Game-Labs Forum

Loss of all ships at outpost

Gregory Rainsborough

Okay so I was trying to move my outpost of San Lazaro up the list of outposts from further down replacing Placer.

I've now lost all my nice shiny ships that were in that outpost. Any chance I could get them back?

I had tested it with a basic cutter but the same didn't happen (as it wasn't deleted) so I assumed that provided I didn't leave the port it would be okay and the message didn't apply.

lo/wo Herc

teak/ber Herc

teak/wo Buc (carta, british gunnery sarg, master northern)

teak/teak 4/5 Snow

teak/wo L'Ocean 4/5

lo/wo 3rd rate

lo/wo 5/5 Niagara

I can't remember the others off the top of my head but yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 1

it happened to me yesterday 

at some point, it s beginning to... 

lost 2:  1 rate

and a lot of goods 

it should be so that an outpost is gone but the stuff is still there...

Edited by Thonys

I've been trying to consolidate into a few outposts with most of my stuff so that I can organise my limited outposts more efficiently. It's more than I wanted my most used outpost to be nearer the top, Placer, the outpost that was replaced was rarely used, San Lazaro has been these past weeks.

I just wish I could swap 'em around and this could have been avoided.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I had tested it with a basic cutter but the same didn't happen (as it wasn't deleted) so I assumed that provided I didn't leave the port it would be okay and the message didn't apply.

There is always a warning when you delete the outpost that states to the player that all assets/ships will be lost if you close it.  Message always applies. Thats why it is there :).

But we understand its frustrating. 

In this particular case you could apply to @Ink for partial compensation (he can provide one time courtesy recovery first time it happens) pm him and he will investigate. 

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I've been trying to consolidate into a few outposts with most of my stuff so that I can organise my limited outposts more efficiently. It's more than I wanted my most used outpost to be nearer the top, Placer, the outpost that was replaced was rarely used, San Lazaro has been these past weeks.

I just wish I could swap 'em around and this could have been avoided.

well if you remove a outpost 

only the ability to jump to that outpost should be removed

and not your stuff

if you lose your keys, the don't vanish from the earth, 

the only thing you need to do is sail to the old outpost and ask for an outpost permit to use the harbor and the warehouse 

or what ever 

now it is data loss

2 minutes ago, admin said:

There is always a warning when you delete the outpost that states to the player that all assets/ships will be lost if you close it.  Message always applies. Thats why it is there :).

In this particular case you could apply to @Ink for partial compensation (he can provide one time courtesy recovery first time it happens) pm him and he will investigate. 

Much appreciated @admin. Will message him shortly :)

1 minute ago, admin said:

we all know it give warnings

we do it every day 2 or 3 times 

and that's just the problem 

in a hasty situation sometimes this kind of mistakes will be made

just like permit perk change cost, not 50 cm but 100 (and now you think no no it's 50)

5 minutes ago, Thonys said:

we all know it give warnings

we do it every day 2 or 3 times 

and that's just the problem 

in a hasty situation sometimes this kind of mistakes will be made

just like permit perk change cost, not 50 cm but 100 (and now you think no no it's 50)

yes i understand..But the problem is that the assets are handled by a machine :) … it does not know if you are making a mistake or not. We could lock the outpost deletion until you remove the assets, but in this case you could be be stuck with assets in enemy ports forever. There is a need to remove outpost with everything if you cant recapture for example. 

We will review the usability of this feature eventually... right now the focus is on localization and port ui - we plan to give out port ui asap.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Magallanes said:

I hope (we hope) in a similar situation , the devs reply will be applied in the same way for all players.

We recover ships in case its the game's fault. Also we can partially recover some ships (usually 1 ship 1 upgrade) if you can prove your kids deleted the outpost (confirmed by logs) but this only can happen once per steam ID. 

5 minutes ago, admin said:

We recover ships in case its the game's fault. Also we can partially recover some ships (usually 1 ship 1 upgrade) if you can prove your kids deleted the outpost (confirmed by logs) but this only can happen once per steam ID. 

Okay.. Clear to everybody, including Gregory... I've realised some of captains in the same situation and after send a message to devs...no reply or action was made.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rickard said:

proporcionar la prueba...

He said to me..no proof sent because he never received any reply...

Maybe you dont understand me...I focus in the admin reply not in the Compensation policy..Im sure this policy will be applied...

....."In this particular case you could apply to @Ink for partial compensation .... 

Edited by Magallanes

22 minutes ago, Magallanes said:

Okay.. Clear to everybody, including Gregory... I've realised some of captains in the same situation and after send a message to devs...no reply or action was made.

Action will be made only if there is clear evidence. If there is no detailed evidence you might get no reply at all, as is is not possible to reply to all requests. Requests like - "seems like i lost ship please recover wtf" cant reasonably be answered. 

• Like 1

While reading and thinking about this post an idea came to me.

Let's say players have the current 10 standard outposts.  Admin want's to charge dubloons (sp?) to swap between them in the next patch (which is idiotic).  How about a compromise where players can purchase additional outpost slots with dubloons and then you have to pay to maintain and teleport to them.  Let's say a max of 5 additional.  This would create a money sink to the hardcore folks who need and want these outposts and while casual folks, who will be the most affected by the pay-to-tp change, don't have to worry about it they don't want to.  These could be remote PVP outposts where you don't need to TP to them 40x a day doing regular stuff.  

Seriously - there is a compensation possible for that??? I have closed my Vieques outpost with a Victory, some purple Santi, if I recall well, some other ships and clan cargo, while moving here just because I was dumb (and maybe drunk a bit), and it never occurred to me as an option to ask for a compensation for that as the game clearly asks and warns You few times, before it lets You close the outpost...

But seeing this post it seems like I am dumber than I thought... :)

The compensation is not guaranteed if you closed your outpost after multiple warnings. But depending on the letter the admiralty might make exceptions. The only guaranteed compensations are listed in the topic i linked above. Family is sacred so if you kids delete something of yours make sure you mention this in the request sharing the story. 

This topic can be locked now.