Game-Labs Forum

Temporary contract changes - MONDAY 29 Oct

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It won't ruin just trading, clans owning many ports will pay millions for maintenance of ports because contracts as the main income source are covering it. Just wait to watch clans pay 5-7m per day.

Since contracts are what I do this shuts me down almost completely. 

Not a big deal if it's not very long.

Edited by John Jacob Astor

8 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Well, as goverment (Devs) cut off the main source of income by banning contracts, who else should pay for it? We are months away from release and yet many things need to be tested. If we lose another few hundred testers, the game development might slow down or go the wrong path or even continue with hundreds of not reported bugs and exploits. 

What comes to my mind is that I see little to almost no ROVER players around last weeks while before they were sailing in small size fleets :) The more players quit, the bigger domino effect it will cause. You can't just implement 1 change without thinking of its effects, by only the goal you're trying to achieve (new Eco Patch). Biggest clans in NA are home to hundreds of players working hard together, that small temporary hotfix will feel like punishing them for no reason. 

Ffs making gold in this game is not difficult. I make 40 millions when I bother doing a full day of trading. Ez gold.

I think the biggest punch will be when this happens and clans notice their income going down - which ports will be deserted and become neutral again? And who will decide to take them during this time? :P

will ports with timers be reverted to no time windows? And those that keep their time window maintenances will definitely be on overdrive to keep their money supply up. Unless of course a clan has a shit ton of cash, in which case there is nothing to worry about.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I think the biggest punch will be when this happens and clans notice their income going down - which ports will be deserted and become neutral again? And who will decide to take them during this time? :P

will ports with timers be reverted to no time windows? And those that keep their time window maintenances will definitely be on overdrive to keep their money supply up. Unless of course a clan has a shit ton of cash, in which case there is nothing to worry about.

As much as I would love to see a lot of dead useless ports dropped this was kinda why I said no RVR during hopefully the day or two this happens so no can be taken advantage of or folks won’t get all butt hurt.

honestly most of the clans got the money to take care of the ports but some of the smaller ones might. Bit.  I keep a weeks worth of payments in the clan warehouse for a reason.

3 hours ago, Anolytic said:

How will people get repairs in freetowns to do PvP when there will be no sell-contracts for repairs? 

Stock up over the weekend.  I assume this will happen Monday.  Patch drops Tuesday or Thursday and tha. We see how broken everting not out in testbed is. 

On 10/24/2018 at 7:58 AM, admin said:

To provide smooth and easy material conversion within couple of days we will issue a hot fix for live servers and apply following TEMPORARY changes

• Number of allowed buy/sell contracts and ships on sale will be set to 0 (no more new contracts)
  • Number of days contract can stay live will be set to 1 (1 day)

This changes will stay until the Port UI and material conversion is deployed / applied; these changes will be reverted after the patch. 

It is advisable to not set a lot of new contracts before the patch and claim all resources that are held in unclaimed contracts.

@admin if y’all plan to do this Monday I would announce it Friday that your doing this.  Let folks have the weekend to get things in order.  Drop hotfix Monday.   Drop patch hopefully Tuesday.  The main thing is keep folks informed.  Make a post here and the. Put it on the server log in screen.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 3:36 PM, Banished Privateer said:

>Full day

>Trading

You know right people like spending their time actually in more pleasant way? We've got already full time jobs in real life, no need for one more job in NA.

You got a job? Whats next? You are going to tell me you got a girlfriend to. Thought you was devoted to NA. I am so schocked right now. 

The only one thats suffors right now is those with money ports. The rest of us have all the time needed to find money. So it is not a new problem. Problem is only big if only one player need to find the money. But if shared not that big a problem. Not if it only is for a week. But you raise a point that have been there for a long time. Ports dont make money.