Game-Labs Forum

Need ship restitution.

Kartaugh

I just lost my Bucentaure in battle because I kept getting DCed, the game crashing and not being able to reconnect to the game. The server kept showing pings of 4+ seconds and crashing before connecting. Once I managed to get back in and was escaping the enemy fleet, and then the game crashed again. When I got back in, my ship was half underwater and the battle was over.

I'd like my ship restored, please.

Bucentaure, 3/5, WO/WO, with Cartagena/Navy Structure/British Gunnery Sergeant.

It was carrying a full deck of 1 Pood Edinorogs as well (the other cannons are easily replaceable).

P.S.: I also filed an F11 bug report.

Edited by Kartaugh
Rewording.

10 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Ping is usually a client side issue.

Nope, it happened to me before, just never in battle. Whenever it happens, I test EVERY OTHER GAME I play.....NONE of them have any issues.

P.S.: And the ping had nothing to do with my loss, the game crashing repeatedly and not allowing me back in did.

Edited by Kartaugh

13 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

This is, of course, the most effective way to guarantee zero action.

Well, I'm kinda pissed off that I lost a ship I had been given by my first friend in this game a couple of years ago and that was reasonably well equipped.

The ship itself would be the least of my worries, but losing the British Gunnery Sergeant attached to it and the Edinorogs hurts. A lot.

And all because the client/server started screwing up. It's understandable to be irritated.

I have had the same thing happen to me... and the ping goes to around 1533 ping then I lose connection, but I don't really care about pixels, to me its just another fun game.

In battle I have had disconnects and troubles similar to yours, I don't know what causes it but I say just report the heck out of the problem, this seems like a fixable thing from my perspective as well, and does constitute a rather frustrating moment in the action, it takes my computer around 3 minutes to reconnect, so for me such a disconnect usually means losing the scenario. But that does not stop me from raiding and having fun.

I am not sure if it is tied to a lapse in the world wide internet connections or disturbances from solar sources, I simply don't understand enough so acclaim such disconnects as an act of god.

Until it is fixed there is nothing I can do about the ping problem or connective issues, but it does not stop me from playing the game, I really do understand your frustration though and hope a global solution can be reached.

P.S. Was your ship sunk? If it was captured you could begin a campaign to get it back, a sort of long term goal, to recapture said ship.

Good luck all and good hunting.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

@Ink will review and will contact you in private if this case is allowing compensation.

internet loss most often than not saves your ship.

1. Server crashes save your ship automatically (instances closes and all ships are sent to log off screen) if server crashes. - so its definitely not your case
  2. If you lose connection we send your ship to safe space (in 5 mins your ship automatically raises ship sails and tries to escape) so if you could escape you will escape

Basically if it was an instance or server connection problem ALL player participants of the battle would lose connection, meaning all ships would stay alive (case 1 described above).

My theory is that you were DCed because of steam. Halloween sale started and steam does not work well during sales - happens all the time.

You also mentioned game crash. Your logs are extremely important here. 

client crashes are not usually the reason for compensation.

• If it was a prevalent bug it will happen with everyone and we will fix it for everyone and compensate everyone.
  • If it is a hardware issue or rare issue it becomes very hard to determine was it a man made crash or a tech issue (computer drivers etc) or was it a chained crash (like nvidia drivers stop working and then crash the game

But if logs show that there is something on our side causing fatal crashes we can recover the loss AND fix the bug. 

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Any plans to fix loading instance typical crash? Happens very often, it usually takes any action on keyboard to hang the game and pop a message "not responding" and often causing game CTD.

its a known unity issue (happens in tarkov for example a lot). Cant be fixed (only unity can fix it) thus - please do not type during loading.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, admin said:

@Ink will review and will contact you in private if this case is allowing compensation.

internet loss most often than not saves your ship.

1. Server crashes save your ship automatically (instances closes and all ships are sent to log off screen) if server crashes. - so its definitely not your case
  2. If you lose connection we send your ship to safe space (in 5 mins your ship automatically raises ship sails and tries to escape) so if you could escape you will escape

Basically if it was an instance or server connection problem ALL player participants of the battle would lose connection, meaning all ships would stay alive (case 1 described above).

My theory is that you were DCed because of steam. Halloween sale started and steam does not work well during sales - happens all the time.

You also mentioned game crash. Your logs are extremely important here. 

client crashes are not usually the reason for compensation.

• If it was a prevalent bug it will happen with everyone and we will fix it for everyone and compensate everyone.
  • If it is a hardware issue or rare issue it becomes very hard to determine was it a man made crash or a tech issue (computer drivers etc) or was it a chained crash (like nvidia drivers stop working and then crash the game

But if logs show that there is something on our side causing fatal crashes we can recover the loss AND fix the bug. 

I play on PvE and was doing a solo fight, so there were no other players involved.

I will attach all logs, since I don't know which one describes the crashes.

custom_20181030202549.log

custom_20181030202746.log

custom_20181030203557.log

custom_20181030203832.log

custom_20181030204148.log

custom_20181031052527.log

Profiler.log

unity_log.txt

On 10/31/2018 at 2:32 AM, Kartaugh said:

Nope, it happened to me before, just never in battle. Whenever it happens, I test EVERY OTHER GAME I play.....NONE of them have any issues.

P.S.: And the ping had nothing to do with my loss, the game crashing repeatedly and not allowing me back in did.

I can confirm that this guy is correct

On 10/31/2018 at 9:02 AM, admin said:

If you lose connection we send your ship to safe space (in 5 mins your ship automatically raises ship sails and tries to escape) so if you could escape you will escape

sometimes someone couldn't escape because they were left in the same place for 5 minutes

4 hours ago, Captain2Strong said:

sometimes someone couldn't escape because they were left in the same place for 5 minutes

This is what happened to my ship when I crashed, the ship just furled all sails and stood there taking the pounding from the AI fleet, while I was trying to log back in.

I then managed to log back in, put the ship underway and started escaping, then the game crashed again, and when I finally managed to come back for a second time, the ship was sunk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...