Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Rainsborough

Griefing - Dbl 00 Buck

13 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

If any of you played the testbed, you will have noticed that it spawned you back into the OW at a different and distant spot from where you entered.  I have no idea if this was intended, but if it carries over to the regular servers ( @admin), it would help with this problem.  Add a little extra to the timer and a lot of problems would be solved.

It will fix the escape. But think most of the thing made with battles was because ppl complained about not being able to protect there wathers. My guess is, if it will be the same again(was before my time has to be said), there will be a shit storm on the forum. Allready it is close to impossible to catch those 15,5 kn ships. But if we want to reward the brave, remove all that limits fights. But stay firm, drop the complaints on farming noobs. Either we get a hardcore game, ore we go softcore where we try to balance things.  I prefere the hardcore version.

• Like 1

To just take one thing and change is i my opinion just not right. I am all up for a total overhaul.

How about that guy that just are 1 sec away when you make a defensive tag and therefore He loose a shitload of time and postions, because He has to go back to a join circle. Is that right ore do we have to have join circles lets say in Line of sight and you then join at that position. But only ppl saying yes there can join and the battle closed at once.

Join circles on land. Thats a fair thing.

If the captain actually get to port, He can’t get in to it. Does that seams right.

Is it fair to jump missions ore OW fight where the player had no chance to see the attacker.

As said I am up for a change, But lets then not just do a little twist, but go for a total remake, thats take all issues to account.

Edited by staun

What has been overlooked in this case is that up till the recent BR changes a Le Requin would not have been able to tag a L'Ocean into battle. Maybe with these new BR changes they need to consider some new rules for smaller ships tagging larger ones.

I understand similar results could have been achieved using a larger vessel to tag and that the issue raised would still be the same, but the Le Requin has its own special issues that make it a good troll boat for this kind of thing.

Frankly, a 1st rate sailing in enemy waters should be swarmed.  Even in RL, a lone SOL could have been kept occupied (or even destroyed) by small craft until some heavies came along to finish the job.  I see no problem with a Req (which I hate) or any other 6th rate keeping a 1st in battle till the big boys come to finish it.  It's a testament to Gregory that he fought his way out of it.

Well there is 2 question. The one have less relevante for the topic. Should there be s change on the escape from battles. I partly have taken part in that, But it just tick me when ppl calls for a one side solution.

The other is griefing. Lets me put some examples, that would be griefing, But I don’t Think anybody would.

We pull a pb fleet in with a Screning fleet, keep them tagged, so they can leave and join the pb. Is that wrong.

I tag a spotter so he can’t tell of the PB fleets mocement and position, keep him in battle without fighting, is that  Wrong

I am dane, and we have to sail a pb fleet from Christiansted to Fajardo. There is two enemy out there. Is it wrong to pull them in to battle and keep them there, so the pb fleet can safe to the pb.

I know we have 4 indiamans comming in with rear ressources. See a hunter, But all I have is a Requin. Is it wrong to pull him in until oure indiamans and the ressources witch is so important is safe.

Players get hunter all the time and therefore loose moral, even stop playing. Think we all can come up with a couple of nations. So protect my nations and give those playes a break, I keep the hunters in battle. Isent that a RvR matter. Maybe even a valid tactic, that should be allowed close to onces homewater.

• Like 1

Those are all very good examples where you are using what is known as "griefing", in a tactical manner.  By definition, you are not attempting to stop another player's enjoyment of the game even though you don't necessarily intend to fight.  "Tactical delay" as opposed to "greifing".  Should be allowed IMO.

• Like 1