Game-Labs Forum

Finally got a Gunboat.
Loving using often small ships I eagerly sailed my new babe.
I fitted only pirate refit (not elite) just supposing she'll get full bonus as Requin (and almost schooners).

Definately the boat needs some love, even if I suppose being not anymore buildable model is fairly outdated:
- leeway is terrible: far more than any other ship I ever sailed. I could accept, granted very shallow keel, some more leeway, but really not this level.
- far worst: boat CANT GO STRAIGHT. Aside while running (probably due to inbalances in sail force between jib and lateen) ship more or less fastly turns to the wind. The effect is so intense that even loosening the main sail at beam only reduce the autonomous turning into the wind not completely cancelling it (aside having to slow down).
- stern carro is far more accurate than bow long: pretty weird.

Aside these correction, and aside hoping to have gunboat back in game, I'd suggest to allow both bow and stern chasers could be choosen between 18pd gun or 68carro.
A small buff on speed, granted buff got by schooners could be advisable too.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Did you get it from an epic?  I noticed when we did an epic 1st rate the other day we only got the gold chest and no epic chest.   It use to drop on the 7 ship you sank.   If we are back to only getting the gold/silver chest I"m not to impressed with the loot once again.  Splitting 9 chest between 6 players isn't exactly fair.

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Just wait to find out that once you lose cannon, you can't get it back with hull repair. Leeway on gunboat is so broken, you need to keep it turning every 1-2 seconds to correct your heading. 

and never fireship it, it catches on fire and cuase it doesn't have enough crew it instant fireshocks.....lol 

I do want one for the fun of it, but RNG hates me and others.

• Like 1

Thank you both pointing out other 2 bugs of the boat (indeed I noticed the guns not repairing right today).

Moreover, if possibile, something to be corrected, granted, also, the rarity of the ship: people ready to pay millions for such a ship just for collection, is fine... still may be someone would like to sail her time to time.

And ATM is almost impossible.