Game-Labs Forum

War of the lovers revisited

King of Crowns

7 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

You seem to like history but you keep avoiding the time period when spain and GB fought side by side in the peninsula against the french ruled by Napoleon. 

That historical fact is not convenient for you, a french player playing for spain.

I guess that period of time is extremely short compared to the long wars against the British empire fleets, just check the historical war list between those three nation, you'll find out which side Brits are.  

39 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Don't you realize that you "the others time zone French" and others, you're hijacking RVR ? everybody knows the "timers" system is revealing for months a major faillure for the RVR evolution, it is mostly a feature that is unfair for both community of NA players as it works in both direction; its effects turn the RVR sterile.

Regarding the "Frenchy French" community I have nostalgic memories of the one I knew (with its numbers...)

Historical mindset ? why do you think NA kept the historical & geographical situation with these 3 super powers territorywise & ressourcewise ? those factions are supposed to be player tanks. We witnessed some good time where France & Spain against GB was a very well balanced conflict, within a somehow historical logic.  

Without this historical background but a fiction background, this community of players would be quite different.

I'm sorry to see that this "designed" historical background entails a corner position of the American faction.

Refering to the current geomap I was not sure that these new territories Omoa zone as being conqueered or lent by Brits, but they have relevant timers...   

France at war with Brits, that's nice, but to make it balanced, as you mentioned, Brits need more "the others time zone" players.

A balanced sharing of "the others time zone" players in EVERY FACTIONS would be indeed the perfect timer system solution... but so utopic ! 

1. sounds like you would rather not have timers? I can hear the "OMG you night flippers, go get your own server!"

2.There is no "historical" super powers in game all territory that is not starting ports are neutral. I thought the pve server player would know this.

3.Who are you?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aster said:

1. sounds like you would rather not have timers? I can hear the "OMG you night flippers, go get your own server!"

2.There is no "historical" super powers in game all territory that is not starting ports are neutral. I thought the pve server player would know this.

3.Who are you?

He is another spanish player, VLTRA member and main diplo of the spanish nation, who wants all the non EU players out of the server.

2 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Historical mindset ? why do you think NA kept the historical & geographical situation with these 3 super powers territorywise & ressourcewise ? those factions are supposed to be player tanks. We witnessed some good time where France & Spain against GB was a very well balanced conflict, within a somehow historical logic.  

I'm pretty sure the historical mindset went out the window when Nations like Russia, Prussia and Poland were introduced as powers in the Caribbean.  Or maybe Sweden and Denmark being major powers didn't tip you off to the not quite so accurate history this game uses?  and besides, If we're being truly historically accurate here... Russia was on the opposite side of France (and Spain) most of the time during the Coalition wars.  Yet you allied with them in game?  How dare you!  

I think it's safe to say this is a Historically themed Age of Sail online role playing game.  Players are free to play where and when they choose.      

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

steamrolling Russia for the past months and they hold Cartagena for the past year? 

I might have gotten it wrong, But think the fights betwen Russia an Sweden have been balanced lately. Neither do I think the Sweeds have taken many ports from Russia. Think it is 2. Do think the Swedes have lost more ports than they have taken.

Hold Carta for a year. Didn’t we have the merge in Januar, where the Russian was strong. Think they got Carta around there and hold it for a couple of  Months. So a year, arg can’t realy see it.

I know the first casulty of war is the truth. But I expect more from you. You are not @Graf Bernadotte ore @Admiral Horatio Homblower Ore are you?

Edited by staun

17 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Santo Domingo, Bani, successfully defended Russian attacks on Swedish ports, on top of that Russians are losing ports to GB like George Town, Guacata lost to pirates and even more failed attacks like Barranquilla, Coquibacoa and whatever else it was. Russia had no success in any attacks during the past month besides a port battle vs British BAIT clan? Only holdings besides Bermuda/Kidds are these around Belize/Tumbado, so I do believe the Russian nation was steamrolled but by combined forces of several nations. Mainly Sweden leading that.

Are you defending the russians? Really? The same russians that steamrolled GB, attacked pirates, danish, polish, dutch, french and swedish ports. The same russians that allied with half the server (spain, us) to zerg the other half.

You have clearly some hidden interests in russia, what have they promised you?

Prussia did help WO and HAVOC when both clans attacked Kidd's. What have changed? Do you have now some friends among the russians?

