Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

16 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

Let 'em have their fun.  (particularly if they're going to use all their perks and money to do it) 

I'm open to letting people have their fun, but I'm hesitant of getting daddy to pay for their crashed car when their bad choices leads to inevitable doom.

8 hours ago, CdrNexoe said:

Right. My Clanmebmbers confirm that LvL 3 ShipYard gives 6K Doublons. But I just got 2K. CHECK and Reimburse me!  Getting tired of this laggardness!

all rewards were distributed in full. Nobody was missed. 

Building Productivity

Prior to the wipe I used all 5 building slots to build level 3 Cotton Plantations and could make around 8 Cotton Sails per day through the use of labour contracts - farming and making cotton rolls used most of the hours.

One level 3 plantation now generates around 25 Cotton Sails per day without resorting to labour contracts (now too expensive) and I can't farm more than a about 20% of the total stock to do this through lack of labour hours! Obviously you can no longer have 5 of the same plantations in the same port, so some gain per plantation might be expected but the current productivity is far too great.  Clearly this needs changing as its a OTT.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:14 AM, John Hill Regard said:

Hello Dev

I would like to know how a French new casuel player can start thé game.

with enough crew for a basic cutter you first havé to sail in enemy  water’s to find a small Trader  (thé Only target you can expect )to get some  XP and réal.It can take hour’s Before you meet one.

Do missions. You won't learn much chasing traders.

On 11/8/2018 at 2:35 AM, admin said:

all rewards were distributed in full. Nobody was missed. 

Please CHECK this  And then tell me why I was NOT redeemed 6K. If yer records dont up to date, check my !st Lines, and ye see I built em, ergo had a LvL3 Shipyard. 

Hotfix 9th of November

• PvP rewards that drop into holds are significantly increased
  • Shipbuilding woods NPC deliveries slightly adjusted - they deliver woods a bit more often now.
  • Shooting skill book changed from % of muskets to musket accuracy 
  • All upgrades in the fire arms upgrades category slightly rebalanced (accuracy slightly lowered) % of muskets for crew decreased.

Firearms upgrades will still remain strong - musket fire during boarding using advanced firearms will inflict significant losses  

• Like 12

11 hours ago, CdrNexoe said:

Please CHECK this  And then tell me why I was NOT redeemed 6K. If yer records dont up to date, check my !st Lines, and ye see I built em, ergo had a LvL3 Shipyard. 

Please post in the support section and provide actual information on your account. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

Hotfix 9th of November

• Shipbuilding woods NPC deliveries slightly adjusted - they deliver woods a bit more often now.
  • All upgrades in the fire arms upgrades category slightly rebalanced (accuracy slightly lowered) % of muskets for crew decreased.

Firearms upgrades will still remain strong - musket fire during boarding using advanced firearms will inflict significant losses  

Thanks @admin for the update and the increase in PVP drop. 

But it was fair and balanced having my musket ship kill 80 enemy crew into their brace.

4 minutes ago, admin said:

@admin could you please take a look at the book of the five rings, too? Compared to barricades and other new upgrades its seem to be a little bit „underpowered“. Compared to the effort to get all the five books to craft it it could need a buff.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Thank you!

Looking forward to testing this. 

Looting in PvP is most of the time not an option, but so I hope it is adjusted to a level that compensates for this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

@admin could you please take a look at the book of the five rings, too? Compared to barricades and other new upgrades its seem to be a little bit „underpowered“. Compared to the effort to get all the five books to craft it it could need a buff.

I agree, @admin  Book of Five rings,... should be worth it is not easy or cheap to get, but i understand that you do not want that book of Five rings would be OP and that owner would steamroll everyone in boarding, but currently i kinda find marines is more usefull.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rouleur said:

Building Productivity

Prior to the wipe I used all 5 building slots to build level 3 Cotton Plantations and could make around 8 Cotton Sails per day through the use of labour contracts - farming and making cotton rolls used most of the hours.

One level 3 plantation now generates around 25 Cotton Sails per day without resorting to labour contracts (now too expensive) and I can't farm more than a about 20% of the total stock to do this through lack of labour hours! Obviously you can no longer have 5 of the same plantations in the same port, so some gain per plantation might be expected but the current productivity is far too great.  Clearly this needs changing as its a OTT.

You can hire more labor force in the Admiralty, by purchasing labor contracts. 

44 minutes ago, admin said:

You can access current data with the 'list modules' tool (check 'permanent – boarding' and 'ship knowledge – boarding') here: https://na-map.netlify.com/

• Like 6

Muskets still seems too powerful.

240 crew with single musket mod vs 280 crew killed 70 and causes enemy moral to go to zero (and this was not vs defence).

Previously this would have caused 10 crew loss max and some moral loss. So if you have muskets and the enemy does not, you win. All other tactics seem redundant.

Building Productivity

Using Labour Contracts was not really the point I was making as I know I could buy Labour Contracts. But its now pointless; the productivity is so high you can make 25 or so per day without a labour contract - the point I was making was that the productivity should be rebalanced so you need much more cotton per sail or the amount of cotton produced per day is much reduced. Being able to make 4 to 6 per day without Labour Contracts would be more balanced.

