Game-Labs Forum

Never give up French!

Pit Pinsel

On 10/23/2018 at 7:09 AM, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Pit Pinsel must be using a mobile device. Somehow it get the boards messed up every single time ... dunno.

Oh yeah I remember he created topic in another projects sub-forum  😂

16 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Im having trouble understanding this. Does it mean you dont care much what others do, so you like to do your own thing and are proud of being "rebellious"?

My clumsy syntax tried to explain that in French & Spanish community there is a similar difficulty to unify clans, there are always groups who will criticize and blame others. Too much passion mixed with big ego's. (not proud of that rather resignated...)

• Like 2

I have sailed for most nations in the game and my findings are.

British.  Big nation lots of people , lots of egos too many clans with just a few people online. Some nice people but some real dicks quite toxic towards new players.at times.

France, Big nation, nice people Zulu one and his clan ZF some of nicest people you can meet, language to much of a problem if your a Euro player though and don’t speak it.

Spain. Same as  France really you meet some real nice people but ultimately language will hinder you if you don’t speak it.

Dutch.  My time there was boring if I’m honest, simply not enough going on, lots of players  new player friendly though.

USA.  Simply no one around in my time zone didn’t hang around long here.

Prussia, pretty toxic, very elite and up,it’s own ass. think they are special but avoid harder fights and prefer Mortimer town area hunting.

Pirates,  Very chilled very mixed lots of individuals and small clans, good sense of fellowship though and much help given to new players who get attacked or need assistance.

Danes, very nice guys though lacking in numbers to get anything meaningful done

Thats my findings for what it’s worth.

Had very short spell in Poland and RUSSIA not long enough to give an opinion on.

Never tried SWEEDEN perhaps one day, just not keen on that flag 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fletch67 said:

I have sailed for most nations in the game and my findings are.

British.  Big nation lots of people , lots of egos too many clans with just a few people online. Some nice people but some real dicks quite toxic towards new players.at times.

France, Big nation, nice people Zulu one and his clan ZF some of nicest people you can meet, language to much of a problem if your a Euro player though and don’t speak it.

Spain. Same as  France really you meet some real nice people but ultimately language will hinder you if you don’t speak it.

Dutch.  My time there was boring if I’m honest, simply not enough going on, lots of players  new player friendly though.

USA.  Simply no one around in my time zone didn’t hang around long here.

Prussia, pretty toxic, very elite and up,it’s own ass. think they are special but avoid harder fights and prefer Mortimer town area hunting.

Pirates,  Very chilled very mixed lots of individuals and small clans, good sense of fellowship though and much help given to new players who get attacked or need assistance.

Danes, very nice guys though lacking in numbers to get anything meaningful done

Thats my findings for what it’s worth.

Had very short spell in Poland and RUSSIA not long enough to give an opinion on.

Never tried SWEEDEN perhaps one day, just not keen on that flag 

2lfar9.jpg

• Like 1

I remember 3 or 4 months ago when i start to play NA i joined the french. I met some very nice people there and unfortanely also some arrogant idiot clan leaders who are  willing to annoy the players that didn't follow some agreements with other clan nations. Well time move on. Your alliance with the dutch doesn't exist anymore. The english grow up and started to take arms against you.  Other nations noticed that the french weren't that powerfull anymore and now all wants a piece of land in the french waters. In my country there is an expression "who sows the wind harvests storms" so i think what is happening to you guys is all fair.

But don't worry about . The new patch is here and now the teleports are hello kittyed up, in fact  i think all the game is hello kittyed atm. So if you guys want a chance to take the ports you lost now is the time to unite and take on arms.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 9:16 PM, no one said:

I remember 3 or 4 months ago when i start to play NA i joined the french. I met some very nice people there and unfortanely also some arrogant idiot clan leaders who are  willing to annoy the players that didn't follow some agreements with other clan nations. Well time move on. Your alliance with the dutch doesn't exist anymore. The english grow up and started to take arms against you.  Other nations noticed that the french weren't that powerfull anymore and now all wants a piece of land in the french waters. In my country there is an expression "who sows the wind harvests storms" so i think what is happening to you guys is all fair.

