Game-Labs Forum

Warehouse Thieves.

scottydog

We have had yet another theft from our Warehouse.

Today Duke Bigus Dickus of Wellington left the Clan after stealing  1000000 +Gold and Combat Marks from our Warehouse.

Last month Captain Barbossa also robbed the Warehouse and left the Clan. 

Apart from Public shaming what else might be done to persuade these sad people to stop behaving like spoiled Brats in a sweet shop?

Can we bring these Game Spoilers to The Trbunal or is this something that we must manage ourselves?

We have an instituted  30 day new member probation period. This initial trial allows new members access to Training / Ships and materials.

Kind Regards to Captains of all Nations.

21 minutes ago, scottydog said:

We have an instituted  30 day new member probation period. This initial trial allows new members access to Training / Ships and materials.

Maybe rethink your officer management 

Game mechanics are pretty clear. Once an officer, unlimited access to the clan warehouse.

Thus, IMO making every new player an officer after 30d kind of is doomed to result in occasions like this one

We've learned a hard lesson regarding Trust.

Members are supplied with whatever they need via an established officer.

Duke Bigus Dickus of Wellington and Capt Barbossa seemed to be adverse to joining chat. Barbossa described himslef as being ambitious to our Clan Leader.  So ambitious as to be determined to take all the Loot in Battle. That should have warned us i suppose.

Thanks for the advice. Regards!

5 hours ago, scottydog said:

Today Duke Bigus Dickus of Wellington left the Clan after stealing  1000000 +Gold and Combat Marks from our Warehouse.

Apart from Public shaming what else might be done to persuade these sad people to stop behaving like spoiled Brats in a sweet shop?

Can we bring these Game Spoilers to The Trbunal or is this something that we must manage ourselves?

only trust officers you trust 

if this is the second or third time that's happening to you it will happen again, so don't be naive 

-this is also a part of the game

-and its business as usual it s what they call economical warfare .

The probelm is that there should be level of officers, jr officers that can only get out things like repairs and than other officers that can touch the money too.  Ya'll say don't make officers unless you trust them apparently never ran clans with a lot of members and a lot of casual players.  It's hard to have effective clans with only a small pickings of officers.  Than again the way I get around all this is we have a crafting clan that all the expensive stuff goes onto and very few officers have means to that other than the most trusted, but it shouldn't be that way.

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The probelm is that there should be level of officers, jr officers that can only get out things like repairs and than other officers that can touch the money too. 

that's the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my life. You should be ashamed that this filth is near-permanently plastered on this cesspool of a forum. Just play the game as it is and stop complaining you big nerds.

Edited by Slim McSauce

5 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

that's the stupidest idea I've ever heard in my life. You should be ashamed that this filth is near-permanently plastered on this cesspool of a forum. Just play the game as it is and stop complaining you big nerds.

Actually, having more ways to set access to certain levels of items/money is a great idea. Its so good that many other MMO use that feature to avoid rouge players to be able to do stuff like this.

More levels in the clan and more levels in the warehouse so a clan can give some access to minor items and money/marks to new and untrusted players and limits on how much they can withdraw in a given period.

It cant stop this happening completely as a long time trusted player can decide to go rouge once being allowed access to everything or if that is in fact a players plan.

If Admin wont punish a player for stealing from the clan warehouse, and a player can change his name afterwards, this kind of actions will keep occurring.

Only defence is to limit access to the clan warehouse to trusted players and set limits on that access.

7 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Says the guy that gets kicked out of just about every clan he's been in.  How many clans has it been over 100000?....🤫(They really need a sarcastic emoji on here).

2 hours ago, Niagara said:

Actually, having more ways to set access to certain levels of items/money is a great idea. Its so good that many other MMO use that feature to avoid rouge players to be able to do stuff like this.

More levels in the clan and more levels in the warehouse so a clan can give some access to minor items and money/marks to new and untrusted players and limits on how much they can withdraw in a given period.

It cant stop this happening completely as a long time trusted player can decide to go rouge once being allowed access to everything or if that is in fact a players plan.

If Admin wont punish a player for stealing from the clan warehouse, and a player can change his name afterwards, this kind of actions will keep occurring.

Only defence is to limit access to the clan warehouse to trusted players and set limits on that access.

That was my point is that just about ever game I been in that had some sort of clan/guild structure you have diffrent levels of officers that you can in most of them adjust to how you want to run it.

Jr Officers can recruit and get into clan warehouse

Treasurer:  Can only touch funds.

Recruiter:  Can only Recruit.

Creator:  Clan Leader, though wish this had a better name to it than Creator.  

Diplomats:  These are your senior officers with same powers as Creator other than disbanding the clan or dealing with other Diplomats.

Senior Officers:  These guys can touch the Clan Gold and Resources but they don't have powers to recruit to this level or above.   They also can't adjust port data like Creator and Diplomats.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scottydog said:

Captain, warehouse theft is not a tribunal case. We plan to continue improving the clan functionality in future, but first of all, warehouse safety is a clan responsibility

• Like 2