Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Tea Bag

Combat missions

Recommended Posts

Hi what are the rules in the combat missios. Let's say that I've taken a mission in the green zone, so I'm fighting a pirate. Can anyone join in in the battle, is there a time limit. What are the rules. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say for sure but I think combat missions in the zone either close immediately or are open indefinitely for anyone to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

I can't say for sure but I think combat missions in the zone either close immediately or are open indefinitely for anyone to join.

Way to give an absolutely meaningless answer...

Missions inside a reinforcement zone will immediately close after you join the instance. Neither allies nor enemies will be able to join. This means that if you want to do missions with friends you need to invite them into a group and have them all within a certain range around the missions position, so that they get pulled in with you as you click "Join as Group". (HINT: The game tells you which group members are within joining range).

It is important to make sure that the mission itself is really situated inside the reinforcement zone. So you should always sail until you are right below the icon in OW or even overshoot a bit, to make sure of that. If you join a mission at max range from inside the zone, but the mission icon iteslf was outside, the combat order will have normal OW-battle Rules of Engagement, meaning the instance stays open for 3 minutes (it will close once the timer inside reaches 1:27:45). Allies can join your side, enemy players can choose which side to join.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I think this topic is in the wrong subforum as this can'T be about NA Legends which has no open world therefore no safe zone and was discontinued. :ph34r:

Edit: Either it was stealthily moved by a mod while I wrote this or I need new glasses....

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

hey thanks for being a piece of shit, I said I couldn't say for sure so why the hello kitty are you drilling me for seeking answers?

Why answer on a topic if you don't know the answer? Better just hit the Follow button and wait until someone who knows for sure answers.

 

43 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

It is important to make sure that the mission itself is really situated inside the reinforcement zone. So you should always sail until you are right below the icon in OW or even overshoot a bit, to make sure of that. If you join a mission at max range from inside the zone, but the mission icon iteslf was outside, the combat order will have normal OW-battle Rules of Engagement, meaning the instance stays open for 3 minutes (it will close once the timer inside reaches 1:27:45). Allies can join your side, enemy players can choose which side to join.

If the mission is outside the reinforcement zone there is only one big join circle and the players from another nation can chooses where to jump in and on which side. Wind allways goes from west to east inside a mission with the player joining south and tha AI joining North. So be very carefull with missions outside the Reinforcemtn zone as enemys can jump in right on top of you leaving you no way of escaping

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow take it easy, mate. Just ribbin you a bit :ph34r:
To be fair you told him that it can be either A or the opposite B.
The question was already asked. So from an objective standpoint your post had no impact on finding answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Pellew said:

If the mission is outside the reinforcement zone there is only one big join circle and the players from another nation can chooses where to jump in and on which side. Wind allways goes from west to east inside a mission with the player joining south and tha AI joining North. So be very carefull with missions outside the Reinforcemtn zone as enemys can jump in right on top of you leaving you no way of escaping

Must have missed that change of RoE... Good to know! Thanks for the correction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×