't really add anything to the game. It was sad the battle end screen abuse wasn't addressed in a way that maintained the old and now lost mechanic but made it impossible for the people using it to use it in the manner they did.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, admin said:

it is under consideration too and easy to do. But it will be frustrating in large battles where you rely on your friends picking up loot and repairs from sinking enemies (as you need to click on target and free derelicts and almost no-one knows this )))) 

As I suggested earlier, it would be less frustrating if you restrict it to the person with kill credit AND their clanmates/battlegroup members.

• Like 1

or

you can only loot a ship

. if you killed it

. or have an assist on it

if not participated in killing a ship you (just like determined defender ) are not allowed to loot (keep it game based)

perhaps the duration of looting a chip must have a bigger time set (when sunk deep you still can loot remnants of loot) as an owner of the loot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, it is not allowed to loot friendly nation ships who sunk (deliberate turning friends into enemy fire and sink because of it)

it seems the greed is here and the Caribbean turns in to a hostile place 

Edited by Thonys

@admin

Not a tribunal post, just an example for discussion.

I initiated the battle. Bunch of pirates joined, including many 5x guys. Ram Dinark and his friend joined the other side after quiet some time but they left. Most of the pirates left as I asked them. Two of them remained and kept doing their stuff. Warning was given and ignored. 

Agi shenanigans

68CD66E90D9B529692EC85EE830C1239C6FA2B21

Just finished making him go away and here is the other one

AC942FF804EF4C3C55AA9443561BAB5AE6728039

He obviously lost because I shot his stern with balls and grapes. I finally got to boarding bellona. Switched ships and sank his endymion

5726C5877B5EAA9DFC5A85FBC5895AC7535B92BA

chats:

25AADC2E140E1C3E007292742ED0D6382473F65F

09034C7394924A6FCF77C9C32C8CEB76A0E849D0

Lets discuss. Who's wrong? Who is the bad guy? Who deserves to get banned? What rules were broken?

Edited by Beeekonda