9 hours ago, Captan Thomas Fremantle said:

Why I can't fit more than 39 Cuban tobacco in my indiaman ? I think it should fit more than 39 because it is tobacco in smaller size ..

Which weighs more 100lb of rocks of 100lb of feathers?

I do believe that the holds "size" in game go on weight rather than physical size of items. All the trading goods now have the same weight. They are all just 100 ton packages of whatever the good is. The prices for those goods are where the differences like "tobacco being smaller in size" and etc ought to be reflected.

Edited by tipsypo

A server goes full, 2000 players. There is going to be enough bots in OW for all?

Before instanced battles took care from this but today?

How much slower/faster we get XP in the new model? Not ok if even slower than before.

It can be that you have to invent new kind of instance based missions.

If nations would be in war lore wise, there could be war related missions.

Some kind of events or roaming targets. Informed in mid screen. Can there be nation/player specific events? Like an AI pirate that has been seen in area X. Has better reward etc.

Can there be fleets that are only visible for player who owns the mission?

Overall hunting roaming bots does not feel engaging. Not saying there cannot be missions like this but these alone keep me "disconnected".

Example:

There is a pirate hunting GB traders near port X. Go sink her.

Sailing there and found the pirate. Marked as the mission specific pirate. This is spawned for me, only one able to start the battle. It makes it feel more immersive, that I get a mission and there actually is that ship.

The ship may have a papers/letters/maps inside. Starts a new mission, telling there is a pirate hideout nearby. Market to my map, sail there and there is an instance for me.

To make fast you can use the same swords to mark locations. Later with time make even graphical hideout on land.

An end dialog informing I found stuff from hideout and can transport to hold.

This kind of missions would make me to feel more engaged, that the NA world has an adventure to offer. Not just, "Go somewhere and try to find some bots if you are lucky and sink em".

Doubloons:

Issue with doubloons and sea of thieves is that I have to sail back to port after every fight. I don't have to but to make sure that I get my doubloons. Sailing has never been really fast in NA. This may cause some over head and slow down progress.

Something to consider. It could be done so that x% from the rewards will go directly in the money chest. This way everyone will have some progress. I capture AI trader, 2000 doubloons. 500 doubloons will go directly in the money chest and 1500 in the hold. This same thing could work in PvP.

In Sea Of Thieves, you sail 2 minutes, do a missions 5-15 minutes and sail back 2 minutes. You cannot lose your ship nor gear, as there is nothing to lose. It can be that you have to modify this system to suit NA.

In NA, I sail to sink AI 15 minutes, I am a new player, it takes 60 minutes to win the battle. I start my sail back, 10 minutes. I am attacked, 45 minutes. What I got in the end? Some XP and lost everything. I don't know but I could imagine that this will be too rough for many.

What will eventually happen is that veteran players will farm less experienced players to point they quit.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

A server goes full, 2000 players. There is going to be enough bots in OW for all?

Before instanced battles took care from this but today?

How much slower/faster we get XP in the new model? Not ok if even slower than before.

It can be that you have to invent new kind of instance based missions.

If nations would be in war lore wise, there could be war related missions.

Some kind of events or roaming targets. Informed in mid screen. Can there be nation/player specific events? Like an AI pirate that has been seen in area X. Has better reward etc.

Can there be fleets that are only visible for player who owns the mission?

Overall hunting roaming bots does not feel engaging. Not saying there cannot be missions like this but these alone keep me "disconnected".

Example:

There is a pirate hunting GB traders near port X. Go sink her.

Sailing there and found the pirate. Marked as the mission specific pirate. This is spawned for me, only one able to start the battle. It makes it feel more immersive, that I get a mission and there actually is that ship.

The ship may have a papers/letters/maps inside. Starts a new mission, telling there is a pirate hideout nearby. Market to my map, sail there and there is an instance for me.

To make fast you can use the same swords to mark locations. Later with time make even graphical hideout on land.

An end dialog informing I found stuff from hideout and can transport to hold.

This kind of missions would make me to feel more engaged, that the NA world has an adventure to offer. Not just, "Go somewhere and try to find some bots if you are lucky and sink em".

Doubloons:

Issue with doubloons and sea of thieves is that I have to sail back to port after every fight. I don't have to but to make sure that I get my doubloons. Sailing has never been really fast in NA. This may cause some over head and slow down progress.

Something to consider. It could be done so that x% from the rewards will go directly in the money chest. This way everyone will have some progress. I capture AI trader, 2000 doubloons. 500 doubloons will go directly in the money chest and 1500 in the hold. This same thing could work in PvP.

In Sea Of Thieves, you sail 2 minutes, do a missions 5-15 minutes and sail back 2 minutes. You cannot lose your ship nor gear, as there is nothing to lose. It can be that you have to modify this system to suit NA.

In NA, I sail to sink AI 15 minutes, I am a new player, it takes 60 minutes to win the battle. I start my sail back, 10 minutes. I am attacked, 45 minutes. What I got in the end? Some XP and lost everything. I don't know but I could imagine that this will be too rough for many.

What will eventually happen is that veteran players will farm less experienced players to point they quit.

its already happening.

• Like 2