Game-Labs Forum

sinking your ship gives PvP marks to enemy

vazco

when you board your enemy, move to his ship and sink yours, this enemy gets PvP marks for sinking you. This is inconsistent with a situation when you move to another ship and someone kills your first ship - then noone gets PvP marks for the sunken ship. It should be either one or another.

• Like 2

After you make the change the original ship, if you don't sink her, will be a NPC hence why it doesn't in your latter example.

On the original one it counts as a sinking by boarding and should award the marks according to damage done by enemy up to that moment ( and crew kills ).

Not tested it, but if no damage is done - outright boarding, change ship, sink original - I'm curious if it awards them.

8 hours ago, vazco said:

when you board your enemy, move to his ship and sink yours, this enemy gets PvP marks for sinking you.

Isn't this a first world problem for players who don't select fleet perks? I've only seen this happen in one situation so I haven't tested this in any way...

18 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Isn't this a first world problem for players who don't select fleet perks? I've only seen this happen in one situation so I haven't tested this in any way...

probably that ship has the black Plague ...

but i agree its strange that no single member of the crew can be designated as a mandatory volunteer to sail a conquered ship

that first  perk should be changed to a second fleet ship

that perk system needs a full overhaul on many subjects 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

On the original one it counts as a sinking by boarding and should award the marks according to damage done by enemy up to that moment ( and crew kills ).

A single shot into a ship gives you PvP marks for the whole value of the ship. I didn't loose crew, structure or sails, and my opponent got full PvP mark reward. 

In my opinion if you sink a ship yourself, it should count as NPC as well and don't provide marks. It would make it consistent. In that case my opponent was surprised he received marks.

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

Isn't this a first world problem for players who don't select fleet perks?

In my case it's for a player who captured a nice Trinco while sailing 3 indiamans :P As long as it's an easy fix, it's worth doing - especially since it gives a lot of space for exploits (please don't mention them here).

1 hour ago, vazco said:

A single shot into a ship gives you PvP marks for the whole value of the ship. I didn't loose crew, structure or sails, and my opponent got full PvP mark reward. 

In my opinion if you sink a ship yourself, it should count as NPC as well and don't provide marks. It would make it consistent. In that case my opponent was surprised he received marks.

Gotcha.