But don't worry about . The new patch is here and now the teleports are hello kittyed up, in fact  i think all the game is hello kittyed atm. So if you guys want a chance to take the ports you lost now is the time to unite and take on arms.

when we join a nation, we inquire about relationship with other nations and we try to respect that. it does not suit you? perfect the exit door is open

Edited by CITOYEN Julien

It all started last may/june when an American based clan joined France and spread havoc. By attacking our allies, Spain. Whole relations with other nations were dumped this way, and our leaders seem to have been blinded with the promise of conquest and top position among nations, which we indeed acquired for some time. But at what price. Diplomacy ruined. While our true enemy, Sweden, was never pushed back in the eastern zone of the map, in Leeward and Windward Islands where it should have been done. So Sweden continued to eat our ports and the other nations joined. Finally the strongest clans left us, same idiots, who should have rallied the nation against Sweden and failed to do so, in exchange for some cheap short-sighted expansion in the gulf of Mexico which would not last long. What is lasting, however, are destroyed relations with former allies.

So I went to PvE cause I could not stand the picture of misery displayed in leadership and common struggle ignoring the Swedish danger. Don't know how and by whom this is going to change to the better again.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

It all started last may/june when an American based clan joined France and spread havoc. By attacking our allies, Spain. Whole relations with other nations were dumped this way, and our leaders seem to have been blinded with the promise of conquest and top position among nations, which we indeed acquired for some time. But at what price. Diplomacy ruined. While our true enemy, Sweden, was never pushed back in the eastern zone of the map, in Leeward and Windward Islands where it should have been done. So Sweden continued to eat our ports and the other nations joined. Finally the strongest clans left us, same idiots, who should have rallied the nation against Sweden and failed to do so, in exchange for some cheap short-sighted expansion in the gulf of Mexico which would not last long. What is lasting, however, are destroyed relations with former allies.

So I went to PvE cause I could not stand the picture of misery displayed in leadership and common struggle ignoring the Swedish danger. Don't know how and by whom this is going to change to the better again.

The "Useful" French clans left as far as I can understand because they were done with dealing with all the drama from the "useless" French. The US clans have literally taken every single port France owns outside its starting areas. Sweden was pushed all the way back past terre-de-bas and la desirade just check the NA 3rd party map thoughs ports captured 6 months ago were by the NA clans and left to the rest of France to defend. In the end the remaining French clans went full RP and surrendered to their great enemy, because they are completely ineffective and unable to fight for themselves. Anyway enjoy the PVE server maybe there your role play will work out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aster said:

The "Useful" French clans left as far as I can understand because they were done with dealing with all the drama from the "useless" French. The US clans have literally taken every single port France owns outside its starting areas. Sweden was pushed all the way back past terre-de-bas and la desirade just check the NA 3rd party map thoughs ports captured 6 months ago were by the NA clans and left to the rest of France to defend. In the end the remaining French clans went full RP and surrendered to their great enemy, because they are completely ineffective and unable to fight for themselves. Anyway enjoy the PVE server maybe there your role play will work out. 

Why on earth surrender in a wargame?

12 hours ago, CITOYEN Julien said:

when we join a nation, we inquire about relationship with other nations and we try to respect that. it does not suit you? perfect the exit door is open

We try to respect? What? Not attacking enemy traders just because the top clans are making profits? So your idea is to say what the new player should do or not do? Congratulations in ruining the game for other players.  I left France months ago because idiots like you.

17 minutes ago, no one said:

We try to respect? What? Not attacking enemy traders just because the top clans are making profits? So your idea is to say what the new player should do or not do? Congratulations in ruining the game for other players.  I left France months ago because idiots like you.

I feel like the game needs an actual diplomacy system built-in to deal with the nations politics rather than the top clans deciding what's what. Some type of system where all players in a nation have a vote on what the attitude or policies toward other nations are. Policy being run by clans in their teamspeaks and not with any actual game features is a bad way to go. Imagine actually being a new player and being able to look at your nation's political situation from the moment you start playing. If you broke from those policies you become a pirate, pirates I think shouldn't be just another nation, the whole point of being pirates should be freedom to act beyond control and rules from a nation. 

6 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

I feel like the game needs an actual diplomacy system built-in to deal with the nations politics rather than the top clans deciding what's what. Some type of system where all players in a nation have a vote on what the attitude or policies toward other nations are. ...

We had exactly that.  Top clans still decided what's what, and then it was deleted.

7 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

We had exactly that.  Top clans still decided what's what, and then it was deleted.

Well it would still be better, and as the population grew they would have less control, unless people wanted to be in those clans and follow them. But at least it keeps the options open and also gives piracy an actual purpose. 

• Like 1

It wont work because nations hold no power, clans do. A nation can say we are at war with this nation or peace with this nation and unless clans follow it, it does not matter. A system can be added into game to force clans into following what the "Nation" wants but the clans that want to do their own thing will just ignore it/ just leave then so its ultimately pointless. Also we run into the issue of clans switching to a nation/alts to mess with its politics.

16 minutes ago, Aster said:

It wont work because nations hold no power, clans do. A nation can say we are at war with this nation or peace with this nation and unless clans follow it, it does not matter. A system can be added into game to force clans into following what the "Nation" wants but the clans that want to do their own thing will just ignore it/ just leave then so its ultimately pointless. Also we run into the issue of clans switching to a nation/alts to mess with its politics.

The point in any case would be move power from clans to nations. Also as it stands currently I don't see the point of a pirate nation without piracy.

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

The point in any case would be move power from clans to nations. Also as it stands currently I don't see the point of a pirate nation without piracy.

No matter how many diplomatic mechanics the game puts in, you can't force players to accept them - they will either find a workaround or in case of fx. alliances simply not show up.

20 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

No matter how many diplomatic mechanics the game puts in, you can't force players to accept them - they will either find a workaround or in case of fx. alliances simply not show up.

It's not about forcing any player to accept anything, but why should a new player that comes into a nation care about what some clan he doesn't care about tells him/her he should do or not do. There needs to be some system to handle that other than word of mouth between a few clans. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RKY said:

you guys need to forget about nations and this shit. different clans, different interest. that is what RvR is.

it is so sad to see people being like oh hey i am diplo of this nation. On what ground? who acknowledged you?

this is not targeted to anyone, merely facts and observation.

I agree with you in the part that there should not be any nations. But as long as there, a better system to deal with them should be in place. 

Edited by Draymoor

"you guys need to forget about nations and this shit. different clans, different interest. that is what RvR is."

Every war that has ever been fought was fought because the 'interests' of one nation clashed with the 'interests' of another, every little tribal conflict was because one tribes 'interests' clashed with another tribes 'interests', Tribal or National the causation is identical. it is still true even when you substitute 'clan' for 'tribe' or 'nation'.

3 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

Nations should be an alliance of clans. Clans should hold the real power. 

Certainly, even in a nation, the strongest clans should be able to determine politics, but I see no contradiction in this statement to an alliance system that binds the members of one nation to made agreements with other nations. And those who can not identify with the politics of their own nation, it is free as a pirate to lead a free life or to change the nation.

The corresponding DLC does not have to be there just to place his alt-chars everywhere

++++++++

Sicherlich sollten auch in einer Nation die stärksten Interessenverbände (Clans) die Politik bestimmen können, aber ich sehe in dieser Aussage keinen Widerspruch zu einem Allianzsystem, dass die Mitglieder einer Nation an getroffene Abmachungen mit anderen Nationen bindet. Und wer sich nicht mit der Politik der eigenen Nation identifizieren kann, dem steht es frei als Pirat ein freies Leben zu führen oder die Nation zu wechseln.

Der entsprechende DLC muss ja nicht nur dafür da sein, um überall seine Alts zu platzieren

Edited by Hellmuth von Mücke
  • Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, Fletch67 said:

I have played as Prussian for over around a year now... we are hard core, but the players that are toxic are a minority, of course I usually play alone and hunt 300k away from land mostly so my playing experience is a bit different than the average player, I only recently signed back on with a clan and am enjoying a more structured gameplay, we win some and lose some, that is the way it goes, but most players playing as Prussians seem like pretty good gents to me, we play a hard game in Prussia, and play it because we enjoy it, you may never get invited to do port battles unless you have team speak or discord, but in the open world during 8pm Pacific Standard time there is a groupen of us that are on who just enjoy hunting and causing trouble to the unwary.

So I am sorry if anyone offended you but my own personal experience has been very different, some players use strong language when they get excited, just don't allow it to get under your skin. The best players, regardless of how they speak , should be the Lord Protectors of Prussia, in the end they will get the job done, and our goals for more PVP across the map will be achieved.

Sail safe and sail well.

Also I liked the old alliances system... lets just make it so its between clans only and not Nations. Then the French could fight the French and the English could fight the English and so on so forth, bring clan alliances in, I feel that, in my opinion, this would bring more political depth back to the game, makes it more interesting.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 2:09 PM, DesMoines said:

les gau gau...les gaulois !!!!!! XD

On est partit pour plusieurs raisons ==>

1-Jouer avec des gens qui veulent faire du PVP et qui n'ont pas peur de perdre des bateaux

2-Toujours les memes qui proposaient ET leadaient les PB (Cassard moi et peut etre un autre tout au plus)

3-On commençait à se faire insulter de gros clan zerg par d'autres Français...comme quoi on s'accaparait l'aspect RVR du jeu (pas du tout notre intention..CQFD la partie 1 et 2)

Bref...J'aime mon drapeau, là n'est pas la question. Jusqu'à preuve du contraire je n'ai pas ruiné l'expérience de jeu de mes compatriotes. Par contre j'ai retrouvé un aspect PVP et RVR qui commence à ressembler à quelque chose et créer de nouveaux liens avec d'autres joueurs que je commence à apprécier.

Ce n'est qu'un jeu et je parle pour moi ...mais je compte bien revenir sous le drapeau Français ....plus tard....à la release par exemple.... Pour le moment ...vu le développement du jeu et l'expansion INCROYABLE (ironie) de la base de joueurs....bah j'essaie de trouver ce que je cherche dans ce jeu en allant jouer avec des joueurs d'autres horizons. En aucun cas nous ne délaissons la France comme certains se plaisent à le crier...D'ailleurs ce sont toujours les memes trou du cul (pitounet et autre suedois "allemand" mal baisé) qui pourrissent le forum et le jeu.

Bon vent à tous et n'oublions pas que c'est un jeu ou chacun doit trouver de la detente, du fun ...de la rigolade...et SURTOUT...du PVP ^^

Bonjour et bien tu confirmes mes propos tu es mieux ailleurs bon vent !!!! 

On 10/27/2018 at 3:35 PM, Aquillas said:

It's a pity to see some clans, who ever left the French faction to go to Denmark or Spain, came back to France with the only target to kill the biggest French clan of the moment (EDR).

This made, they leave the nation again, mission accomplished. 

Being former EDR, I left the nation some months ago. I felt pushed out, I was bored of getting kept out of nation RvR and diplomacy. But even in these conditions and at the contrary of the NN clan, my first reflex was not to attack my former mates...

This said, past is over and my salt spread out, I agree that this is just a game. People go where they find fun.

And anyway, good luck to the Normandie-Niemen. :)

Les EDR ne sont pas mort donc il faut arreter de dire des choses fausses.