Game-Labs Forum

Sinking ships and boarding

Just stay away from sinking ships till they are truly sunk. 

I agree with Gregory, if my ship is past the point of saving, I'm going to have all my crew ready to jump on your ship if you come too close. I mean why man the pumps if you're gonna sink anyways? And hand-to-hand combat vs fending off hungry sharks circling you wouldn't be a hard choice for most sailors to make :D

One of my favorite battles I fought 3v1 in a light Endymion vs Surprise, Endy, Indefatigable. I sank the Surprise, pounded the other Endy but I was beginning to sink, so I boarded the Indefatigable, took over his ship, chased off the Endy, then fought and won a 2v1 outside and sailed home on another Endymion. Their fault for sailing too close to me, thinking they had won already :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Please remove the ability to board other ships when your ship has no structure left. I would assume if a ship is sinking the crew is preoccupied with survival not boarding or firing cannons.

You understand what are you saying is the exact opposite? If the ship is sinking and the enemy gave the crew a chance they will always try to board to live.