Edited by Admiral Horatio Hornblower

3 hours ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

He is another spanish player

Damn you're getting soft. *S P A N T A R D* is your formerly used expression. 

@Banished Privateer you took swedish ports which were rarely contested, a B-Team attacked LH vs a PvP player fleet in Requins and you talk of war? There wasn't even much salt. As long as I don't see screenies of pbs against russian, british, french or swedish prime teams I'll take the liberty of calling you guys a bunch of seal clubbers. Taking ports from pirates is like taking ports from the US: farming pvp marks and nothing more. We'll meet someday and I hope neither you or us will have excuses. Carry on.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Santo Domingo, Bani, successfully defended Russian attacks on Swedish ports, on top of that Russians are losing ports to GB like George Town, Guacata lost to pirates and even more failed attacks like Barranquilla, Coquibacoa and whatever else it was. Russia had no success in any attacks during the past month besides a port battle vs British BAIT clan? Only holdings besides Bermuda/Kidds are these around Belize/Tumbado, so I do believe the Russian nation was steamrolled but by combined forces of several nations. Mainly Sweden leading that.

Also, do we have to be sad?

George town was always a historical british port, same as coquibacoa for the dutch, same as guacata for the spanish (port that ALOHA conquered from them).

Do we have to be sad if the russians fail to settle in other nation's homewaters? Really? They attack the dutch and we do have to congratulate the russians for trying. Same thing when they attacked the polish at Vieques.

Do we have to be sad because the russians only smashed clan BAIT in a port battle? 

And most important, WHY the hell do we have to be sad for a nation that multiflip, zerg, deceive and do whatever it takes (even if it is not honourable) to achieve their conquest goals? 

@Captain Cid can tell you many stories about the russians and their ways when he was GNF.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aster said:

There is no "historical" super powers in game all territory that is not starting ports are neutral. I thought the pve server player would know this.

I would not bate on that feature being applied for final release, it was tested like the previous map version, like the timer system and servers, who knows what features will be finally implemented ?.

PvE player ? never opened any caracter in that server. Now if "pve player" was supposed to be an offense, you're truly wrong. You must be a damn proud pvp player to go that way.

I mostly love this game for its potential RVR events. 

4 hours ago, Aster said:

3.Who are you?

Celtiberofrog and you Aster, so ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

I'll take the liberty of calling you guys a bunch of seal clubbers. 

The same done by swedes sometimes. And not seldom. And by you too.

In your case, as for various old veterans, taking into account experience, skill and gear available, more or less 95+% of any kill is seal clubbing, ganking, or both.

By the way, granted the chance, we are all "seal clubbers" (yes, all: also seals gang up and gank around).

So can we get rid of this silly way of insulting each other? In the end it's an insult perfectly fitting also for those using it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Are you trying to imply that Brits never multifliped and will never do that in the future?

I don't tell anyone to be sad about Russia, I just prove the point that Russia is on a downhill in a process of being steamrolled.

Are you trying to be smart with me? 

Late GB conquests weren't achieved by multiflips.

Now, can we compare with russia? Russia and France have been multiflipping sweden since the russians began the war. Btw, I would love to remind our community how REDS and anolytic tried to deceive us with his thread "russia cancelling all treaties".

And russia is not in a downhill. You can't be on a downhill when in the last weeks they decided to attack british, dutch, danish and swedish ports.

And you have always said the same about Kidd's and Bermuda, "a carebear heaven where they are always safe".

So, what has it happened for this sudden change of mind? ALOHA supported WO and HAVOC attacks on Kidds, against the russians. Do I have to look for the screenshot?

9 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

i made this 2 years ago

aGDEzOx.jpg

nothing changes

Haha coincidentally this is the first time in 2 years GB has any reason to be proud. Its also funny to note this was your exact same strategy for the last year and a half lmao. The wheels gonna keep turning bud.

Edited by Potemkin

2 hours ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Are you defending the russians? Really? The same russians that steamrolled GB, attacked pirates, danish, polish, dutch, french and swedish ports. The same russians that allied with half the server (spain, us) to zerg the other half.

Really? One single Russian clan "steamrolled" GB, the largest playerbase in the game? Every port we attacked, Brits defended with twice our numbers - until they gave up after a couple of bad losses and only defended the odd port, while shifting their vast numbers to bullying the Prussians who were then down in Panama. We only took ports from Brits because GB owned 2/3 of the map at the time and needed shrinking. We would have stopped attacking brits many weeks earlier, but devs introduced the stupid winner-takes-all Conquest marks system, which meant it only made sense to attack whatever nation was at the top of the leaderboard, and that was still brits. When we did stop, brits were still top 3.

