Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

8 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

No sheeps, no wolves. It is about time we figure out this fact.

It is more complex than this. Everyone is sheep or wolf depending on where and when he is. Balance can be adjusted by making PvE more profitable.

Criers will always cry; of not having better ship, enemy player is cheating in his small ship ect. I do not understand the need to counter gank fast ships by jumping on Lotions though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

@admin Is it intended that you can capture AI 1st rates in missions? Becuase it is possible at the moment.

You mean capture it and keep it once the mission is over?

"current buildings were closed and wiped for all players (costs to reopen was added to redeemables) "

Sorry, but I got nothing. only the 2k doublons as a reedem.

Will this be fixed somehow?

9 minutes ago, William Livingston Alden said:

"current buildings were closed and wiped for all players (costs to reopen was added to redeemables) "

Sorry, but I got nothing. only the 2k doublons as a reedem.

Will this be fixed somehow?

Ditto!!!

40 minutes ago, Suricato Rojo said:

You mean capture it and keep it once the mission is over?

yup exactly that

3 hours ago, Mr Pellew said:

@admin Is it intended that you can capture AI 1st rates in missions? Becuase it is possible at the moment.

You should be able to capture the ship in the instance.. but you cannot take it out of the instance to OW (it will be taken over by admiralty with hold)
can you confirm you were able to sail it to port? Can you provide the screen of the vessel?  And final question. are you on the pvp server?

can someone please explain this? 2 exactly same fleet 1st battle no kills only assists 74 000 reals 2nd battle 2 kills 1 assist 22 000 Real...?

2 (1).jpg

2 (2).jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

its not so long ago we were stressing over losing gold marines and gold powder monkeys  ....and losing 5 dura ships ... its only change

Sorry, I never stressed about gold marines, monkeys or 5 duras, so I disagree with you.

2 hours ago, Mr Pellew said:

I farmed 5k doublons in PvP yesterday all with solo hunting. Yes I lost a 3rd rate doing it and didn't know how expansice it would be. but sink 10 ppl in 5th rates and you got the money for a new bellona. Sink 3 1st/2nd rates and you have the same. Doubloons drop in huge quantities in the hold of ships so don't forget to loot!

Man....  you had way better luck than I did pvp’ing yesterday.  I killed 3 players (Surprise, Indiaman, Prince) and ended up with 91 doubloons.  

Womp womp. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Man....  you had way better luck than I did pvp’ing yesterday.  I killed 3 players (Surprise, Indiaman, Prince) and ended up with 91 doubloons.  

Womp womp. 

Welcome to NA RNG. I still don't get why after wipe since we started to move away from RNG, RNG has returned to us once again and again and again...

If I wanna play luck-based games, I will start playing roulette or some gabling games instead...

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 4

There is certainly more people in the overworld. With 500 people online I cant sail 100km without running into a pvp opportunity. 

However this may not hold up with the inevitable 200 players online we will have in a few short weeks.

1 hour ago, Manbot said:

can someone please explain this? 2 exactly same fleet 1st battle no kills only assists 74 000 reals 2nd battle 2 kills 1 assist 22 000 Real...?

2 (1).jpg

2 (2).jpg

bug.. will be fixed
assists give too much gold. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, admin said:

assists give too much gold. 

Too much gold where, in this game? hahahaahah.  Have not they realized that to get money to be able to make boats for PvP, you have to trade more or do more PvE missions? Other than paying to go from one outpost to another or those huge prices for a tow request. Help people to do PvP, do not put more obstacles with each update. Please.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Nope, two empty traders

in your screen shots you hadn't clicked "sink ship" (a very important step). I tried :) 

5 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Nope, two empty traders

Yeah, I've had a few empty ones as well.  I killed 6 traders last night and only one had Doubloons.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

in your screen shots you hadn't clicked "sink ship" (a very important step). I tried :) 

NPC ships do not require to be sank to get full loot. You can board and take all hold with you (switching to their vessel). 
For player ships its different. Ship must be sank to get extra rewards. 

So basically in this patch ganking gets encouraged even more?

Pre patch, if you fought 2v4 you perhaps Managed to sink one or two and get some reward for it. Will still most likely die in the end though, but you got somethinh out of it.

Now in this patch, even if you sink 3 out of 4 and loot them all for a couple Thousand dubloons - if you die to the numbers gank in the end, it was all for nothing?

Message here being: only attack when absolutely 100% positive to win, dont take any risk, especially do never go fight at 1:1 odds

Great Stuff

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, Liq said:

So basically in this patch ganking gets encouraged even more?

Pre patch, if you fought 2v4 you perhaps Managed to sink one or two and get some reward for it. Will still most likely die in the end though, but you got somethinh out of it.

Now in this patch, even if you sink 3 out of 4 and loot them all for a couple Thousand dubloons - if you die to the numbers gank in the end, it was all for nothing?

Message here being: only attack when absolutely 100% positive to win, dont take any risk, especially do never go fight at 1:1 odds

I start to like the new system but this is a valid point against the loot mechanic of dublons. It should be fixed because ganking should not be rewarded.

5 minutes ago, jonnysweden said:

pvp tears = saltiest tears.  Great stuff. More income for noobs who compose most revenge fleets. Devs finally starting making worthy pvp content for the main customer of the game.

I'm more worried about this Change also applying to the patrol zones - hoping the RoE will somewhen be fixed

Safezones should be safe yes, but pvp zones should also be pvp zones

Also there: if you get a nice balanced 5 v 5 in a potentially fixed patrol zone, if its properly balanced it should result in something like 1-2 ships remaining alive on one side. But only those remaining players get rewards? The other side gets nada. Message for new players: dont go for PvP

Looting marks should get removed. System we had before was way better and encouraging also new players to try themselves in pvp; get some marks even if they sink

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Another empty trader for me.

@admin, this is an issue.  I like the concept that some traders will have Doubloons from their profitable trade runs.  But if they are not carrying money, they should be carrying cargo.  We should never find an empty AI Trader in OW (I have found several).  Cant control what players do with their traders of course.

PVE players  need to fing easily PVE ==> This is lost

PvP players need to find enough rewards in PvP ==> This is lost.

Sent by afternoon in Naval Action. ==> Bored, totally bored, earned nothing, lost 100 dooblons trying to transport to find some playable area...

Lost my optimism.

A game like naval action needs some simple economy, based on a single money (call it dooblons, reals, escudos, or something else, no matter) provided this is simple.

From the invention of money, 3000 BC to the end of the XVIII century, all moneys were exchangable eachothers, because they were based on the weight and the metal of pieces (gold, silver, copper)… In Naval Action everything is locked, fragmented...

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 3

Captains, hotfix was deployed to fix the stuck in loading screen issue

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thanatos-tg said:

one major thing i see is you get significantly more for assist kills than actual kills, should be other way around

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1553701747

Known issue, will be fixed

@Drunken Officer, cost of buildings were compensated directly into wallet for most of the buildings, shipyard compensation in doubloons was provided via the redeemables box

Constructive criticism and feedback about new interface are welcomed here: