Game-Labs Forum

BATTLE Instance total size?

Norfolk nChance

Question

BATTLE Instance total size?

Question can anybody tell me the size of the BATTLE Instance?

This was my only idea...

I used @Felix Victor [YAM]. In settings, PvP, Reinforcement Zone [R-Zone], Grid, Plot Course.

https://na-map-test.netlify.com/

We are dealing with a flat surface in the game. So, using flat Latitude/Longitude coordinates from the [x]/[z] bug report [F11] feature I’ve got a square grid overlay [154, 179] [154, 154] [179, 154] [179, 179]. The length of each side comes in at 25km (15.5miles).  The area covered is 25km2 so 625km (388miles), it looks a tad small.

This square is just West of Mortimer Town [192, 165]. If the R-Zone is on this area looks better. A circle makes more sense with the center being anchored to the tagged defending ship as it drops in. Find the Area (A) of the R-Zone is...

I’m guessing based on no evidence at all here. Just using the Reinforcement Zones diameter as a guide 34km (d)/2 = 17km Radius (r).

A= pi  * r *r

A= 3.14 * 17km * 17km

A= 3.14 * 289km

A= 907.5km round up to give a small Control window

A= 1,000km (621miles) this is what I’m guessing if anyone can help?

Cheers

Norfolk

Edited by Norfolk nChance

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, woodenfish said:

if ships are capped at 15knots, that's 27.78km/h.

So in an hour and a half you can only travel 41.67km in any one direction,  so battle instance doesn't have to be all that big.

actually topspeed is 15.5 knots alias 28.706 kp/h

and a battle instance can theoretically last for 105 minutes - 90 min + 15 min after "battle over".

so that would result in 50.2355 km max range.

11 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

IDK size of the zone in the instance, but I know for sure there is no borders in it, or at least I never reached it. 

I'm with him^

Maybe there is a limit to the instances? But I doubt we can get to it within the time limit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, woodenfish said:

if ships are capped at 15knots, that's 27.78km/h.

So in an hour and a half you can only travel 41.67km in any one direction,  so battle instance doesn't have to be all that big.

Being the new cap is 15.5 knts, what is the travel range now? 45km roughly?

Open-World [OW] is roughly 2.7m km2 (1m mi2) on a flat surface. This allows for a Maximum of 1,200 PCs entry at any one time on both servers. This comes with limited functions.

The Battle Instance [Bi] is to provide a total of 50x PCs will full functions for a maximum of 105-minute window. These ships taking up to “x” PC bandwidths of OW normally. Its lower than 1x Ship [Bi] = 24x Ships [OW] because we see multiple [Bi] occurrences at one time... OR does the [Bi] consider the amount of ships each and every time...?

The Port-Battle window is stationary; however, an open world tag is not? I suspect the drop in to [Bi] anchors onto the defender. The attacker has no influence other than to keep in range and hitting the defender...

Would it be possible for a defending ship to travel 50km closely pursued? Also, and attacker in front ahead. At 15.5knts and a travel ravel range of 50km then a circle surface is of 1,000km makes sense. It won't re-create the full map for each instance...

The reason for the odd question I was just trying to break things... Multi- [Bi]s can occur at the same time, but I assume Port-Battles cannot. There must be a break-point to 105minute [Bi]s allowed. So, the server would block other tags...  

Norfolk

Here’s an overload or break example and test on PvP...

[OW] currently shows 600 players. This leaves room from a further 600 to join.

A Port-Battle will start on the hour. Does the game in [Bi] allocate 50x PC extra bandwidth over 105minute window? Or is it the drop-in plus late arrivals as they arrive? I think its probably just 50x from the off. This PB has only 1v1 to start.

After we past the hour trigger for the PB then we want to start multiple [Bi]s on the minute ever minute round the clock. Just 1v1s only...

Outcome1

If 50x PC are allocated per [Bi] automatically then the game will lockout after the 12th tag (PB + tags). This equals 600 in-OW with 12 tags x 50 allocated = 600 PCs to [Bi] with overall server total of 1200. This proves [Bi] Automictically allocates for 50x PC and the number of players is irrelevant.

Outcome2

If the game locks out any further tags and [Bi] below the 12th tag say the 5th tag. This would imply a higher break number to a [Bi] ship over a [OW] ship. Which makes sense with the slower time dilation and full model functions available it will need more bandwidth.

At the fifth tag implies 250x PC for [Bi]s plus the [OW] 600 amount equals 1,200 PCs. This gives [2.4] value [Bi] over a 1 value [OW].

Outcome3

Still accepts tags above the twelfth means the game looks at individual drop in amounts.

Knowing the answer to this and the area size above could act as a clan defensive. Or disrupts a much larger clan/nation attack. Sending your fleet out as individuals just to tag [Bi]s to stop or manipulate an enemies maneuvers. The PORT-BATTLEs will not be affected as they are pre-locked ahead of time.

Edited by Norfolk nChance

Add all gun counts and calculations for every one of those 50 ships - do the math for 120 guns per ship.

That's 6000 guns ( most FPS games like tarkov or arma each player is using 1 gun system at a time, not 120 :P ) firing and projectiles being calculated - flight, waves, location hits; for every single ball.

Now add all the rest - all lines in all ships commanding rigging, canvas, hull in waves, etc.

All runs server side - not like other games where P2P instances are created. Both methods have their pros and cons. I rather have it like we have in NA. 

• Like 1