Game-Labs Forum

Looking for respectable outfit

Returning player! Was on the American faction a year ago, ran with a smaller group. Reasonable level of experience up to 2nd rates at the time. Fairly rusty, relearning game from scratch.

Currently leveling a British captain but given my US west coast timezone I'm also willing to reroll American again if need be. I play generously in weekday evenings and every other weekend. I'll be staying on the PvP server, but a PvP-oriented group is not required. Thanks!

Welcome back captain.

Some of the fellows you might have sailed with may well be here and there as groups dissolved, remade, new ones made, and whatnot :) ; hope they get in touch.

Hope you find home again.

*snappy salute*

2 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

Returning player! Was on the American faction a year ago, ran with a smaller group. Reasonable level of experience up to 2nd rates at the time. Fairly rusty, relearning game from scratch.

Currently leveling a British captain but given my US west coast timezone I'm also willing to reroll American again if need be. I play generously in weekday evenings and every other weekend. I'll be staying on the PvP server, but a PvP-oriented group is not required. Thanks!

For US timezone there is France WO (kingofcrowns), pirates (christendom), I think ORCA in denmark-norway is US timezone based. Probably some brits as well.

Most of the nations have a sizable US playerbase. There are a lot more options out there and which one suits you really depends on what you're looking for specifically. Each nation has their strengths and weaknesses. However, I wouldn't recommend the US. I don't want to be that guy who says that they suck. I actually feel pretty bad for those guys, but it's currently in a state where many of the players are going to have a bad time at some point. It's just far too mismanaged. 

For an NA timezone I would recommend either Britain, which has a surplus of players to varying qualities, France; sailing with BLANC or WO which are currently the top dog of evening PvP/RvR, or the pirates. Though, admittedly, I don't see the latter around much so I can't say what they are up to. You can almost always find someone to sail with on the evenings, but you'd have much better luck at it on the weekends. 

1 hour ago, TheHaney said:

Sounds like Britain or Pirates! I couldn't stomach France. I suffered through 2 years of French in school before I finally switched to a more palatable language.

The evening French players are all English speaking, I am American and my French could use a lot of work. There is not much of a language barrier, same goes for pretty much any nation at this time (I would assume)

27 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Usually fishing for US sea bass.  

I quit running up there because every time it's either a cancer-fest chase scene or basic cutters galore. it could be 20 v 7 and they would run, as what happened the last time the evening French showed up. 

Don't come to Poland unless you speak Polish.. or you enjoy playing alone 😎

But yeah I would agree with the others to not return to the US. Most of the players who are attacking the US are former US players who were unhappy with leadership to the point they will farm their players 7 days a week. That has to say something to say about how bad things got there since you left. 

Best of luck and hope you find a good group to play with (there are plenty out there!)

• Like 1

In case you might be looking for a challenging situation, you could consider Spain.

Spain is presently lacking of players and is desperately needing other time zones players.

That could be a good test for you before the great wipe anyway and it would certainly provide with tough pvp fights.

Now if you look for rvr then I would recommend you to bring along as many friends as you can. 

Fair wind.

18 hours ago, TheHaney said:

The ORCA clan in Denmark-Norway is a disreputable bunch of misfits, malcontents and daredevils... But I like them as they are decent PvP'ers, dabble in the arts of RvR and they are in the US TZ.. @Sea Raven

I can say with certainty that I'm not going French, Dutch, or any other faction where half the players are across the Atlantic and/or barely understandable. There's gotta be at least one US west coast timezone group of players on the American, British or Pirate faction...?

EDIT: I should probably explain that I have an extremely difficult time understanding accents over teamspeak. No ill-will towards my European comrades.

Edited by TheHaney