Game-Labs Forum

Economy feedback - because i really don't know where to post anymore

First of all, maybe this should be in another thread, but since I'm confused about what is on-topic or not, here it is.

I don't like the economy part of this latest patch at all and I've made that clear in the economy feedback thread but I'm not sure I've explained well enough why. 

I'm more drawn to and interested in the economic side of this and every other similar game than the combat side.  I like the combat well enough, but it's secondary to me.  I don't really like going out to start fights with enemy players.  But to be hunted, and then to turn on hunter, is excellent fun.  I actually don't mind being ganked at all when I can take at least one of them down with me.  Helping out with port fights is fun too.  Unfortunately, if you cannot participate in TS, it's very hard to participate at all.

But it's the economy that makes the game for me.  Profit is the ultimate motive but the method has to hold my interest.  Profit from trading goods is alright but this activity needs some kind of trade missions again to make it more interesting and nudge us into known, dangerous trade routes.  Otherwise it's just easy Parisian furniture and Historical artifacts.

Ship building is (was) the key activity in the economy.  It was interesting and profitable.  It is certainly no longer profitable.  This fact has more to do with what wasn't in the patch.  The missing part being a proper balancing act for the DLCs.  Crafted 5th, 6th, and 7th rate ships are simply worthless because so many can redeem a far superior ship for the class every single day.  While I agree that the higher rated ships should be more expensive and rare, that leaves very little left to build.  And why would anyone want to sell a line ship for reals?  And higher rated DLC ships are coming?  Ship building is not viable from an economic perspective any more at all. 

As for being interesting... Honestly, although there were more clicks, and the amount of space used was problematic, having to deal with all the intermediate materials was an interesting element.  Some things, i had no idea what they were, and so it inspired some additional reading and learning about old ships.  That was great, it's also gone and I feel now that it's a loss for new players who might have been interested.

This is posted in the wrong place, yes.  But I don't know what to do when I was warned an on-topic post was off-topic and I'm not the type to falsely press that acknowledge button more than once.

• Like 3