Game-Labs Forum

If you've just been killed, what's your status?

Last night I jumped into a battle in the KPR area and killed the player that was in there.  On my Battle Report, I was informed that I had received no rewards.  The only thing I can think of is that he was "recently killed".

First problem with that is that there was no indication of that before or during the battle.  All you have is the swords and you're not even sure which are players (yes, in the KPR green zone, you would expect all Brits to be Players).

Second problem is the "recently killed" designation.  Why does it exist?  If there is a valid reason, that's fair enough, but then why is someone who gives up zero reward allowed to tag other players? 

I suggest that the "recently killed" designation be removed entirely and if this is not possible, then those who carry the [X] should not be able to tag other players (and maybe not even AI).

27 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Why does it exist?

It exists to prevent mark farming and excessive bullying for marks.

29 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

should not be able to tag other players

I disagree, because this would exclude those players from fully participating in PvP for the duration and punish them even further for losing a fight.

2 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Mark farming happens in plenty of other ways. 

4 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

I disagree, because this would exclude those players from fully participating in PvP for the duration and punish them even further for losing a fight.

Participating in PVP when only one of the players can receive any rewards is unbalanced.  Isn't that why the Basic Cutter is unable to tag?  How about if a "recently killed" player loses the [X] if he tags another ship (Player or AI)? 

Remove it. Its useless. If you dont wanna get chain ganked tp to outpost and go somewhere else. If someone wants to farm an alt, no cooldown just makes it easier to spot in combat news.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

I made a thread about this back in June:

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26046-recently-killed/?tab=comments#comment-554914

"It would be nice if "recently killed" players would yield PvP marks IF they are part of an attacking party. 

Whether revenge fleet or random encounter, I run into "recently killed" players attacking me all the time. It sucks because I have to fight a battle and receive no reward, its just a waste of time. I understand the "recently killed" mechanic was introduced into the game to protect players from being farmed, but if the recently killed player is the one starting the battle, they do not need protection IMO."

Still true almost 5 months later.

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Sovereign said:

The surrender mechanic counters the recently killed mechanic for those who wants to famr their alts. We have to spot and report them in combat news.Right now the recently killed mechanic is just punishing players who are out there actively looking for PvP. It is not working as intended and should be removed.  

• Like 1