Game-Labs Forum

Loot pickup - and punishment for loot pickup proposal

Every ship matter now.

Every ship you see in the open world (even NPCs) could carry something valuable and is worth trying to attack. It will be very disappointing if someone joins your battle and takes this loot from you. Loot pick up rule clarification is required. Lets discuss the proposal

proposed rules

You can destroy the friendly ship who is stealing your loot under the following conditions (all must be fulfilled at the same time)

1. Friendly ship did not initiate the battle - if he initiated the battle its his loot even if he did not destroy the target. (you can check who initiated the battle it in the TAB interface)
  2. Friendly ship does not inflict any damage on the enemies (you can approximate it by lack of kills or assists)
  3. Friendly ship does not have any significant damage received from the enemy (was not active in battle and only joined to pick up loot)
  4. This is not a port battle

Here is the recommended set of actions.

• Warn the player that it is your cargo and he should not take it - 2-3 times in chat
  • If the warning is ignored and all 3 above mentioned pre-conditions exist - take a screenshot that of that ship near the ship he is looting
  • After warnings and a screenshot you can destroy the target and take back whats yours.

This rule does not apply to port battles as you as a clan decide who can enter your port battles. You allowed them to enter thus you allow them to take part of the spoils. 

If your ship was destroyed by friendlies for loot pick up you are not entitled for any compensation if above preconditions were met. If you feel your ship was destroyed unfairly - you can report this to tribunal. 

Lets discuss

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

To me it seems convoluted and a burden for Ink and other moderators? I suggest just bringing back outlaw battles for all nations. 😈

Its not going to be a burden if the rules are clear. If rules are clear no reports are needed - just check if conditions apply and destroy the looter. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spitfire83 said:

It's very easy for thief to take a broadside or 2 so that those conditions are not met but still do nothing and steal rewards...

And very easy to get assists 1 broadside will do it probably

if assist is present the person have participated in the battle and is entitled to loot the target. Majority of loot pick up (when happened) happened in light ships like lynxes and basic cutters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

if assist is present the person have participated in the battle and is entitled to loot the target. Majority of loot pick up (when happened) happened in light ships like lynxes and basic cutters.

We will have to agree to disagree there I received a assist for a pointless stern rake on a ocean that didn't influence anything in battle the fact three players was pounding his side made him sink I was nothing more then a spectator..... I may have given out some friendly fire during my 1 broadside ( I know what a great captain iam) lol

Моделирую ситуацию:
Начался бой 25х24, я захожу на щебеке. В идеале, сразу нахожусь в круге тага, что бы меня затянуло (малоли, люди без баттл группы), но не обязательно.

Держусь на расстояние пробития своих пушек и просто кидаю в стеньги или корму (набиваю ассист). В добавок подставлюсь под пару залпов (что бы точно не нарушить правил). Как только вижу труп - подьезжаю и лутаю.

Если по мне начнут стрелять - это будет грин ту грин. На предупреждения мне все равно, так как я правил не нарушал. Но и в тоже время я являюсь мародером.

и повторюсь, что люди которые будут разбирать все эти репорты - повесятся :)

Edited by Captain Reverse
  • Like 3

Having a clan mate or nation mate loot a ship that you've sunk is one thing.  There may be some nasty chat on Nation chat but it ought to be manageable. It could get ugly if you're sailing along as Nation A and spot a battle you can join between two other nations.  You have no loyalty to Nation B or C so when you join on their side, you can loot a recently sunk ship without guilt.  (not me...some other players might...)

28 minutes ago, admin said:

Friendly ship does not inflict any damage on the enemies (you can approximate it by lack of kills or assists)

Friendly ship does not have any significant damage received from the enemy (was not active in battle and only joined to pick up loot) 

This seems ripe for abuse. It's not hard to lose half your armor, especially in a speedy little 7th or 6th rate, which would be the weapon of choice for any aspiring doubloon thief.

Why not have ships generate some loot for any player that tries to loot it? You already have plenty of drops that completely suck (three hundred tons of almonds, huzzah! A single basic ballast, hooray!), so it's not like players would be walking away with 1800 doubloons each.

That's not the only solution, either. You could restrict the ability to loot to whoever made the kill/capture, and their clanmates/battlegroup members. If some random jackhole shows up, and takes some damage, that should be their problem. I have no idea why you guys would want to encourage such bastardry in a game where you're always playing with the same few hundred people. We already have toxicity issues.

Rather than have weird shades of grey with green on green rules, which will almost certainly lead to confusion and tribunals, you could just eliminate the problem.

Edited by greybuscat
Grammar
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, admin said:

Every ship you see in the open world (even NPCs) could carry something valuable and is worth trying to attack.

Why do you need to place loot in cargo to achieve this?

When you want randomness in loot, you can do it either way.

Sure its realistic to loot the cargo. But realism isnt focussed on anywhere else. Why here, at huge quality of life cost for the player, and tribunal effort for you?

Whats the reasoning behind it besides realism?

1 minute ago, Dragonfire said:

I like the only person that can loot it is the one credited with the kill unless they release it. Best solution.

it is under consideration too and easy to do. But it will be frustrating in large battles where you rely on your friends picking up loot and repairs from sinking enemies (as you need to click on target and free derelicts and almost no-one knows this )))) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, admin said:

it is under consideration too and easy to do. But it will be frustrating in large battles where you rely on your friends picking up loot and repairs from sinking enemies (as you need to click on target and free derelicts and almost no-one knows this )))) 

Consider if the player who sinks the ship also dies.  Does the ship he sunk become unlootable.  I guess he can stay in the instance and do that.

12 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Consider if the player who sinks the ship also dies.  Does the ship he sunk become unlootable.  I guess he can stay in the instance and do that.

No if that happens or the ship is left too long the chances that the ship has sunk too low to loot would be very high anyway. Dedicate a key like o to release a ship in game if releasing ship is not too well known or used. click on the ship alt..o ...ship is released for all.