Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

@rediii

1 hour ago, GhastlyGhost said:

Fine that we got denomination. Unfortunately tow ship prices are  still old.

Now I`m forced to grind reals because i cant tow my ships. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

this will be patched tomorrow

• Like 1

Just now, admin said:

Its an oversight. Will be fixed tomorrow. It was done for ease of testing in the testbed. But from tomorrow doubloons can be stored into chest in ports. 

I can only fit 10k doubloons in my chest, why not 99k or 999k? 

31 minutes ago, Borch said:

Aha, got it. Completely misunderstood feedback.

will rephrase.. i edited the post and added more info.. 
war server will be risky - but you actually will need to sail much less once you find your hunting spot.. All first rates are around Yucatan, hispaniola and lower antilles. Just move there and you actually have a better time and more fun (pvp fighting other people like you)
such problem does not exist on Peace server and pve oriented players will just move there. 

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

I can only fit 10k doubloons in my chest, why not 99k or 999k? 

We think it should be 99 maybe 999 max.. and the rest should be carried in hold. so 9999 is a good compromise

8 minutes ago, admin said:

We think it should be 99 maybe 999 max.. and the rest should be carried in hold. so 9999 is a good compromise

This is confusing.  With the prices in Doubloons so high we need to stockpile them somewhere.  Would this be in your chest?  Are you suggesting that they be kept in the warehouse or clan warehouse?  I would think that just for ease of access, they be kept in one central location.  Am I not understanding your vision for this currency?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

What's the actual purpose of money chest? I jumped to another port (it was a freeport) and when I opened the chest, I did not find dubloons there. Is it working as intended?

22 minutes ago, admin said:

So, currency requires actual transportation now rather than being an abstract wallet? And it can be potentially taken?

5 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

So, currency requires actual transportation now rather than being an abstract wallet? And it can be potentially taken?

Every player in a Basic Cutter could be worth Doubloons!

• Like 1

Looking forward to testing the patch after work. @admin Thanks for the hard work and the quick hotfixes for bugs that early testing has found! 😎

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

if it's this way, why does a money chest even still exist?

Edited by victor

Sweet! finally all my alt accounts which i grind PvE on comes to use :D cheap TP of upgrades, easy doubloons, when im done i just delete it and create a new one! NIIIIIICE :D:D 

3 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

so what do you get for sinking a player? nothing? 

My god man, read the notes. Combat marks and PvP marks are now the same thing (doubloons.) You get them for sinking players or sometimes you can loot them in ships. 

Keep up, I haven't even been in game yet and I understand this. 

• Like 2

"We never met, nice to finally meet you!"

746e90786711d1f205c12a1e78baa189.png

Edited by jodgi

5 minutes ago, Kartaugh said:

Well, I got 6k doubloons as compensation for my 10 buildings, then rebuilding the Shipyard to level 3, I lost 8000 doubloons.....fantastic.

Fantastic and wrong. Shipyard requires 1k for lvl 2 and 5k for level 3. 
You probably opened academy as well or spend those doubloons elsewhere (or put them to warehouse)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Fantastic and wrong. Shipyard requires 1k for lvl 2 and 5k for level 3. 
You probably opened academy as well or spend those doubloons elsewhere (or put them to warehouse)

Well, considering if I wanted to get all my crafting abilities back I HAD to build the Academy?

I could build those things before as standard, now I HAVE to have an Academy and a Workshop just to return to my previous crafting abilities...

Also, I had all 10 buildings and got 6k, there are people saying they got 12-14k extra doubloons....any reason for that?

Edited by Kartaugh

1 minute ago, Kartaugh said:

Well, considering if I wanted to get all my crafting abilities back I HAD to build the Academy?

I could build those things before as standard, now I HAVE to have an Academy and a Workshop just to return to my previous crafting abilities...

Also, I had all 10 buildings and got 6k, there are people saying they got 12-14k extra doubloons....any reason for that?

Academy is a new building and did not exist before. We don't think its reasonable to compensate for something that did not exist
I still dont get how you lost 8000 doubloons if you lost none (you spent 6k on buildings and spent 2k on academy) - which cant really count as lost. 

Just now, Intrepido said:

I dont have any compensation for lost buildings...

click 7700527ef8b6df271bc6cd5c245379c1.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, admin said:

current buildings were closed and wiped for all players (costs to reopen was added to redeemables)

Didn't get any redeemable for iron and coal buildings, only the standard 2k doubloon which every captain got