Spain and USA was never "half the server" - no matter how you count. We only allied with them because they were both struggling and loosing their respective wars at the time. They needed help, and it gave us something to do. Almost all territory that we took from GB back then was territory that Spain had in turn lost to Britain "steamrolling" them in the Gulf and the Yukatan. Most of it we gave back to Spain.

You're so concerned with history, but you have very spotty memory. "The Russians" were the same players as those who as Danes a few months earlier were the only ones to help brits when they were absolutely desperate, having no ports yielding conquest marks after the disaster at Sant Iago, following the wipe and devs' first iteration of a conquest marks system. Until we gave Brits a hand, you struggled to even field a full Agamemnon-fleet, let alone any first or second rates, and all other nations were harassing Britain.

Since the arrival of the new nations, Russia has attacked ports of every single other nation, including Spain and USA. So what? We are not constrained to always have the same allies or enemies. We always, when we were able, helped weaker nations that struggled, and we never accepted that some nations should be able to hold onto most of the ports on the map and bully other nations without being challenged at all. We attacked Sweden the first time around because they were bullying every other nation, including Britain. Yet all the other nations were too cowardly to help us fight back. The whole server had fallen into the aptly named Stockholm Syndrome, even helping Sweden defend ports they themselves had lost to Sweden.

Long before Banished or most of the current Prussians joined that nation, Russia offered to help Prussia defend their last ports in Panama, when several nations were attacking them. We were also the only nation to help Poland get their capital Barahona back, after they lost it to pirates, even though they were still allied with Sweden, our enemy. For months we also diverged from our own interests, solely to help the Dutch in their every effort to recapturing their territory, and we spent weeks to help the pirates.

This time around Sweden, who alone has at least three times our numbers, still allies with two of the other biggest nations on the map, GB and Dutch, in addition to their vassals the Danes and the Polish, so that they can screen us out of every battle. 

EDIT:

55 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Russia and France have been multiflipping sweden since the russians began the war. Btw, I would love to remind our community how REDS and anolytic tried to deceive us with his thread "russia cancelling all treaties".

Russia didn't begin that war. It began only when Sweden betrayed their word and backstabbed us, without provocation.

There are only two reasons to multiflip, and they are that it is the only way to have any chance to get by the screening when you fight a nation that vastly outnumber you, and also when the only way to help another nation take back their lost territory is to occupy their main forces on another front. It gave a bad taste back when we multiflipped a relatively small clan like RUBLI, but it was the only way that Poland was ever going to be able to take back Barahona where PFK's clan warehouse lay, if RUBLI was busy elsewhere and the port was empty.

Also, there was no deception. We cancelled all treaties. We have no commitments binding us to any other nations. But we do still try to help nations that are struggling. What would you have us do? Pile on to the rush to take Spanish empty ports? No thanks. And the US has no ports to take. It is neither history nor relationships or preference that prevent us from more drastically altering our stance towards Spain or US. It is that you guys are doing such a good job taking empty, worthless ports from them.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

We will wait and see if GB multiflips or not. If you think I'm a Russian lover, you're wrong. I'm just being objective and not biased with Spanish-Russian hatred rooted deep inside the mind.

I have met so far a good amount of polish people.

Generally speaking, you are usually quite passionate people.

It is hard for them to be objective, and when I see what is prussia currently doing to the pirates I can't imagine you being an objective individual..

56 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Really? One single Russian clan "steamrolled" GB, the largest playerbase in the game? Every port we attacked, Brits defended with twice our numbers - until they gave up after a couple of bad losses and only defended the odd port, while shifting their vast numbers to bullying the Prussians who were then down in Panama. We only took ports from Brits because GB owned 2/3 of the map at the time and needed shrinking. We would have stopped attacking brits many weeks earlier, but devs introduced the stupid winner-takes-all Conquest marks system, which meant it only made sense to attack whatever nation was at the top of the leaderboard, and that was still brits. When we did stop, brits were still top 3.

Spain and USA was never "half the server" - no matter how you count. We only allied with them because they were both struggling and loosing their respective wars at the time. They needed help, and it gave us something to do. Almost all territory that we took from GB back then was territory that Spain had in turn lost to Britain "steamrolling" them in the Gulf and the Yukatan. Most of it we gave back to Spain.

You're so concerned with history, but you have very spotty memory. "The Russians" were the same players as those who as Danes a few months earlier were the only ones to help brits when they were absolutely desperate, having no ports yielding conquest marks after the disaster at Sant Iago, following the wipe and devs' first iteration of a conquest marks system. Until we gave Brits a hand, you struggled to even field a full Agamemnon-fleet, let alone any first or second rates, and all other nations were harassing Britain.

Since the arrival of the new nations, Russia has attacked ports of every single other nation, including Spain and USA. So what? We are not constrained to always have the same allies or enemies. We always, when we were able, helped weaker nations that struggled, and we never accepted that some nations should be able to hold onto most of the ports on the map and bully other nations without being challenged at all. We attacked Sweden the first time around because they were bullying every other nation, including Britain. Yet all the other nations were too cowardly to help us fight back. The whole server had fallen into the aptly named Stockholm Syndrome, even helping Sweden defend ports they themselves had lost to Sweden.

Long before Banished or most of the current Prussians joined that nation, Russia offered to help Prussia defend their last ports in Panama, when several nations were attacking them. We were also the only nation to help Poland get their capital Barahona back, after they lost it to pirates, even though they were still allied with Sweden, our enemy. For months we also diverged from our own interests, solely to help the Dutch in their every effort to recapturing their territory, and we spent weeks to help the pirates.

This time around Sweden, who alone has at least three times our numbers, still allies with two of the other biggest nations on the map, GB and Dutch, in addition to their vassals the Danes and the Polish, so that they can screen us out of every battle. 

Liar, keep your fake propaganda to your REDS recruitment thread and "russia cancelling all treaties".

You gave us access to an agamenon fleet to buy our loyalty to you, because RDNN wanted to declare war to the swedish and needed every big nation in the server to multiflip them. You have been doing always the same, multiflips and more multiflips.

I forgot the french who were also friends to russia. And you kept trying to get more and more nations to your side.

GB was one the nations that suffered most because of the server split, we lost most of our best players, so what the hell are you talking about.

You didn't come to help the spanish because they were in trouble. You came because you needed to boost your morale with easy wins after the epic defeats against rediii and sweden.

Do you remember how did you take turnefe? Hiding in a battle arranged with the spanish. 

You have never cared about other nations, you only want to show the server you are the best rvr players, the clever boys with the best PB fleet. You lost that title when rediii and sweden defeated several times the RDNN+RUS fleet and since then you have been trying to recover it, desperately. 

That is the reason of your wars against sweden, pure ego. 

You tried to make friends only with one goal in mind, the biggest multiflip ever made against Sweden so you could claim victory. Like cowards.

You use nations as paper toilet, you haven't helped the spanish in their downfall and you attacked the dutch (a weak nation, by your own definition) at Barahona (which was a  breaking point for them as they considered russia friendly). All of this proves the point that all your post is full of lies, discrepancies and fake propaganda so the server can look at russia with good eyes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

All of this proves the point that all your post is full of lies, discrepancies and fake propaganda so the server can look at russia with good eyes.

This perfectly describes you and what you try to do with GB every time you post. Well done chap

Edited by Potemkin

5 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Chap, weren't you a REDS member? Now 7UP if I'm correct.

Yessir, but thats not really relevant to what im saying. What im saying is essentially that you are the personification of fake news and that you're the mother of all skidmarks on the underwear of NA :) pls dont ever leave GB 

Edited by Potemkin

8 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Yessir, but thats not really relevant to what im saying. What im saying is essentially that you are the personification of fake news and that you're the mother of all skidmarks on the underwear of NA :)

You were there, you just don't want to recognize your own shit.

It is normal chap, I understand you. It requires a level of maturity that not everyone can reach it.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

You are powered by hatred. I might dislike Spain & Russia, but I can still point out actual facts and even mention a good thing about them. 100% of your posts only spit with hatred. 

Give me time and I will find out why you can mention a good thing about them.

And my hatred came from what they did to my nation and my friends. Unlike you banished, I see what they are trying to do and how.

Same people, same ideas.

BF is in russia but REDS+RUS too, so banished try harder to get the bigger picture. REDS is leading russia now, not BF.