Game-Labs Forum

Greetings Captains,

i would like to make a suggestions regarding ship DLCs.

The big plus i give these DLCs is the fast acces to a ship i can sail out and use in fights. Redeem it -> put repairs on it -> get medium cannons -> sail out.

And that is in my opninion the biggest plus in DLCs, when you balance them right (Requin and Herc are still way to strong).

So my suggestion: Make Hercules, Requin and future DLC ships craftable and available for all, with the DLC players can redeem these ships once in a certain time without the need to craft them. That way already existent ships can be added as DLCs aswell. You could add the Surprise as a DLC, it is still available for all, but with it you dont need to afford the crafting and can use it for fast PVP.

I hope i made my idea clear. Make the fast and easy availabilty DLC exclusive and not the ships.

Have a good wind.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Abram Svensson said:

Greetings Captains,

i would like to make a suggestions regarding ship DLCs.

The big plus i give these DLCs is the fast acces to a ship i can sail out and use in fights. Redeem it -> put repairs on it -> get medium cannons -> sail out.

And that is in my opninion the biggest plus in DLCs,

Indeed.

3 hours ago, Abram Svensson said:

So my suggestion: Make Hercules, Requin and future DLC ships craftable and available for all, with the DLC players can redeem these ships once in a certain time without the need to craft them. That way already existent ships can be added as DLCs aswell. You could add the Surprise as a DLC, it is still available for all, but with it you dont need to afford the crafting and can use it for fast PVP.

I may be mistaken but I think Admin said Ship DLCs were made to fund the implementation of new ships as ships cost much. If so :

• why not making in-game ships (such as the Surprise) cheap DLC ships to get a 'fast access' to them as you wrote (without forgetting in-game economy) ?
  • But I guess new DLC ships (such as Le Requin) need to be sold at least for a certain / long time (if not 'for ever) before becoming free (ie added in game for crafting, capturable or tradable).

A matter of business model.

Edited by LeBoiteux

I like the idea of making every ship crfatable and some (especially frigates and smaller ships) a DLC ship you can redeem once every 24 hrs. That would mean people get to choose if they want to craft their 5th rates or if they would rather redeem them once every 24 hrs for a small ammount of pocket money helping the evs finance the game in the process. Maybe make redeemable ships via DLC highly unlikely to impossible to be 5/5 or 4/5 o no one redeems them every day just to get a 4/5 and sell it. Maybe even make the redeemed ones so you can't sell them via contract in the ship shop. They should hoever be capturable in my opinion and you should be able to sell them after you captured them (yes this opens the way for exploits but as RKY pointed out:  This should be a tribunal casesuch as alt farming and should happen very rarely if punishment for it is harsh enough). If you can sell/keep captured DLC ships less nice ships with nice upgardes would go to the bottom of the ocean becuase they are premium.

This in my opinion is a solid way to handle DLC ships (after ofc nerving requin and herc) while maintaining a way to crate revenue for the devs.

I am in favor for having no random qualities for ship slots for upgrades, I say build a ship in game  you get 5 permanent slots and 5 book slots, DLC ship gets 3 permanent slots and 5 book, and maybe no bow guns. 

I should let you know... I have both DLC ships and use them, however I do agree that for their rate or package they are super strong right now and need some kind of balancing, they aren't as overpowered as they were at the beginning. Also in my opinion a purchased DLC should be just as capturable and usable as any other ship in game. I could see not allowing the DLC ships being sold in game for in game credits but at least allow ownership for capture and use plus experience.

At least then people wont say, oh rats its a DLC ship and I cant win by boarding him if I am too heavily damaged to run my own ship any more, it ends the combat to make the DLC ships less available to the capturer for combat use.

Just a little something to chew on, I think this would help with some of the issues about DLC ships, just make them usable by opponents after capture, no trade for ship allowed, capture only and no selling of DLC ships in game or trading for the DLC ship.

The absence of bow guns I would hate , but my own experience with the DLC ships sailing them and combating others that own said ships convinces me that if we don't want to see them in port battle combat the only real way to nerf is to take away their bow guns, because of how the game mechanics work, the absence of bow guns would make the DLC ships harder to use and less useful in port battles as one would have to sail broadside to make a good attack with the DLC ship, then I think we would see more crafted ships in port battles. The bow guns of the Le Requin destroy crew very well and if the wonderful ship has to sail broadside to fight, this would give the other player a little more time to react for maneuvering. Also if the Hercules lost its bow guns it would have to be played more like the other frigates in game that lack bow guns, Or perhaps consider giving the Hercules smaller guns for fitting, say maximum gun size similar to the HMS Surprise and keep the bow guns.

Please note that the current sailing format for both ships does not, and I repeat does not need tampering … only load outs should be changed.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

13 hours ago, RKY said:

This way those without dlc can have them as well, granted they are able to capture one.

You want one? Pay for them like the others did. So you want a captured hercules bought by others money? I understood well?