Game-Labs Forum

I'd be happy to have a 20 second timer or so timer allowing you to switch ships. I think you should also be allowed to have ship knowledge attached to fleet ships (even though they don't/shouldn't benefit the AI at all) so that when you switch you have the knowledge you want. It's also very irritating when I accidentally send the wrong ship to fleet and then I have to reset my knowledge set up. It's not a huge issue, but it's just irritating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Should be able to switch main ship for a fleet ship in OW.

50 minutes ago, springby said:

sure but make it a charged ability, the process should take some time and not be instant

I disagree that it should be an extra perks - it should go with the fleet perk. But then, I think Fleet 1 should be not be a perk but every Captain should have it.

Transferring to fleet ship should take 2 minutes with sails down just like log out and not be able to be cancelled.

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 2

+1 to @Farrago suggestion. Captains would sometimes be rowed across to different ships in a fleet, like for a meeting with the Commodore. No reason we should allow a Captain to transfer ships in game (with time delay). 

Of course the famous example in combat is when Commodore Perry left his flagship to take command of the Niagara at the Battle of Lake Erie in 1813. 

• Like 2

The timer would need to be at least a minute or two or you could play some real funny games with people trying to tag your snow just before you switch into a bellona. 

34 minutes ago, Flinch said:

The timer would need to be at least a minute or two or you could play some real funny games with people trying to tag your snow just before you switch into a bellona. 

Yes, and ship should be standing still like logout and towing.

• Like 4