Game-Labs Forum

eco patch rebalance

first off congrats on breaking the game.

right now how the eco patch was implemented killed the game its on life support at this point.

what the players want is simplified shipbuilding. simplified crafting, but the pvp and combat mark system we dont need that changed it had a working system which would of matched perfectly with the eco patch for just crafting changes. the missions are a nice touch but removing marks from pve combat not a cool move and these huge prices with dubs isnt helping players keep faith in ur judgements for future patches.

WHAT PLAYERS WANT.
1. simplified crafting
2. revert back to combat marks and pvp marks.
3. create a cost to convert combat marks to pvp marks.
4. npc missions rebalanced to fit their descriptions and rewards. eg. (old system battle with 8 4th rates yeilded around 150 combat marks and a decent amount of gold and exp) current system (lousy amount of raels moderate exp no dubloons unless u loot every ship and get lucky) battles can take up to an hour and a half to complete if there is no incentive to hunt those fleets down with guaranteed rewards the new missions become useless and the old system gave better rewards for time spent in battle or looking for food.
5. rebalance npc spawns, having only ur nation ships spawn nearby ur ports and very little npc's of other nations, sure forces players to leave safe waters but also causes a lack of port battles. high risk with lil to no reward. no point taking ports near ur own capitals as it would hinder npc's spawning of other nations. effectively removing RvR combat from the game for the most part.

6. pvp cap could be implemented like say every 24 hours a single player can only accumulate up to about 100 pvp marks, and any other pvp marks earned is converted to combat marks or exp for the ship in use. this way we have less gankers outside capital ports they wouldnt be earning as much as if they had no limit.

7. current prices for dubs and shipbuilding are ridiculous what used to be able to replace a whole fleet of firsts is now down to about 2 or 3 at best. effectively crippling shipbuilding.

and 8. if dubs become the true currency it should be available in all forms of combat this includes where the combat marks were earned from not just missions but also from killing AI guaranteeing getting dubs from pve kills rather then by chance from looting would be a better incentive to go out and hunt for ai or pvp.

• Like 1

This game is going to likely have a player motivated economy based off of trade, much like eve online I think,combat will be more for sinking or taking ships only in the end. Then the only value in combat will be the ship to resell, no more easy made money for small clans, and even more difficult for single players like myself.

I am ok with it though because I am not really a casual, even though I usually play around an hour a day, sometimes only 30 minutes or so, I play alone and sail my ship one day, park out in the middle of nowhere and get on the next day and hunt... I am seldom in port and take ships for credits in game. I guess that all I am trying to say is the days of the easy money are over, I don't see this game getting easier only more challenging, but that does not stop me from playing the game. I will judge their current formulas for in game economy when it has been tried for a month or so. Lets give the players a chance to develop the economy before we pass an under developed judgement on untried in game mechanics. 

I feel we need to get out of the mindset that everything comes easy from NPC kills, I can see the development of the game veering in the direction of PVP more than PVE so buckle up and get ready for the ride.

Almost forgot... I liked how the PVP mark system worked but why have PVP marks in a game like this... I am very successful at how I play PVP, I also know the importance to some clans for PVE grinding for in game currency to pay for ports... so yeah I feel your pain but I really think their should be a more creative way to play this game.

Don't forget... Punish the AFK.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

a portion of the player base is on the pve server with the current changes to the economy we effectivelly destroyed the pve server in the process. this game has 2 servers not 1 no major change should cripple 1 server over the other. the way they did this patch inadvertently destroyed the eco on the pve server. and crippled ship building of 3rd rates and up on pvp more then on pve.  not everyone has the time to spend hunting fleets all over the map to get dubs and not all players on the game have the time to spend with a no reward for the hours they spend playing. the reward system for hunting fleets is now more geared towards the dlc ships and 5-7th rates rather then an even balance between 1-7th. in my opinion this patch ruined the game, unless changes are made i see many if not alot of players leaving NA for better games

maybe they can change it then for the PVE server only... then PVE players could have their content and PVP players could have theirs which already exists... two separate sets of gameplay and economics, one for one server, the other for the other server.

In an ideal world this would seem to me to be the most logical solution, lets not soften the PVP server though... we die hards don't like easy game play.

This way we have two servers and two entirely separate styles of game play and, a server for both types of players equals more happy players yes?

Edited by LIONOFWALES

54 minutes ago, LIONOFWALES said:

maybe they can change it then for the PVE server only... then PVE players could have their content and PVP players could have theirs which already exists... two separate sets of gameplay and economics, one for one server, the other for the other server.

In an ideal world this would seem to me to be the most logical solution, lets not soften the PVP server though... we die hards don't like easy game play.

This way we have two servers and two entirely separate styles of game play and, a server for both types of players equals more happy players yes?

problem with ur suggestion is it gives the devs more work to do making 2 balanced eco patches one geared towards the pvp server which has pve elements and the pve server which lacks pvp elements, the major flaw in making 2 balanced eco patches is the work the devs have to deal with, and the potential to loose even more players incase something goes wrong as it did with this eco patch. what needs to be implemented is a patch that satisfies the majority of the players not just the hardcore pvper's or the laid backed pve'ers

revamping the eco patch onto the test best for more then a month  and test out changes there from the combat mechanics to the economy and see what works best for most of the players. it is ultimately up to the players in developing a game, the devs just need to listen to what the players want, and then place it in a test server to try out and get feedback on. they implemented the eco patch too early before working out the flaws in it.

steam reviews mate alot of people hate the new update and steam charts watching how many people login

not to mention the forums as well not alot of happy campers with this new eco patch

just read thru the new eco feedback pages u'll see the real view of the players

Edited by Ruby Rose

6 minutes ago, Ruby Rose said:

steam reviews mate alot of people hate the new update and steam charts watching how many people login

not to mention the forums as well not alot of happy campers with this new eco patch

Steam reviews are a function of current mood indeed. But current mood is caused by sudden and sinificant changes combined with new ui.  New economy is better than old economy. It just feels like a shock. 
Some players say full wipe would be better @Sovereign analysis was repeated by many   . Maybe they are right. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ruby Rose said:

7. current prices for dubs and shipbuilding are ridiculous what used to be able to replace a whole fleet of firsts is now down to about 2 or 3 at best. effectively crippling shipbuilding.

first rates are top class ships that should not be easily replaced by couple of clicks here and there.  Having said that I doubt doubloons are the bottleneck, i actually know they are not the bottleneck. You just keep associating them with expensive pvp marks.. they are not pvp marks. 

• Like 2

@admin why the balance is not equitable for all players?

Can you explain this? A player with 55M = 2.6M and a player with 400K  = 400K?  and Why u have supprim massive trade ressources in warehouse?

Do a total wipe is more simple for all...

And pay for each tow is a joke i think...