Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

admin

@admin Yesterday a teammate was attacked in the reinforcementzone by two 5th rates and he got four (!) 5th rates as reinforcement. I saw it myself because I joined the battle. An other player told that if an 6th rate attacks, there where three (!) reinforcements per attacking ship.

I was also told that OW battles close earlier now. 

I can not find this in the patch notes?! Have I missed something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Raf Boom said:

this is not going to work very well

That depends very much on one's perspective. Tighten up your formation and you'll be able to help. Go to patrol zones if you don't like closed battles, OW is much better off with wysiwyg timers. Long timers (beyond 90 seconds, actually) just means magical teleports, do you like magical teleports?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Le Raf Boom said:

and if I join miles away so be it

Would be a fake feature that caused at least as much frustration as the current setup. If you don't like boring games why do you want to sail for an hour to reach a fight?

I don't like boring games; I was the Legends poster boy.

3 hours ago, The Spud said:

On the topic of closing timers, can someone update me on what they currently are for: OW Fights, missions and PB's. Cheers. (sorry for offtopic).  

As far as I can tell join timers for any Open World battle outside of reinforcement zones are 2 minutes, meaning the instance closes when the timer inside hits 1:28:45. This is also mostly the case for the battles in the reinforcement zones, as can be seen here:

If I understand it correctly the timer will stay open for 10 minutes ONLY for players of the two Nations that started the battle. For playsers of any other Nation the battle will close after 2 minutes. So no more spontaneous opportunistic gank squads, it would seem.

As for engagements within the capital zones, nothing new was published here and I personally don't have any data. So no idea if anything was changed there ...🤷‍♂️

My guess would be that kill missions inside the R-zone still close immediately. Haven't tested it though. I also don't think anything on PBs was changed (see no reason why). But maybe someone who was in one in the last few days can confirm or correct me on that.

19 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

As far as I can tell join timers for any Open World battle outside of reinforcement zones are 2 minutes, meaning the instance closes when the timer inside hits 1:28:45. This is also mostly the case for the battles in the reinforcement zones, as can be seen here:

If I understand it correctly the timer will stay open for 10 minutes ONLY for players of the two Nations that started the battle. For playsers of any other Nation the battle will close after 2 minutes. So no more spontaneous opportunistic gank squads, it would seem.

As for engagements within the capital zones, nothing new was published here and I personally don't have any data. So no idea if anything was changed there ...🤷‍♂️

My guess would be that kill missions inside the R-zone still close immediately. Haven't tested it though. I also don't think anything on PBs was changed (see no reason why). But maybe someone who was in one in the last few days can confirm or correct me on that.

As I understand it if you attack GB player in their Green zone players can join your side only in 2 min window while GB side does not have this limit at all

4 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

As I understand it if you attack GB player in their Green zone players can join your side only in 2 min window while GB side does not have this limit at all

Correct. Same for all zones, respective to their owners.

2 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Correct. Same for all zones, respective to their owners.

Sure about that. I thought a Capitol zone battle closed right away from enemies of the respective orners and that an enemie couldn’t attack you in the Capitol area. Reinforcement zone isent it 30 and 10 min. I could be wrong as I dont follow the changes in the game as much as I proberbly should.

On 11/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, jodgi said:

Would be a fake feature that caused at least as much frustration as the current setup. If you don't like boring games why do you want to sail for an hour to reach a fight?

I don't like boring games; I was the Legends poster boy.

You cant gank in NAL. :P

Short join timers only hurt players that hunt active battles + port/loginscreen camper/trapper

There is no difference for people that stay/sail together - tag together.

The only valid claim I see would be " Make tagging better" Distance to outposts+ spotting range and closing in speed (in order to tag) are a missmatch. At some areas its impossible to get players into fights because the distance to the next outpost is so short that by the time from spotting to get in range they alreeady vanished into the next port.

• Like 1

@admin

PLEASE make it so we can see the names of the stuff we have in the warehouse overlayed on the picture PLEAAASEEE it's just not possible to see what i have which is a big problem for people like me who have memory problems as it takes between a second or 2 to mouse over every single of that little pictures which don't look very different (also wouldn't hurt to add text to the port shortcut buttons for market hold etc etc)

366508239_Navalaction.thumb.png.c5f3048eab8fa30ec03f1c01d80c43ff.png

• Like 3

On 11/25/2018 at 1:14 AM, John Sheppard said:

@admin

PLEASE make it so we can see the names of the stuff we have in the warehouse overlayed on the picture PLEAAASEEE it's just not possible to see what i have which is a big problem for people like me who have memory problems as it takes between a second or 2 to mouse over every single of that little pictures which don't look very different (also wouldn't hurt to add text to the port shortcut buttons for market hold etc etc)

366508239_Navalaction.thumb.png.c5f3048eab8fa30ec03f1c01d80c43ff.png

each item eventually will have a unique icon or background color

• Like 7

On 11/27/2018 at 7:00 PM, admin said:

each item eventually will have a unique icon or background color

Is this really needed? We search and separate books in real life by the title, so why give books unique icons? I get color to help categorize, but could we not just keep the name/title for books at least?

@admin I think you need to re balance the cost of doubloons for 3rd rates. All big navy's more or less had 20 3rd rates per 1 first rates and 5 3rd rates per second rate. If you would rebalance it in cost of doubloons we would see more 3rd rates and deep water PBs. This is of course depentant if the ports are actually valuable to capture.

Also another reason people dont use 3rd rates is because 18pd and more or less 24pd cannons cant penetrate the ironclad l'oceans, So i would decrease the thickness on all ships by 15% to even it out