Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action will never suceed if that will continue

Dear @admin

If one day, You'll start wondering why such a potential was wasted, and the game never suceeded the way it should, remember the video!

In every single other MMO game, for something like this, people get banned as this is unacceptable.

Here, it's actually advisable

While forger DLC already makes the game killing it from inside, this video if purest example of probably worst designer decision ever...

Offer people something in return for their previous purchases, but please... For love sake...

Remove the forger DLC and multi-account from the game.

Edited by OjK

World of Warcraft has had mutli-boxing players since the early days back in 04-05.  I remember getting blasted by a dude on my server who would multi box 5 mages in pvp battle grounds and nuke players down instantly.  It was annoying, but perfectly allowable.  WoW has been going now almost 15 years, so clearly multi-boxing is a non-issue.

If you want to gripe about something, gripe about the lack of content.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OjK said:

In every single other MMO game, for something like this, people get banned as this is unacceptable. Here, it's actually advisable

While forger DLC already makes the game killing it from inside, this video if purest example of probably worst designer decision ever...

Offer people something in return for their previous purchases, but please... For love sake...

Remove the forger DLC and multi-account from the game.

First statement
Every Single Other? Are you sure

To our knowledge

• WoW allows multi boxing if button presses are done by a person switching windows.
  • Archeage allows multiboxing (without third party software syncing button presses) - there is an official statement online
  • Black desert allows multiboxing (without third party syncing) - there is an official statement online
  • EVEn EVE allows multiboxing if you are not using software to automate (allowed if you switch between windows and press buttons yourself) 

It is not obvious - maybe someone can help us to decipher the video, but from what i have heard that guy switches the windows..(its not automated and synced between clients). 

Second statement - advisable? Its not advisable. But its not forbidden. If you know Gabe Newell email (we dont) please send them (Valve) an email and ask them to forbid running several steam accounts at the same time on one machine. We have no control over steam client. If we had our own launcher it would be possible.. but we cannot rely on our own launcher being a small indie team. It would be great if they changed that. 

Third … Its not a design decision. Ship combat is slow.. I am not sure where you lead with the design decisions statement. 

But here is the thing.
A - we have bots and fleets - you can add 3 ships to your fleet. 
B - we are very sure its not actually easy. Lenin (the guy on video) did this in POTBS (pirates of the burning sea) and became in game famous for this, multiple people tried to copy him in time when the game was sub based (14 dollars per month) - but only he could do it. Maybe you can try and let us know how it worked? 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Let's applaud the new game expert @OjK 🤣

Could you tell me how many copies was sold in July, August or September?

Have you any information that game not generate income to developer?

If you do not have this information, then why are you creating such topics?

Edited by qw569

What Lenin did is a great skill.

I've done it a few times in shallow battles, just 2 ships however and had each setup on its own display. It is not a task for the weak, the fact that he's able to do it with such little screen space is amazing.

1 hour ago, OjK said:

While forger DLC already makes the game killing it from inside

How is it killing it from inside?? There where a lot of people asking for Forged papers 24/7 in the forum when the DLC was not in the game so I see this DLC a good decision.

Edited by Hethwill the Red Duke
remarks removed
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

we are working on it.. 

What do people mean by content? I see pvp as the only content there is and that's good. If you add more content, won't that divide the player up more? 

What content can one add that makes someone like Christendom play another 1000 hours? At the end of the day it's still sailing a boat in na,   firing a gun in battlefield or driving a car in forza. 

Its the same shit different objective imo. 

Or is content something like giving rvr more depth? 

Please someone explain what content is.

• Like 2

As a veteran BDO player I had a good chuckle, while you can 'OWN" multiple accounts you can't use them to do anything malicious.  So one account could be used to craft you couldn't use both in Siege to give yourself and advantage you would find yourself on the ban bus.  Basically you can't run them at the same time on the same computer that violates BDO's TOS.  I think GM_Tokaji stated you can't use the same computer, keyboard, and Mouse to run the accounts on at the same time.  So if we are to compare this to BDO ya boi Lenin would be on the ban-bus.

Edited by Tristan Wolfe

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

What content can one add that makes someone like Christendom play another 1000 hours?

PVP keeps me in the game, but content is not created in a vacuum.  This game needs PVE oriented content that keeps the casual/not pvp inclined players interested in the game so players like myself can club them.  If you checked out the test realm at all you'd notice that there are more mission types and challenges that will hopefully keep the bulk of the players interested.  It's a good start and hopefully not too little too late.  We'll see.   

TLDR - We need more stuff to do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

What do people mean by content? I see pvp as the only content there is and that's good. If you add more content, won't that divide the player up more? 

What content can one add that makes someone like Christendom play another 1000 hours? At the end of the day it's still sailing a boat in na,   firing a gun in battlefield or driving a car in forza. 

Its the same shit different objective imo. 

Or is content something like giving rvr more depth? 

Please someone explain what content is.

There should be a love + like button - I'm Lars Kjaer and I wholeheartedly endorse this message!

Personally: I don't really see the link between forgery DLC and the video, but nevermind that. To comment on each subject:

Forgery DLC is probably the best new addition to NA in a long time. I don't think anyone expect me to use it anytime soon, but I recognize this game for what it is - primarily a social game. If you don't like the teammates on one team, or dislike the options in one side - then you can switch and this option is by far better than forcing players to grind all over because when ppl switch nations then it isn't by the spur of the moment. Unless you're HAVOC ofc then you do it each month when you change the underwear..

Anyway - The option to switch nations ofc renders the problem of what if all the strong players switch to one nation, but that is a question of gamebalance - which is decided by the ability to wage a war without the "all or nothing" wars that exist on the servers atm, there should be an option to throw in the towel, negotiate terms and then be "safe" for a couple of weeks while rebuilding the forces. At the same time no nation should be prevented from actually participating in PvP or RvR (The only content on the PvP server that actually matters in the long run) - this means that all basic necessities needs to be available to the players and moreover that no module/special ressource is decidedly gamebreaking *cough* cartagena tar *cough* white oak *cough* (just to take a few examples)..

In regards to the video - I've made a piedestall for Lenin and I worship him every night before bedtime, I've never been able to focus on any more tasks than the one at hand so to watch this video and experience that lvl of situational awareness, the fluidity of the combat and the relative ease he works the windows I must say that I am thoroughly impressed - that is skill based gameplay.

8 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Forgery DLC is probably the best new addition to NA in a long time. I don't think anyone expect me to use it anytime soon, but I recognize this game for what it is - primarily a social game. If you don't like the teammates on one team, or dislike the options in one side - then you can switch and this option is by far better than forcing players to grind all over because when ppl switch nations then it isn't by the spur of the moment. Unless you're HAVOC ofc then you do it each month when you change the underwear..

Amen, my man. The included name change is very nice aswell and a nice addition.

Well. I feel like my post below will be like putting a cat among pigeons, as I assume that most of those, who replied above have at least one (possibly more) alt accounts themselves, but.... 

..current game mechanics favor players having multiple accounts (where each additional account costs) by giving those players an advantage in the game over those, that didn't spend that additional money. On top of that, Developers seem to have nothing against it.... If that is not Pay To Win, then I don't know, what is.

side note - I fully appreciate and admire Lenin's mutlitasking  skills as obviously If I had money and 3+ alt accounts, it alone would not allow me to do, what Lenin did in that video. So skill is obviously important as well, at least for this kind of alt utilization. But utilizing atls for the economy does not require skills at all while providing a significant economic advantage over those, that don't use alts. And that is Pay To Win in my humble opinion.