Game-Labs Forum

I'm putting this suggestion here in hope it will get a Developer's attention. 

I can't stress this enough; I and numerous L-50 crafters in our Clan all feel strongly that WE need to be able to craft higher quality purple and gold ships, please consider taking the drop-by-chance out of the mix or increase it. I suggest a recipe of an extra "something" will give the crafter important satisfaction to making a special ship. Maybe a specialized additional permit from Admiralty stating "This is to be applied to one exceptional quality ship" (purple) and a more expensive permit for Gold quality.  

Edited by Bubba Smith
  • Like 6

Using a port in the middle of nowhere yesterday, first time there.

2 surprises came out blue 4/5 no extra refit and a 3/5 very fast

1 xebec 5/5 strong rig

That's 3 ships non standard. 100% not 3/5 no extra.

I mean... i was totally contracting the wrong shipyard guys at the wrong place :) 

• Like 1

i lost the count of how many l'hermiones i pumped out.

how many privateers and snows

how many cherubims

all 3/5 blue... nothing else.

Still, worth to change the crafting spot. Just for the sake of.... let's try there... and there....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Using a port in the middle of nowhere yesterday, first time there.

2 surprises came out blue 4/5 no extra refit and a 3/5 very fast

1 xebec 5/5 strong rig

That's 3 ships non standard. 100% not 3/5 no extra.

I mean... i was totally contracting the wrong shipyard guys at the wrong place :) 

My last 5 ships came out :

3 nothing special 3/5. 

1 strong rig and 1 sturdy. 

5 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

i lost the count of how many l'hermiones i pumped out.

how many privateers and snows

how many cherubims

all 3/5 blue... nothing else.

Still, worth to change the crafting spot. Just for the sake of.... let's try there... and there....

Thanks for your comment (almost spelled it Komment), I think we can agree a simple workable system will be better. 

Edited by Bubba Smith

3 minutes ago, Bubba Smith said:

I think we can agree a simple workable system will be better. 

I'm sorry but the whole idea is to make gold ships super--duper rare. We're not supposed to be able to quality control anything. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Bubba Smith said:

How, we have our shipyards in Grand Turk. Which will be better?

Some other spot. I mostly use notes, but also use yards level 1. This spot i use now is NOT even the fourth i tried. Actually i think it is the 6th different region i tried. ( across 3 different nations using the papers )

Getting to crafting level 50 is a matter of two days maximum. First day setting up your infrastructure, second day pumping out ships. With a little help from your friends you’re there even quicker. So, basically anyone into crafting is level 50. Therefore if purple and gold ships are calculable everyone will demand a golden ship from their crafter. At the end of the day this would just increase prices, nothing else. Gold would be the new blue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Some other spot. I mostly use notes, but also use yards level 1. This spot i use now is NOT even the fourth i tried. Actually i think it is the 6th different region i tried. ( across 3 different nations using the papers )

I think you have to pump out at least 50 ships for statistics to yielding any information about the quality of the spot. Have you done so in every prior attempt?

That would be an impressive fleet indeed! :)

19 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Is it that easy now? I remember grinding for weeks (months?) The first time around.

I remember that well. Limiting factor was your daily dose of labour hours. This is gone since you could convert combat marks into Labour contracts without limit.

56 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

No way dude u less you have stacks and stacks of resources and labor contracts already stockpiled which does take more time than 2 days lol

Not to mention hours and hours and hours of crafting. I can't imagine L50 in 2 days... I agree no way. 

Crafted 50 ships in the last week. Two golden, 7 purple, 26 with trim, rest plain 3/5. Two different ports, none of them in RIZ. That's ~20% purple or better, sounds fine to me, perhaps even too much. Just don't make the mistake to not use them because they are rare. They sink like every other of our beloved pixels.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Bubba Smith said:

What about a crafter reward system that will hand out one purple upgrade certificate per 20-25 builds crafts (for exampe) and one Gold certificate per 50 builds, then at least the builder can decide what and when. 

25 fir fir t-lynx to make a golden ocean? no way this is what people will do...

• Like 5

The RNG has no - AND I MEAN NO - place in a game that terms itself as "Hardcore and realistic". There is simply no realism in a lvl 50 crafter getting a ship of inferior quality of a lvl 10 crafter.. Then I'd much rather have the fine woods back.. That would at least stimulate economy in the long run rather than have everyone and their alts crafting ships to be broken up..

I'd like to have the randomness slightly mitigated.
The crafting window already has a room for an "extra" section at the end of the recipe, but no extra could be added.
I would not say I'd like to have full control for the production of golden ships, but at least make it possible for crafter to have at the control on purple quality via some extra requirements and only those purples may be at random come out gold or stay purple.
The introduction of extra requirements will also stimulate the trading or economy, if those extras ingredients of the recipe are targeted goods, resources, items or even buildings or other facilities, introducing more variety to the crafting process with easily implementable system.
I don't know wheter if and to which extent location is a factor currently influencing the quality of crafting, or not  but of course a shipbuilding tradition of certain region or the presence of certain material in the location may determine certain better (or worse) results in the crafted ship.
Resuming the concept, less randomness and more logic may improve the crafting experience.

• Like 1