Game-Labs Forum

Hi guys! I am new here so I hope these ideas are helpful in some way!

Hello as the title said, I am indeed new, but in a little, under a month I am well on my way to 300 hours, so I have fallen in love with the potential of this game. I have a few ideas that might be decent or might just immediately shut down I do not know, and due to my newness on the forums, I am not 100% sure they have not been brought up.

The first potential idea that is potentially a ways away but could possibly create content for every player is one of the upgrade-able cities. Now, this can add a gateway to a lot of content. It adds yet more weight to the Port Battle aspect of the game and creates a form of a money sink for clans to sink into to protect their favorite ports. What I mean by this is make it to where we can potentially upgrade towers, or maybe for a city to have an auction house the clan that owns it would have to build it. This would create more of a sink for a clan and would, in theory, generate more allure for a clan to actually do something near their port rather than half of them remaining at 0 gold produced ever.  (benefits. PB Content, Endgame Clan Content, Opening up the map beyond a few areas)

My second idea kind of pitches off the first in that the game could benefit from AI trading. What I mean by this is make it to where if a nation owns both ports and an individual does not have the time or willpower to make the long haul they can invest in an ai ship to do the task for them. This could be beneficial in a number of ways. 1. You can make it to where the ship if killed drops the items involved (either the money for the items or the items themselves) creating a risk factor for the person buying it, so it's not so easy to abuse the system, while simultaneously creating a reason beyond "maybe they have a book" to attack trader ships thereby creating PvE content. This would by extension also increase the benefits of land control and helps the more time-crunched trader to achieve their goals as long as lord Neptune guides their luck. (benefits PVE content, PVP content, PB Content, Trading Content, making acquiring some trade goods more realistic for a time-crunched player)

Thirdly and rather simply. I would pay for DLC that allowed me to customize sails and flags. (maybe with a personal flag flying under the national flag or something). I think this would add some personality to some of the encounters.  (benefits: more money for the game and adding some personal flair to our ships)

For my fourth idea, I think if there is a way it would make some sense to have military fleets (like the capital fleets) actively kill hostile players near them. This helps in a couple of ways. One it adds a layer of danger that should be welcoming for the potential brave newbie killer sitting outside of MT all day and creates some illusion of realism. I am sorry there is no way I should be able as a Brit to sale deep into La Habana harbor and not be in some serious trouble. Lastly, if this was the case, it could create a beneficial environment for the game. I have heard many people complain about the ganking at newbie towns to be one of the reasons they quit; this should help rectify the problem at least somewhat. The old saying grows you reap what you sow, and if the new players first reaping per say is one of salt the game won't grow as much as it could IMHO. (benefits: creating an environment for the brave to actively have some risk to their hunting of newbies, creating a reasonable defense that would be immersive for newer players, and potentially growing the game.)

I have some other ideas but I think I might have rambled too much already for now. I thank you for reading this far and apologize if any of these ideas have been brought up previously I just thought to add some ideas I had for a new game I am passionate about. I look forward to seeing what this game has in store for our future and meeting and likely dying too many of you. I would appreciate any constructive feedback as well! I wish you all good sailing and thank you for your time once again.

-Aelian

• Like 2

Regarding your flag idea. We will get a flag dlc. That dlc contains a wide array of historical accurate flag. The interface to change flags is already on the tested server.

Furthermore new flags will not only accessible through a dlc they will be in-game  reward as well.

(Just imagine if you could upload your own flag. We would see so many hello kitty stuff)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jodgi said:

They've talked about bringing aggressive bots back. I'd be fine with that around capitals but I remember how terrible it was when I had to waste time dodging and escaping bots.

Please don't force bots on me!

I fully understand that! That's why I said specifically around the capitals with like the 25 first rate fleets etc.

• Like 1

1. The idea has floated around and other people do like it. It would be nice to customize your own port a little more.

2. Has been requested in the past, I think it is an alright featue - i know some folks have different opinions on how it should work.

3. They are already coming in both DLC form and potential loot in game.

4. It has been suggested before and was in the game, but I didn't like it and thought it wasted my time more than i wanted it to.

• Like 2

All of your ideas are great.

I especially like the suggestion to have NPC attack enemy ships near ports.  If friendly players were not dragged into the battle, between the defence AI and the enemy, the action could work.

Seems that AI transport ships are not implimented because the Devs don't think players would tolerate the risk.  That or it would be easy to cheat, where the course allows the NPC to travel through land between ports.  If the AI ships could be restricted to sea travel I would love to use them to transport goods.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Macjimm said:

All of your ideas are great.

I especially like the suggestion to have NPC attack enemy ships near ports.  If friendly players were not dragged into the battle, between the defence AI and the enemy, the action could work.

Seems that AI transport ships are not implimented because the Devs don't think players would tolerate the risk.  That or it would be easy to cheat, where the course allows the NPC to travel through land between ports.  If the AI ships could be restricted to sea travel I would love to use them to transport goods.

Oh, that is a good point about ships disappearing into and appearing out of the land. I have faith that will be fixed eventually though so hopefully that issue would go with it allowing more content for people to participate in!

4 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Seems that AI transport ships are not implimented because the Devs don't think players would tolerate the risk

No. If memory serves it is to economize database and server resources. I believe admin said it's one of many things we could have when server hardware can handle it along with everything else.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2018 at 7:43 AM, Aelian said:

For my fourth idea, I think if there is a way it would make some sense to have military fleets (like the capital fleets) actively kill hostile players near them. This helps in a couple of ways. One it adds a layer of danger that should be welcoming for the potential brave newbie killer sitting outside of MT all day and creates some illusion of realism. I am sorry there is no way I should be able as a Brit to sale deep into La Habana harbor and not be in some serious trouble. Lastly, if this was the case, it could create a beneficial environment for the game. I have heard many people complain about the ganking at newbie towns to be one of the reasons they quit; this should help rectify the problem at least somewhat.

Yeah I like this idea.

it has been suggested before but people keep harking back to the days when ai could attack players but done correctly this could be good for immersion.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 10:34 AM, jodgi said:

No. If memory serves it is to economize database and server resources. I believe admin said it's one of many things we could have when server hardware can handle it along with everything else.

I hope I am incorrect, but I seem to remember a post from Admin that players would not like to risk AI to attack, therefore they will not allow NPC to sail between ports to transport goods.  ( I've searched but cannot find the post).

I like your memory better, and hope you are right.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1